Thread: China deploys "Robot Soldiers" along the border with India

Exclamation China deploys "Robot Soldiers" along the border with India

It's really not a question of "if" we "should" develop AI/robotics and AWS (autonomous weapons systems) -- it's a question of when.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post

It's really not a question of "if" we "should" develop AI/robotics and AWS (autonomous weapons systems) -- it's a question of when.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Wonder if these could sniff out a target with Covid?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Why all of a sudden are none of the video frames showing up? Am I the only one?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Been done. I know because I worked on it back in 2001. I was on the software side and have no knowledge of hardware, but have been told it exists.

I will say nothing more because I have no desire to spend the remainder of my life in a cell. But I will say that you should be concerned. Nothing good will ultimately come of robotics. Asimov's Three Laws are for thee, but not for me, if you get my meaning.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Why all of a sudden are none of the video frames showing up? Am I the only one?
    This has happened to me when I got signed out of YouTube. Might also check your cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Been done. I know because I worked on it back in 2001. I was on the software side and have no knowledge of hardware, but have been told it exists.

I will say nothing more because I have no desire to spend the remainder of my life in a cell. But I will say that you should be concerned. Nothing good will ultimately come of robotics. Asimov's Three Laws are for thee, but not for me, if you get my meaning.
    For sure, these systems have been around for a long time, and mature platforms already exist and have been in service for years. When I was in college, DARPA's autonomous-driving grand challenge was all the rage for university students going into robotics. It is fun stuff but the sad fact is that these systems were doomed to be turned into terminator abominations from day one. The ruling world order only operates on one wavelength: killing.

But if we were to design and use robots for their obviously beneficial uses, they have the potential to completely transform humanity. It is not a complete exaggeration to say that they could revive the long-lost, Atlantean Golden Age. We still have a long ways to go before we get there. But it's possible.

Or, we can just keep building murder-bots and perpetuate the old way of doing things...

This has happened to me when I got signed out of YouTube. Might also check your cookies.
    I think I tossed my cookies long ago.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.