Thread: The Folly of Anti-Woke “Social Distancing”

Exclamation The Folly of Anti-Woke “Social Distancing”

The Folly of Anti-Woke “Social Distancing”

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-...al-distancing/

David Cole

November 23, 2021

Deadlines are an unforgiving mistress. Every now and then I’ll see something right after my column posts that makes me regret not having been able to include it.

For example, last month, in my piece about the manufactured controversy in Texas regarding “teaching both sides of the Holocaust,” I predicted that the dumbest on the right would take the bait and be like, “Yes, we should teach both sides of the Holocaust in public schools!”

And wouldn’t you know it? The very day my column posted, the always reliable Unz Review (“reliable” as in you can always rely on it to go full retard) ran a screed by some mouthbreather titled “Why Not Question ‘the Holocaust’ in Schools?”

Because yes, America’s math- and reading-challenged kids desperately need to learn all about an obscure controversy regarding a Polish building constructed by Germans in 1943. Yep, that’ll totally help us compete with the Chinese!

Must some of you be so predictable?

So two weeks ago, I went on a rant about what I call the “smug fatalism” of rightists whose attitude is essentially to cede the nation, to write off blue America as inevitable (and therefore pointless to oppose), and to retreat to safe towns from which they can whittle away the days freed of the burden of having to work hard enough or be smart enough to counter the left.

I caricatured such people’s views as, “Them blue cities is goin’ ta hell; let ’em! They voted fer it, let ’em suffer. This is what ya git in blue states! $#@! ’em, let ’em rot!”

And whaddya know, just two days later, John Nolte of Breitbart tweeted:

I don’t give a $#@! if Democrat-run cities burn. I live in MAGA country where it’s clean, safe, tolerant, and people of all races live together in harmony. $#@!hole cities are not my problem. Rage on, morons. You get what you vote for.

It’s literally like he was parodying my parody, but in fact he was dead serious.

So I’m gonna take another pass at explaining the flaws with “conservative cocooning.”

To start with, let’s say you’re safe where you are. Nolte lives in Boone, N.C. (I’m not doxxing him; it’s on his Twitter profile). Population 19,000; 94% white.

Now, let’s say he (God forbid) falls ill with some rare ailment. He’ll have to travel; maybe to the Mayo Clinic. And when Agualtitectl the indigenous Honduran transgender affirmative-action “dreamer” orderly hooks up his IV to a can of motor oil because he can’t read English, Nolte ain’t gonna be safe no more.

Or what about when Nolte gets an invitation to be keynote speaker at the American Douchebag Convention in Boulder. He’ll likely decide to fly there.

Mid-flight: “This be Shaniquita, yo’ diversity an’ inclusion pilot. I don’t be knowin’ what dis button do, but I gon’ press it anyways cuz YOLO!”

R.I.P. Nolte and the passengers of flight 704 to Boulder.

You may be safe where you are, but you can’t live like a Covid lockdown recluse for the rest of your life.

But that’s beside the point because…you ain’t safe where you are.

There’s an old saying I just coined: “You cannot Randy Weaver if those in power don’t want you to Randy Weaver.” You know who learned that the hard way? Randy Weaver. Leftists want the entire country; there’s no town too unimportant to merit their concern. This is the domino principle but, like, for real this time. We fight them over here so we don’t have to fight them even more over here.

Now, if fighting “them” simply meant fighting people (like looters, Antifas, or even a presidential administration), then retreating to Mayberry could be a plan. But rightists often tout their Christianity, so they should understand the meaning of Ephesians 6:12. The fight’s not always against “flesh and blood,” but spiritual darkness, which can be interpreted secularly as pathologies like the jihad mentality that spread like wildfire throughout the Muslim world over the past four decades, and antiwhite wokeism, which is spreading throughout America now.

You can build a wall to keep out humans, but no wall can keep out an idea. The woke brain disease can hit anyone, anywhere. Young people, and white women, are very susceptible to it. So your 94% white town is not safe.

Nolte reminds me of a burly crew-cut dad in 1968 saying, “No way MAH daughter’s gonna run off with some longhair an’ join a hippie commune in San Francisco! Nuh-uh, not MAH little girl.”

[Sees hippie van drive away with his daughter giving him the finger from the window]

“Git back here, ya $#@!in’ bitch!”

When a pathology is spreading among young people, and especially among young women (as P.J. O’Rourke has noted, lots of dudes joined the hippie scene purely because it’s where the chicks were), neither a good Christian upbringing nor the occasional strap to the ass can 100% guarantee that your little angel won’t become infected.

If you examine the minutes and internal documents of the school boards that have tried to ram CRT down the throats of children, you find that nobody was forcing the board members to do it. The (predominantly white) cat ladies on those boards were not being pressured. There were no Antifa or BLM threats, no arm-twisting. Antifa wouldn’t know a school board from a skateboard.

Those board members acted on their own; they initiated those policies on their own. A pathology infected them; it caught fire in their minds. Wokeism is a fad that appeals to two key groups: blacks who are bitter failures at life, and whites who are economically secure but whose daily endeavors lack meaning (predominantly whites who were conditioned for wokeism in college and who reject the idea that raising a family is the highest human aspiration. Wokeism tells them, “This will give your life significance”).

Because of the nature of the pathology, majority-white areas are not even remotely immune.

I’ll point out that it was majority-white Hardeeville in deep-red South Carolina where a jury recently acquitted a black cold-blooded murderer in the carjacking/killing of a retired white fire chief, because the black guy’s defense was “all I wanted wuz his car. When he resisted, he skeered me, so I had to shoot him.”

The jury bought that line 100%.

Yet it was in deep-BLUE Richmond, Va., where that exact defense was rejected in a separate black-defendant murder trial (which I wrote about a few years ago).

It was in majority-white Oklahoma City (which went for Trump in 2016 and 2020) where a jury just acquitted a black man whose vicious dogs mauled to death an 82-year-old white woman, even though the black guy was aware that his dogs were deadly, and even though he laughed off the concerns of his white neighbors.

Oh, and it was Oklahoma’s “red” governor Stitt who freed a black cannibal-killer in the name of “racial justice.” Mr. “yum yum eat ’em up” proceeded to slaughter his white neighbor and devour her heart. And just a few days ago, Stitt commuted the sentence of yet another black murderer whose victim was white.

And it’s in yeehaw Texas where the Department of Health and Human Services is apparently denying life-saving medical treatment to whites.

“Region” means nothing when there’s a brain disease going around.

Not to put too fine a point on a pinhead, but in Nolte’s beloved Boone, Appalachian State University (Latin motto: Rapere Asinum Ned Beattum) is totally woke. Last year, the “Black at App State Collective” (a septic menagerie of black students and white “allies”) led a 250-person walkout while touting “a list of demands in regards to the oppression and trauma Black, Indigenous students and people of color have faced on campus.” When the white female chancellor didn’t immediately bow to the demands, the group called for her head. A separate org, the Boone Anti-Racism Contingent (“privileged whites” who “humble ourselves” and “amplify the marginalized and oppressed” in order to “take responsibility for deconstructing and dismantling systemic racism that weighs on our community”), demanded the chancellor’s removal.

Two days later, the faculty gave the chancellor a no-confidence vote.

The chancellor issued a groveling statement about how “Black Lives Matter, and we are listening” because in the name of “inclusion and equity” we must “reinvent policing” to counter the “police violence and systemic racism” that accounts for “the success of our white students.”

And now the school’s imported a slew of “diversity heads” to remake the campus.

Woke pathology is not sickle cell or Tay-Sachs. It can infect anyone. Those who think the disease is confined to one group, one city, or one region are imbeciles whose smug complacency is exactly what ensures that wherever they live will eventually not be safe.

You don’t have to like L.A. or California. But there might just be a few things you could learn from us. Like how we successfully assembled a coalition of whites and Hispanics last year to defeat an attempt to overturn our state’s ban on affirmative action.

North Carolina has no such ban, and attempts to institute one have failed dismally.

That same California white (male)/Hispanic (male) coalition defeated a statewide George Soros attempt to eliminate cash bail (“bail reform,” as Soros calls it; “revolving door arrest/release,” as reality calls it). At the same time, North Carolina is instituting Soros bail “reforms” all across the state.

“Red” shouldn’t be so smug.

My point is simply that self-indulgent “Kermit sipping tea” smarminess has never helped anyone or anything. Nolte’s tweeted a thousand times against Soros—“Ooooooh, that Nazi bastard!”—but he never once tweeted in support of L.A.’s attempt to recall Soros minion George Gascon.

Well, that’s a fine strategy! Ascertain (correctly) that a guy is a danger to the nation, and then, when a bunch of people actually try to fight him, to weaken him, to forge a template for recalling his gauleiters, you look at a map and say, “That’s not my problem.”

Sheer genius. And for the record, the entire Breitbart site, and the Nashvillian Daily Wire crew, refused to help in the Gascon recall. A bunch of Randy Weavers who’ll happily send their sons out to search fer possum meat because there’s no way no feds might be hidin’ in them bushes. Not up here…not on the mountain, where we’re safe.

Smug fatalism blinds you, and if you’re in a red area, you cannot afford blindness right now. In the Deep South especially, you’re dealing with two distinct demographic changes: the influx of blacks fleeing California, and Biden’s open-border policy that’s trucking in immigrants who won’t end up in L.A. (you know what the average East L.A. Hispanic would do if a Haitian tried to move into his neighborhood? Let’s just say it wouldn’t involve sweet tea and biscuits).

You may think that blue America’s dye is permanent.

Perhaps it is. But red America’s ain’t. Keep that in mind before you get too comfortable.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Follow up story

Antiwhite “Woo-Woo” Woos Whites

https://www.takimag.com/article/anti...o-woos-whites/

David Cole

November 30, 2021

Meet Chicago Democrat Party official (and amateur musician) Mary Lemanski. On the evening of Nov. 21, following the mass murders at the Waukesha Christmas parade, as the bodies of Darrell Brooks’ victims were still warm, and while victim No. 6, an 8-year-old child, was still barely clinging to life, Lemanski, social media director for the DuPage County Democrat Party, went on a Twitter diatribe about how the victims “reaped what they sowed” because of “collective karma” following the Rittenhouse verdict.

“The blood of Kyle Rittenhouse’s victims is on the hands of Wisconsin citizens, even the children.”

Lemanski repeatedly claimed that the “white” Waukesha victims got what they deserved (and before you go there, she’s gentile. If you think the Polish suffix “-ski” denotes “Jewish,” you’re one hell of a lousy ethnographer).

I followed the Lemanski freak show because I found her honesty refreshing. She didn’t hesitate to openly admit her hatred of her fellow whites, which, she tweeted, came from childhood experiences:

I was sexually abused at age 2, a victim of white racists against Polish people from age 1-7, lost my virginity to a rapist at age 14, had an abusive mother. I had serious issues because of white racism.

By morning, Lemanski’s antics were everywhere. Fox News (which broke the story), Daily Mail, NY Post. But it wasn’t just right-leaning organs. The AP, NBC, CBS, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Star Tribune, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Daily Beast, MSN, Yahoo News, and Newsweek all carried the story.

Lemanski was fired from her party position. She whined about her newfound infamy in one final tweet before liquidating her social media:

Nobody cared about me like my whole life. My mom used to leave me for hours at a time alone in my play pen. I’ve put out music for 20 years nobody gave a $#@!. Why do people all of a sudden care about a stupid remark? I can’t believe my 15 minutes of fame is for this $#@!.

Normally, I don’t devote space to “freak of the week” stories…but I find this incident instructive.

First off, it’s intriguing how quickly the non-rightist media “pounced” on Lemanski. She was by no means a major national figure. A party official, sure, and fair game because of it. But the left-leaning press seemed to pile on with atypical vigor.

Why?

Well, Lemanski revealed the secret handshake. She dared to explicitly mention her antiwhite bias. She didn’t cloak it in academic gibberish like “equity.” She made it clear that she’s driven by a hatred of white people.

She gave the game away. Democrats traffic in antiwhite hatred, but they can never openly admit it. So when one of them does, out they go, to preserve the illusion that the “hater” was an anomaly.

But here’s the bigger point: Lemanski perfectly represents something I discussed several weeks ago, the fact that a lot of what we take for antiwhite ideology is actually in many cases a personal beef manifesting as ideological. Like so many antiwhite activists, Lemanski is a deeply broken individual. Her obsession with past slights even extended to, in one tweet, naming the white kid who pushed her off a swing when they were children (she even doxxed his contact info and current workplace).

Lemanski represents the arm of antiwhiteness personified by the sick and the damaged. People driven not by ideology, but by personal bitterness and failure. Antiwhiteness just happened to be the balm Lemanski needed. Had she been bullied and beaten by black kids as a child, she’d be running with the Hakenkreuz Skins, with a totenkopf tattooed on her boob.

There’s nothing “intellectual” about Lemanski’s antiwhiteness; she’s weak and wounded. Give her the opportunity to be “professionally” antiwhite and she’ll take it, because for her, it’s healing.

The problem is, no major political party should be providing that opportunity. The fact that antiwhiteness is so accepted in America today, the fact that it’s promoted, the fact that being antiwhite can be a job qualification, allows broken, bitter whites (women, especially) to not just indulge in but profit from the demons rattling around inside their haunted heads.

Naturally, a great deal of antiwhite hostility comes from blacks (as should be obvious), but that doesn’t engross me as much, because there’s obvious perceived self-interest there. There’s no mystery to that motivation. In employment, academia, and just generally in life, there’s a black advantage to be had by keeping whites down, out, and cowed. I’m far more interested in the motivations of whites who not only go along with the program, but oftentimes advance it without pressure from blacks.

“The fact that antiwhiteness is so accepted in America today allows broken, bitter whites to profit from the demons rattling around inside their haunted heads.”
    Sometimes the answer is simple opportunism. There’s money in antiwhiteness. But not at ground level; opportunism doesn’t explain whites voting against their best interests or pushing CRT on white children. What does is that white adherents of wokeism are the same people susceptible to what’s known as (and man I hate this term) “woo-woo,” defined by The Spectator’s Leah McLaren as “anything slightly silly, trendy and/or new agey that exists for the primary purpose of making people (almost always privileged white women) feel better about our bodies and minds.”

And Jews, who play such an outsize role in publishing, academia, journalism, and political think-tankery, have assumed the traditionally Jewish position of psychiatrist in pitching this woo-woo to the self-absorbed white women sitting on their couch. Instead of blaming it all on mommy and daddy, the new Freudians blame it all on whitey (many of these Jews are themselves broken; as I detailed several weeks ago, George Soros continues to be obsessed with and driven by his family’s humiliation during World War II).

Anytime a society allows hatred of a particular racial or ethnic group to become not just mainstream, not just accepted, but rewarded, that hatred will become a commodity. And overarching weltanschauung racial theories (“this group is responsible for all the world’s ills”) can easily morph into pop psychology.

But what’s missing from the manure mountain of antiwhite books, essays, and lectures stinking up the discourse these days is a comprehensive study of the motivations of those who are attracted to this kind of “woo-woo.” That’s why it’s the angle that intrigues me the most. Because if one views antiwhiteness as a pathology (or, as I described in a previous piece, a disorder), it’s vital to pinpoint who’s most susceptible.

With a single-celled organism like Mary Lemanski, it’s easy to explain why she’s drawn to antiwhiteness. But those school-board hags and CRT pushers in the classrooms, and all the college-educated whites who continue to vote for this nonsense…what’s their deal?

There’s more than one explanation. In The Virgin Spring, Bergman infuses his rape/revenge morality tale with an underlying message about why Christianity took hold in the old Nordic lands: It offered something the pagan faiths didn’t—repentance and absolution. Wokeism gives that to whites who are under the delusion that they need it because of their skin color and “genocidal” racial history.

But there I go gettin’ fancy-pantsed (referencing Bergman? Really, Dave?). In truth, much of the attraction among certain whites to wokeism boils down to the fact that the feebleminded are highly suggestible. It’s like how thousands of impressionable white chicks saw Todd Haynes’ 1995 film Safe, which gave national publicity to the then-little-known psychosomatic pseudoailment “multiple chemical sensitivity” (the “allergic to the modern world” “disease” that absolutely doesn’t exist), and decided that they had the condition. Haynes wasn’t trying to promote that flimflam; he was just making a film about it. But he inadvertently inspired thousands of people to think they had the “affliction.”

By blanketing the marketplace with antiwhite content, that alone will birth believers among the impressionable. We see that happening with teens (who are by definition feebleminded) and trannyism. The 24/7 pro-tranny noise in media and advertising, combined with an outright ban on opposing views, is “creating” trannies.

With educators, though (and they’re the primary drivers of CRT), there’s likely something more specific at play. Many of these people are of an age where they remember the campus protests of the 1960s and early ’70s, either as participants or (like me) as kids watching the events on TV and being told that they were the greatest things ever. And what we’re seeing is a desire on the part of people like that to relive (or live anew) those “glory days.”

They’ve imagined themselves back in time. Or rather, they’ve imagined the past into the present. It’s a historical phantom pregnancy, like the leftists who are convinced it’s still the 1950s, with the KKK lynching blacks, racist cops murdering blacks for no reason, and “freedom riders” braving the odds to register the disenfranchised darkies to vote.

And now nostalgic, leftist educators are in a virtual reality of their own wishful thinking in which massive student revolts are compelling them to step in and save the day with CRT. Campus buildings are being occupied! Brave protesters are conducting sit-ins and staring down National Guardsmen! All because the students demand CRT!

Except of course that’s not happening. The campus protests of the ’60s and ’70s for “black studies” and “Chicano studies” departments are not being replicated for CRT. That’s all in the white educators’ minds. Blacks are protesting, but not for CRT. Their walkouts have nothing to do with curricula at all. They protest cops, they protest Halloween costumes, they protest the free speech of white professors.

But the self-absorbed woke educators—narcissists who live in obscurity and fear dying in it—need to make it all about themselves. “These struggling students of color need me. I must lead them! CRT now, CRT forever! I’m a hero!” CRT is being pushed with the immediacy of a college dean looking to quell a campus uprising, but it’s all imaginary. The actual “demands” of malcontent campus blacks have nothing to do with lesson plans; they want segregated spaces, the dissolution of grades and standards, no on-campus security, no white freedom of speech, and gibs da reparations! And they don’t want whites “leading” them at all.

So in this case, you have antiwhiteness being pushed by white educators who’ve fabricated a crisis in order to heroically solve it. Insignificant humans imaging themselves standing at the crossroads of history, when in fact they’re mere hobos trudging its back roads.

Antiwhiteness can be attractive for a variety of reasons. It can be an outlet for broken people with a hateful grudge (like Mary Lemanski, for whom antiwhiteness is personal, a manifestation of an unhappy childhood), it can be therapy, it can be redemption, it can be a fad, and it can be a vessel for narcissists seeking to recapture glory days they probably never lived in the first place.

So take this as a companion piece to last week’s column, about how this problem won’t be solved geographically by retreating to red states.

It’s a plague, and there are lots of immunocompromised people out there.

And no matter where you live, it’s guaranteed you’ll have more than a few of ’em in your backyard.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

We must expel the surviving leftists when they lose the civil war they will start and repeal the 19thA.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I read both. They are right on.

I know people gloss over these but they're worth the read. A good preview of the second article goes:

Antiwhiteness can be attractive for a variety of reasons. It can be an outlet for broken people with a hateful grudge (like Mary Lemanski, for whom antiwhiteness is personal, a manifestation of an unhappy childhood), it can be therapy, it can be redemption, it can be a fad, and it can be a vessel for narcissists seeking to recapture glory days they probably never lived in the first place.

I'd sum up the first article by saying You can run, but you'll only die tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members