Thread: Rand Paul: I'm quitting YouTube

Rand Paul: I'm quitting YouTube

My New Year's resolution: I'm quitting YouTube

by Sen. Rand Paul
    January 03, 2022

Every year, people resolve to do things that are better for their health — quitting alcohol, processed food, toxic relationships. I have come to the realization that my relationship with YouTube is dysfunctional.

Sure, I can get millions of views. But why should I allow anonymous “fact-checkers” to censor my fully sourced, fact-based content? They don’t want to challenge or debate me with opposing views, they just want my silence.

Everyone complains about Big Tech. The Left says Big Tech doesn’t censor enough. The right complains that Big Tech censors too much already.

Many in Congress, on the Left and the Right, want to break up or regulate Big Tech, but few of these loud voices have actually stepped up and quit using Big Tech.

So today, I announce that I will begin an exodus from Big Tech. I will no longer post videos on YouTube unless it is to criticize them or announce that viewers can see my content on rumble.com.

Why begin with YouTube? Because they’re the worst censors.

read more:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...itting-youtube

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's a pretty good New Year's Resolution.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

My goal is to eventually quit Big Tech entirely. I’ve created a news aggregator site, libertytree.com that brings together writers and news in defense of small government and expansive personal liberty.
    That's a great step in the right direction.

I see that libertytree.com is affiliated with the Independent Institute, which is another good sign. They're a great organization.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Good, now to figure out how to do with Twitter and Facebook. And no there's not a simple solution because both of them have established networks of people, so if you shut yourself down you are going to reach a much smaller audience.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Good, now to figure out how to do with Twitter and Facebook. And no there's not a simple solution because both of them have established networks of people, so if you shut yourself down you are going to reach a much smaller audience.
    The idea is to reduce their audience. Let them have the MSNBC crowd and then they can suffer the results of their decisions as their stock price dwindles.

But it's going to take a large-scale pull back. Rand leading the way is good. If others follow, all the better.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

https://twitter.com/chrispavlovski/s...54017720893440
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1478109794598805507
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The only reason I continue to use Youtube is because most of the channels that I'm subscribed to don't move to other channels. If they went to other platforms like Rumble or Bitchute, I'd have no reason to continue going on Youtube.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The only reason I continue to use Youtube is because most of the channels that I'm subscribed to don't move to other channels. If they went to other platforms like Rumble or Bitchute, I'd have no reason to continue going on Youtube.
    Then send them messages. Tell them you'd hate to stop watching them, but you can't do it on that platform anymore and would like an alternative. That'll give them a chance to open their horizons while also getting them concerned over losing viewers like you.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Just don't use them. I have never used facebook or twitter. I have a satisfying life without them. I have used youtube, maybe once a month or less.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Just don't use them. I have never used facebook or twitter. I have a satisfying life without them. I have used youtube, maybe once a month or less.
    I'm talking about for Rand Paul, or a politician like him. I don't see a real argument for not cross-posting all your main messages on all the social media sites.

If he's to stop using them it'd be detrimental to his politics (probably).

I haven't used Facebook in forever. Twitter is a bit addicting but I never click on their ads.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

I'm talking about for Rand Paul, or a politician like him. I don't see a real argument for not cross-posting all your main messages on all the social media sites.

If he's to stop using them it'd be detrimental to his politics (probably).

I haven't used Facebook in forever. Twitter is a bit addicting but I never click on their ads.
    Like anyone he, just don't use it. With all the censorhsip and banning it was pointless anyway. He couldn't reach his intended audience.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·