Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Mehmet Oz (U.S. Senate, R-PA)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Methinks you got that backwards. Secret allegiances are far worse than open disclosure.
    I do not think so from a practical point of view.
    The secretly disloyal are limited by maintaining appearances while the openly disloyal will do as much harm as they like while also moving the overton window towards disloyalty being acceptable.
    It's the difference between someone who has to keep up a minimum appearance of minding your interests as a legal guardian and a kidnapper.

That being said, IMHO, dual citizens should not be able to hold elected office in the US.
    On this we agree 100%
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dr. Mehmet Oz, the celebrity doctor running as a Republican in Pennsylvania’s 2022 U.S. Senate race, is accused of being a hypocrite after a reportedly lavish “$250,000-a-head fundraiser with [a] Clinton friend and Epstein associate” when he has attacked his most prominent opponent David McCormick for “taking money from [Democrats].”
    Dr. Oz in the past has accused McCormick of taking money from “Clinton-loving Democrats” while trying to appear as a strong Republican. However, he had a fundraiser costing a quarter of a million dollars per head with Pepe Fanjul, a friend of Bill Clinton, both of whom were in Jeffery Epstein’s black book of contacts, according to the Daily Mail. The fundraiser was at Fanjul’s farm in Palm Beach.
    Fanjul has been a “prominent Republican donor” but has also been cozy with the Clinton family for decades. Last year, Bill Clinton was seen boarding a yacht with the Epstein-connected billionaire sugar baron Pepe Fanjul and his brother Alfonso. At that time, the Daily Mail reported that Clinton and Pepe appeared in Epstein’s “‘black book’ of celebrity, wealthy and influential contacts.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ng-money-dems/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Barnette just won a recent straw poll. These are the kind of things that Bartos was generally winning, so I wouldn't totally count her out:
    https://twitter.com/Kathy4Truth/stat...19269208285190

Oz/McCormick still only have 14% in this poll:

IMO this will mainly come down to who Trump endorses in the race, if he doesn't it'll be a close one. My guess is he'll go with Oz.

But my guess is most people don't want either of these candidates and they just don't know enough about the other options like Barnette who seems to be the best.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 04-03-2022 at 03:31 PM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    IMO this will mainly come down to who Trump endorses in the race, if he doesn't it'll be a close one. My guess is he'll go with Oz.
    Just announced. Where do we send your prize?

Trump has made several bad endorsements. This continues the tradition.

I just received a mailer today attacking him for being a carpet bagger. Trump underestimates how important it is for Pennsylvanians to vote for a...Pennsylvanian.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post

I just received a mailer today attacking him for being a carpet bagger. Trump underestimates how important it is for Pennsylvanians to vote for a...Pennsylvanian.
    Yet the two front runners are both carpet baggers.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yet the two front runners are both carpet baggers.
    I mean, at least McCormick was born and raised in Pennsylvania.

But come on. Both are some of the worst Senate candidates I have ever seen.

I mean, at least McCormick was born and raised in Pennsylvania.

But come on. Both are some of the worst Senate candidates I have ever seen.
    Apparently McCormick’s ties to Pennsylvania got him the Public School Employees Retirement System (PSERS) account at Bridgewater. Seems like the funds underperformed, causing an increase in taxes and employee/employer contributions. Was this a scandal in Pennsylvania?

Some info:
    https://patreasury.gov/pdf/newsroom/...tter-61021.pdf
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I already bet on it and made a little money.

I still think McCormick is worse (look at the swamp behind him) so if Barnette doesn't catch on it makes the most sense to vote for Oz.

I'm also not a fan of gold digger Sands or establishment Rubio supporter Bartos.

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1513618263804203008

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1513596323429294092

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1512088637290123264

Apparently McCormick’s ties to Pennsylvania got him the Public School Employees Retirement System (PSERS) account at Bridgewater. Seems like the funds underperformed, causing an increase in taxes and employee/employer contributions. Was this a scandal in Pennsylvania?

Some info:
    https://patreasury.gov/pdf/newsroom/...tter-61021.pdf
    McCormick is a trash candidate and seemingly a trash person. You won't get me to defend him. My only point was that literally the only thing you can't call him is a carpet bagger.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I already bet on it and made a little money.

I still think McCormick is worse (look at the swamp behind him) so if Barnette doesn't catch on it makes the most sense to vote for Oz.

I'm also not a fan of gold digger Sands or establishment Rubio supporter Bartos.
    None of the candidates are any good. None are worthy of my vote in either the primary or the general. If Oz or McCormick are the nominee, I would be .5% tempted to vote for the Democrat just to punish the Republicans for putting up such wretched people.

I think people outside of Pennsylvania are severely underestimating how much we dislike Oz.

For goodness sake, he is a WEF member who has refuses to renounce his Turkish citizenship if elected. I'm suppose to buy that he is American first?

By the way, Trump's endorsement is as empty as any I've heard. "He once said I'm in good health." "He is famous like me." And most of the rest of what he said about Oz is a lie.

None of the candidates are any good. None are worthy of my vote in either the primary or the general. If Oz or McCormick are the nominee, I would be .5% tempted to vote for the Democrat just to punish the Republicans for putting up such wretched people.

I think people outside of Pennsylvania are severely underestimating how much we dislike Oz.

For goodness sake, he is a WEF member who has refuses to renounce his Turkish citizenship if elected. I'm suppose to buy that he is American first?

By the way, Trump's endorsement is as empty as any I've heard. "He once said I'm in good health." "He is famous like me." And most of the rest of what he said about Oz is a lie.
    Yeah I guess I just see McCormick as the ultimate worst though, and Barnette would probably be like a standard conservative in the Senate and work with people like Tim Scott which I guess seems favorable to the others. And she did pretty well in the latest poll:

It's all about picking the lesser of evils though...

Barnette has focused a lot of her talk on being against globalist initiatives at the World Economic Forum unlike McCormick who helped lead a "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion" one, and Oz who is a member. FWIW I don't believe being a member means a whole lot but McCormick actively participated in wokeness.

Pennsylvania U.S. Senate Republican Debate

Barnette has focused a lot of her talk on being against globalist initiatives at the World Economic Forum unlike McCormick who helped lead a "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion" one, and Oz who is a member. FWIW I don't believe being a member means a whole lot but McCormick actively participated in wokeness.
    Well, Oz refuses to renounce his Turkish citizenship and even voted there as recent as 2018. He is certainly no less globalist than McCormick.

Unfortunately, I will have to hold my nose and vote for Barnette. If she doesn't win, then I'll be sitting out the Senate general.

Meanwhile, our neighbor gets a based Senate candidate like Vance.

Well, Oz refuses to renounce his Turkish citizenship and even voted there as recent as 2018. He is certainly no less globalist than McCormick.

Unfortunately, I will have to hold my nose and vote for Barnette. If she doesn't win, then I'll be sitting out the Senate general.

Meanwhile, our neighbor gets a based Senate candidate like Vance.
    Hearing a lot of buzz for Barnette lately. The knock on her had been that she was decent, but she couldn't win. But with the latest polls, there may be some comfortability that she actually could win. That's a big boost. I will not be surprised if she pulls this out.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1524418782302810112

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Hearing a lot of buzz for Barnette lately. The knock on her had been that she was decent, but she couldn't win. But with the latest polls, there may be some comfortability that she actually could win. That's a big boost. I will not be surprised if she pulls this out.
    Frankly, I do not trust her on foreign policy. The Ukraine/Russia section on her website is cringey and only reinforces that distrust.

However, the disgust with Oz and McCormick in this State is palpable. I'm not going to predict it, but it wouldn't shock me if she won.

I see some people are dishonestly using the first part of this clip to smear @Kathy4Truth as a BLM supporter. She is NOT a BLM supporter. She has denounced them from the start. In the very clip people are dishonestly cutting up she goes on to call the riots "parasitic behavior". pic.twitter.com/Iu8WlEkou2— Lavern Spicer������������ (@lavern_spicer) May 11, 2022

https://twitter.com/lavern_spicer/st...83263749459968

People generally resort to dirty tricks when they are losing and have nothing real to attack with.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I find it funny how leftists and the MSM call Trump supporter's blind followers when the majority of them aren't backing Oz and don't care that Trump endorsed him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://www.thedailybeast.com/maga-w...n-pennsylvania

The two main contenders for the Republican nomination in Pennsylvania took a short break from savaging each other this week to train their collective fire on an unexpected rival who is experiencing a surge in popularity in the eleventh hour of the high-profile contest.

In fact, on Wednesday afternoon, it seemed like anyone with a Fox News show or a follower count in the six-digits on MAGA Twitter is speaking with the same voice: if Kathy Barnette wins the primary Tuesday, she is going to lose the Senate seat to a Democrat.

But for Barnette—a previously little-known author whose only other political credit is a landslide congressional defeat in 2020—all the attacks just showed that leading candidates David McCormick and Mehmet Oz think of her as a threat.

“I think I see it as a badge of honor,” Barnette said. “They’re actually paying attention to me.”

McCormick and Trump-endorsed Oz weren’t the only ones startled by Barnette’s sudden rise.

Sean Hannity took time on his show to slam her attacks on Muslims, including her claim that Barack Obama is a Muslim.

Newsmax’s Greg Kelly called her a “race card playing scammer.” Former Trump acting intelligence director Ric Grenell called her “unfit for office,” highlighting a 2015 tweet in which Barnette said “pedophilia is a cornerstone of Islam.” Pro-Trump accounts have circulated a misleadingly edited video meant to portray Barnette, who is Black, as a radical Black Lives Matter supporter.

Conservative media outlets have stirred up murky questions about her military service. Even Trump got in on the action on Thursday, putting out a vague press release claiming Barnette would lose a general election because of “many things ​in her past which have not been properly explained or vetted.”

Tuesday’s Republican primary was expected to come down to McCormick, a businessman, and Trump’s pick, Oz. But a pricey ad battle between the two leading candidates and a viral video about Barnette’s life story have created an opening for the little-known author and failed House candidate who now polls roughly equal to her rivals.

A Fox News poll conducted between May 3 and May 7 put Barnette at 19 percent, McCormick at 20 percent, and Oz at 22 percent—a three-way tie in the poll’s 3 percent margin of error.

It’s the second time in two election cycles Barnette has been on the ballot. In 2020, she lost a general election bid for a House seat by more than 20 points. That loss and her thin political experience appear to have convinced Republican operatives that she would struggle in the Senate primary. But her sudden rise has upended the GOP race, which for months has been a brutal one-on-one cage match between Oz and McCormick. The two have spent at least a combined $28 million to date—with associated outside groups dumping another $25 million in ads—making this the most expensive congressional race so far in this midterm election cycle.

Republican operatives from Washington to Pennsylvania quickly mobilized this week in a mad scramble to dig into Barnette’s record for potential lines of attack. By Wednesday night, a pro-Oz super PAC was running ads on YouTube attacking Barnette for once circulating a petition to create a statue for Barack Obama, part of an oddball compromise Barnette once proposed to save a statue of Abraham Lincoln in Washington, D.C. In a Wednesday appearance on Fox News host Laura Ingraham’s show, McCormick pointed to Barnette’s 2020 defeat as proof that she’s a guaranteed loser.

“She’s been tested,” McCormick said. “Even the last two years, she ran for Congress and lost by 20 points."

Trump, himself, weighed in on Thursday in a statement, saying she “will never be able to win the General Election” and reminded his followers that Oz was his pick.

Barnette’s recent rise has been powered in the primary in part by a video in which she lays out her background as the product of her then 11-year-old mother’s rape to argue for sweeping restrictions on abortion, including in cases of rape. But Barnette’s story may have inspired Republican voters, her hardline stance against abortion even in the case of rape might not play so well in the general election. Other potential general-election weaknesses included her ties to Jan. 6, her attacks on Muslims and LGBT people, her campaign’s unwillingness to discuss her background, and her flirtations with QAnon.

Barnette refused to concede her 2020 congressional defeat to Rep. Madeleine Dean (D), hiring an amateur election fraud “expert” only to fire him after the man failed to find compelling proof that she had been cheated. She chartered three buses to take people to the Jan. 6 protests in Washington, claiming in a Dec. 22, 2020 Facebook video that the country was being stolen from Trump supporters.

“Fight, fight, fight,” Barnette said. “This is our country. This is not their country. This is our country.”

Later in the video, Barnette blended a reference to Christmas family dinners with a militant call for Trump supporters to use a “sword” and prepare for Jan. 6.

“We will enjoy our families with our sword drawn,” Barnette said.
    I feel like the corporate press/political operations have no idea what they're seeing. People are sick and tired of the establishment picks - even the ones blessed by Trump. People would rather accept a flawed candidate that isn't beholden to the game than they would a polished candidate that says all the right things but is backed by the cabals that are trying to destroy us.

This is fun to watch and now I hope she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The two main contenders for the Republican nomination in Pennsylvania took a short break from savaging each other this week to train their collective fire on an unexpected rival [...]

In fact, on Wednesday afternoon, it seemed like anyone with a Fox News show or a follower count in the six-digits on MAGA Twitter is speaking with the same voice [...]

Sean Hannity took time on his show to slam her attacks on Muslims, including her claim that Barack Obama is a Muslim.

Newsmax’s Greg Kelly called her a “race card playing scammer.” Former Trump acting intelligence director Ric Grenell called her “unfit for office,” [...] Pro-Trump accounts have circulated a misleadingly edited video [...]

Conservative media outlets have stirred up murky questions about her military service. Even Trump got in on the action on Thursday [...]

Republican operatives from Washington to Pennsylvania quickly mobilized this week [... A] pro-Oz super PAC was running ads on YouTube attacking Barnette [...O]n Fox News host Laura Ingraham’s show, McCormick pointed to Barnette’s 2020 defeat as proof that she’s a guaranteed loser. [...]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_hEmDoYWcM
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I heard an MSM newsbreak on the radio yesterday. They talked about this race, and repeated every single negative accusation about Barnette.

Barnette has made the move from "she who shall not be named" to a full time smear campaign.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-15-2022 at 10:07 AM.

I heard an MSM newsbreak on the radio yesterday. They talked about this race, and repeated every single negative accusation about Barnette.

Barnette has made the move from "she who shall not be named" to a full time smear campaign.
    They're more scared of her than Trump and for good reason. A black conservative that out MAGA'd Trump? Someone not tied to "Operation Warp Speed?" I hope she wins.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope Barnette get elected instead of Oz.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It appears that Pennsylvania uses a plurality rule for determining a winner in a primary. So it's a system designed to benefit the incumbent or establishment candidate. Looks like McCormick will probably win.

Pennsylvania law stipulates that parties conduct closed primaries, meaning only registered party members can participate in a political party's primary election. Winners in primary contests are determined by plurality vote.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast