Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas from the Massie family

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Massie is freaking cool! Guy knows how to do it and he actually does it. I like him.

This photo is getting a lot of news coverage BTW; I guess some people are offended that he put out the pic too soon after a school shooting. I personally don't see anything wrong with it at all. What's funny is I posted a reddit link in the OP where people are discussing it and don't really seem to have a problem with it. If you compare that with the r/Libertarian sub though the comments are much more negative in the "libertarian" sub. That place has really turned into a joke the past few years.

wheres my card Tom???
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The deer on his property don't stand a chance.

Cry your liberal tears....

Democratic U.S. Representative John Yarmuth, who chairs the U.S. House of Representatives Budget Committee, condemned his fellow Kentuckian's post.

"I’m old enough to remember Republicans screaming that it was insensitive to try to protect people from gun violence after a tragedy," Yarmuth wrote on Twitter, apparently referring to calls for gun control laws.

"I promise not everyone in Kentucky is an insensitive $#@!," he added.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-congres...025707888.html

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Do you think Thomas will tuck his tail between his legs and make a formal apology?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Do you think Thomas will tuck his tail between his legs and make a formal apology?
    Not in the least.

Lol.

That's good. But tending to overcomplicate things, I'd have said, there are six BARs, three in each wing.

Last edited by acptulsa; 12-05-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Well there goes a good week's paycheck.

Well there goes a good week's paycheck.
    Unfortunately, that’s what it’s come to. Ammo is so expensive, you don’t want to shoot too much anymore.

This is what I see when they are firing that gun...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Massie is a $#@!ing legend and this just cements it even more.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

LOL. An editor at "Reason" was triggered by this:

https://twitter.com/billybinion/stat...84779624280064

To which good ol' Spike Cohen replied:

https://twitter.com/RealSpikeCohen/s...60493338161156

(Spike is the only really good thing to come out of any Libertarian Party POTUS/VP ticket since Harry Browne.)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    “Scaramouche; from Italian Scaramuccia [skaraˈmuttʃa], literally "little skirmisher") is a stock clown character of the 16th-century commedia dell'arte (comic theatrical arts of Italian literature). The role combined characteristics of the Zanni (servant) and the Capitano (masked henchman), with some assortment of villainous traits. Usually attired in black Spanish dress and burlesquing a Don, he was often beaten by Harlequin for his boasting and cowardice.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    This photo is getting a lot of news coverage BTW; I guess some people are offended that he put out the pic too soon after a school shooting
    Too soon after a school shooting that has all the approved "baddies" and is already being used as a political weapon.

Had the Crumbley kid not done anything and Massie released that photo, the Marxists would not have said a word, since the only school shooting on recent radar was that black kid in Texas that did pretty much the same thing a few weeks prior.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    “Scaramouche; from Italian Scaramuccia [skaraˈmuttʃa], literally "little skirmisher") is a stock clown character of the 16th-century commedia dell'arte (comic theatrical arts of Italian literature). The role combined characteristics of the Zanni (servant) and the Capitano (masked henchman), with some assortment of villainous traits. Usually attired in black Spanish dress and burlesquing a Don, he was often beaten by Harlequin for his boasting and cowardice.”
    "Will you do the Fandango?"
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Aww, is Billy scared?

No true libertarian would ever use the term "gun culture".

Nothing is more important, as guns in the hands of citizens is the single greatest metric of the relationship of man and government.

Just another soy boy fagggot, interested in "rights" only so far as smoking weed, buying doge coins and marrying his boyfriend is concerned.

LOL. An editor at "Reason" was triggered by this:

https://twitter.com/billybinion/stat...84779624280064

To which good ol' Spike Cohen replied:

https://twitter.com/RealSpikeCohen/s...60493338161156

(Spike is the only really good thing to come out of any Libertarian Party POTUS/VP ticket since Harry Browne.)

IIRC Massie lives not too far from the Knob Creek range where they held the last one of these, this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Aww, is Billy scared?

No true libertarian would ever use the term "gun culture".

Nothing is more important, as guns in the hands of citizens is the single greatest metric of the relationship of man and government.

Just another soy boy fagggot, interested in "rights" only so far as smoking weed, buying doge coins and marrying his boyfriend is concerned.
    So, I'm going to say this knowing it may not be the most popular opinion...

I think we need to be a little careful defining what "true libertarians" will say. We run the risk of pushing these people into the hands of the Marxist left. Based on his articles, this guy seems to be focused on the criminal justice farce of government. That's a good thing.

To me, his dumbass Twitter comment is clearly centered in the urban/rural divide. Many people who grow up in the cities have been taught to fear guns - not just to respect them. When they hear shots in their neighborhood, they're not wondering who is practicing or if someone bagged a deer. They can very easily equate gun use to crime. From my perspective, this guy is suffering from the "fear culture" of the cities. But I can recognize that he's not viewing the world with the same perspective as I am. From his perspective, proper gun use (and gun display) is to protect people from their fears.

Let's not fall into the trap that all true libertarians have to share the same perspective. It's never going to happen. What's worse is that we end up in a circular firing squad going after those who would support us instead of the true enemies. He started it by making a stupid statement about the rural perspective, but no need to cast him aside so quickly or turn him against us. It'd be better to educate him on how different environments create different viewpoints, but we all need the freedom to allow different viewpoints to exist. In other words, expanding the range of libertarian thought rather than reducing it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

I think we need to be a little careful defining what "true libertarians" will say. We run the risk of pushing these people into the hands of the Marxist left. Based on his articles, this guy seems to be focused on the criminal justice farce of government. That's a good thing.

To me, his dumbass Twitter comment is clearly centered in the urban/rural divide. Many people who grow up in the cities have been taught to fear guns - not just to respect them. When they hear shots in their neighborhood, they're not wondering who is practicing or if someone bagged a deer. They can very easily equate gun use to crime. From my perspective, this guy is suffering from the "fear culture" of the cities. But I can recognize that he's not viewing the world with the same perspective as I am. From his perspective, proper gun use (and gun display) is to protect people from their fears.

Let's not fall into the trap that all true libertarians have to share the same perspective. It's never going to happen. What's worse is that we end up in a circular firing squad going after those who would support us instead of the true enemies. He started it by making a stupid statement about the rural perspective, but no need to cast him aside so quickly or turn him against us. It'd be better to educate him on how different environments create different viewpoints, but we all need the freedom to allow different viewpoints to exist. In other words, expanding the range of libertarian thought rather than reducing it.
    You've got a valid point, I'd be wiling to retract the personal slanders, but not the statement on what guns in the hands of citizens means.

IIRC Massie lives not too far from the Knob Creek range where they held the last one of these, this year.

... and the rockets red glare, and the bombs bursting in air....

gave proof, through the night, that our flag was still there.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

I don't really disagree with any of this. But I would note, however, that Binion himself injected the issue of libertarian "credentials" when he chose to frame his remarks with the preface, "I say this as a libertarian ...".

And for that very reason, gun ownership is a light that should not be hidden under a bushel.

The more "normalized" it is, the more effective it will be for the purpose AF identified.

It should absolutely be normalized - and good for Massie for doing his bit as a prominent public figure.

I don't really disagree with any of this. But I would note, however, that Binion himself injected the issue of libertarian "credentials" when he chose to frame his remarks with the preface, "I say this as a libertarian ...".
    Agreed. His statement was stupid. And narrow-mindedly focused on his own limited perspective. Especially, since Massie is taking a lot of heat for posting that. My preferred method is to deal with that through education instead of mockery. Those who hold libertarian views are so rare these days that I'm not fond of driving more wedges between us.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

And for that very reason, gun ownership is a light that should not be hidden under a bushel.

The more "normalized" it is, the more effective it will be for the purpose AF identified.

It should absolutely be normalized - and good for Massie for doing his bit as a prominent public figure.
    Just remember that it's a perspective thing. Here, I'll give you an example...

Most libertarians agree that sex between consenting adults is none of the government's business. Even if someone is getting paid for it. But depending on our own perspective, some people may find it in bad taste for, say, a Las Vegas Congressperson to flaunt it by having whores draped over his arms. One could make the case that the more it is "normalized", the more effective it will be for liberty. But you could have others (who also support that right) that may not like it being portrayed at "cutesy".

Both points of view can legitimately be held. It's one of the things that make liberty so great. Billy could learn that lesson, but so could all of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast