Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Will Hear Arguments on Biden Vaccine Mandate

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I've heard no discussion about those who have natural immunity from previous infection. Anyone??
    "Natural immunity"? What is this "natural" immunity you speak of? Is this one of those weird new age pseudoscience things?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yikes, this guy is getting clobbered.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

VERY easy for this guy to say, there's been no proof that any of this will solve anything!

But he sucks.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

We may win on the OSHA mandate, but the health care workers case seems lost.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Court is adjourned. Again, it seems like we stand a decent chance on the OSHA mandate, but the health care workers may be SOL.

So now we move to the ruling...

We may get an expedited ruling that could come down as early as this evening or over the weekend. The last time, the SC ruled so quickly was in Bush v. Gore. In that case, arguments were heard on one morning and the ruling came down the next evening.

Well, they got around that. There was no bill. This isn't a law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

SC justices are not interested in upholding the Constitution but rather how their nomination effects it.

And, "You only have to have it if you want a job" in no way makes it less totalitarian.

And that goes double for nine career lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

And, "You only have to have it if you want a job" in no way makes it less totalitarian.
    Oh come on... You don't have to have it if you want a job... But we will put you on a list of noncompliants and you will be targeted for weekly harassment.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I wonder if any of these justices have ever spent a day of vacation in Florida or even Georgia. Life is relatively normal here without mandates and people aren't dropping like flies.

It's only if you are living through the lens of media fearmongering, that COVID seems to be the plague.

About half the people in my county here in GA haven't had a single dose. To hear the media tell it, we should be burning piles of bodies in the streets.

I do know of two people who are positive within the last few days, but they must have the wonderfully pleasant variant where you suffer 1-2 days of fever and then you already feel good enough to go buy your own soup and crackers. I wish omicron had been around when I was laid up for 10 days of fever in 2020.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-07-2022 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I but they must have the wonderfully pleasant variant where you suffer 1-2 days of fever and then you already feel good enough to go buy your own soup and crackers.
    Omicommon cold.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I'm not interested in this being a "learning moment". If the Federal government assumes to itself the power to compel a free people to either undergo a medical procedure, or submit to frequent "testing" (irrespective of the "severity" of the virus), and no state rejects the authority of the Feds to do so, then there are not enough red pills in the world to save us.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The administration will face an immediate challenge from Republican state officials who are eager to fight Biden in court. More than two dozen Republicans serving as state attorneys general have indicated they plan to sue, arguing that only Congress can enact such sweeping requirements under emergency authority.
    And if the courts rule against them, will they bend the knee?

If so, then what's the point?

If not, then why don't they just make that clear from the start and tell Biden and OSHA to go kick rocks?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Imagine if we had HRC appointing judges for 4 years. We'd be just like the UK or Australia with mandatory testing and isolation of EVERYONE no matter vaxed, no vax, infected or not infected (close contact).
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

So if you get the ineffective shot you can still spread the virus, so you need to get the shot so you don't spread the virus
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    So if you get the ineffective shot you can still spread the virus, so you need to get the shot so you don't spread the virus
    You know, that didn't even come up today. There was some talk about how an unvaccinated person could only be a danger to other unvaccinated people, but nothing about the vaccine being ineffective at stopping the spread.

It was like they were all going off of the narrative from 6 months ago. INCLUDING the conservative Justices.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You know, that didn't even come up today. There was some talk about how an unvaccinated person could only be a danger to other unvaccinated people, but nothing about the vaccine being ineffective at stopping the spread.
    I actually did hear one person say that. But he said it as if he were reciting a footnote and then continued with whatever else he really meant to say.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I actually did hear one person say that. But he said it as if he were reciting a footnote and then continued with whatever else he really meant to say.
    "I didn't understand one thing you just said." - Justice Clarence Thomas
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

It's for the children!

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1479581248716693506
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Each and every American will have a choice of shot. They can be shot with a rifle or shot with a vaccine. Rest assured every person will have their shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It's for the children!

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1479581248716693506
    What hope of defense does a person have against the ideology of the high court justice? Does your opinion matter? Not if she says it doesn't.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    What hope of defense does a person have against the ideology of the high court justice? Does your opinion matter? Not if she says it doesn't.
    She's also a person of color so by disagreeing with her in any form or fashion makes you a racist.

Also Thomas shall be considered an uncle tom if he doesn't approve of mandates.

I think that's how the logic goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    She's also a person of color so by disagreeing with her in any form or fashion makes you a racist.

Also Thomas shall be considered an uncle tom if he doesn't approve of mandates.

I think that's how the logic goes.
    It's pure hypocrisy, so that must be right.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast