Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MI - Marxist Prosecutor files manslaughter charges against school shooter's parents

Exclamation MI - Marxist Prosecutor files manslaughter charges against school shooter's parents

RELATED: MI - Mass shooting at HS leaves 3 dead, 6 shot and injured

Felt this deserved it's own thread.

Based on her progressive talking points that she ran on, I'm guessing this woman is another in the flood of Soros funded Marxists that won prosecutor's and DA's races across the country last year.

She's throwing the book at the Crumbley kid and his parents, because, finally, the Marxists had a shooting that fit their narrative.

Parents of Oxford school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley charged with involuntary manslaughter

https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/parent...to-be-charged/

By Lee Brown and Ben Kesslen
    December 3, 2021 12:00pm Updated

Ethan Crumbley’s parents were each charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter Friday in connection to the Michigan school shooting allegedly carried out by their 15-year-old son.

The charges for James and Jennifer Crumbley stem from having purchased a gun for the teen in the days ahead of the deadly shooting and failing to take action when alerted to their child’s concerning behavior.

When news of the shooting broke, Jennifer immediately texted her son, saying, “Ethan, don’t do it,” and James rushed home to check his guns, proving they had a feeling that their son might be responsible, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald said.

“I want to be really clear that these charges are meant to hold the individuals who contributed to this tragedy accountable and also send a message that gun owners have a responsibility,” McDonald said at a Friday presser. “When they fail to uphold that responsibility, there are serious and criminal consequences.”

She also laid out how the school made mistakes that helped contribute to the killing, including knowing that he was drawing pictures of a gun with the words “the thoughts won’t stop, help me” and then failing to tell law enforcement and letting him back into class.

McDonald spoke to the fury directed at the school from law enforcement and parents for letting Crumbley return to class.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-26-2024 at 01:02 PM. Reason: added RELATED link
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As Oakland County Prosecutor, Karen will:

Treat All Community Members with Respect
    Listen to & protect victims of crimes
    Establish a functioning Hate Crimes Unit to address offenses motivated by race, gender, or sexual orientation
    Protect our immigrant population and keep families together
    Implement job share and part time work options for parents in the Prosecutor’s Office
    Partner with a canine advocacy program to help children testify against abuse and sexual assault

Develop Just & Fair Prosecution Policies
    Build a transparent, accountable Prosecutor’s Office
    Organize a Conviction Integrity Unit to evaluate and consider new evidence that has come to light for past convictions
    Eliminate cash bail and hold people accountable for crimes, rather than for their ability to pay
    Put an end to coercive plea bargaining
    Form a senior attorney advisory board to help assistant prosecutors use discretion to reduce and amend charges

Promote Treatment & Diversion Programs
    Invest and participate in veterans and treatment courts that reduce crime and incarceration
    Establish mental health courts and provide necessary treatment options
    Support a bipartisan task force to improve outcomes for people reintegrating into society
    Establish diversionary programs for low-level, nonviolent offenders

Focus on Crimes that Matter to the Community
    Keep Oakland County streets safer by targeting violent crimes and criminals
    Reduce mass incarceration by addressing low-level, nonviolent offenses without jail time
    Cease prosecuting marijuana possession cases and encourage expungement of past marijuana possession charges
    Treat children like children and hold youth accountable without unnecessary incarceration
    Promote successful reintegration without overly punishing nonviolent technical parole violations

From The New York Times:

Michigan Prosecutors Defy the Supreme Court. The justices have said repeatedly that juveniles should almost never be locked up for life. In Michigan, the message isn’t getting through.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/o...eme-court.html

Oakland County Democrats are ready for a progressive Prosecutor who reflects their values.

https://mcdonaldforprosecutor.com/issues/
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I would have charged them if I was the prosecutor as well. Their negligence led to deaths.

I'm not opposed to a teenager owning a handgun either, but with proper adult supervision, which didn't happen here.

I'm not sure of the laws there. In N.C. it is a misdemeanor for allowing access to a minor. If the minor uses the firearm at a edumakasion center then parents can be held to civil law suit for damages. Also in N.C. you are given a print out explaining these laws.
    If the grandkids are coming for a weekend I gather my firearms and lock them away except for my personal carry until they are gone.

Now, there is a little bit of bull$#@! in this article. You can't buy a handgun for a 15 yr. old. You can buy one for yourself. But, not for a 15 yr. old. Period.

What the prosecutors are doing here is exactly what they have always done. Levy as many charges on an individual so as to financially break them and get them to plead.

Unless they put the gun in his backpack that morning and told him to "take care of your bull$#@!" then the charges are bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I would have charged them if I was the prosecutor as well. Their negligence led to deaths.

I'm not opposed to a teenager owning a handgun either, but with proper adult supervision, which didn't happen here.
    Negligence can be charged. But, they didn't hand the gun to him and say "go kill the $#@!ers." Involuntary manslaughter is bull$#@!. And now that the D.A has such multiple charges and the fees involved in defending the family is well and truly $#@!ed.

I read that two ways. In one scenario it sounds like the parents own the gun but then they say the parents bought the gun for the kid. Either way the only way those parents will get off the hook is if their name were Baldwin.

McDonald said Friday that the parents were called in after a teacher saw disturbing drawings on Crumbley’s desk. The drawings included a picture of a semi-automatic handgun pointed at the words “the thoughts won’t stop, help me” and “blood everywhere,” along with a picture of someone shot and bleeding. The drawing also contained the lines “my life is useless” and “the world is dead.”
    Teacher and administration should face involuntary manslaughter charges as well if charging anyne and everyone involved is they way to proceed. They had afore knowledge. And failed to prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Teacher and administration should face involuntary manslaughter charges as well if charging anyne and everyone involved is they way to proceed. They had afore knowledge. And failed to prevent.
    I agree with that. Both the school and the parents are at fault here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The fault always lies elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

According to the prosecutor's own logic, that is exactly what should happen:

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    “I want to be really clear that these charges are meant to hold the individuals who contributed to this tragedy accountable [...],” [Oakland County Prosecutor] McDonald said at a Friday presser. “When they fail to uphold that responsibility, there are serious and criminal consequences.”

She also laid out how the school made mistakes that helped contribute to the killing, including knowing that he was drawing pictures of a gun with the words “the thoughts won’t stop, help me” and then failing to tell law enforcement and letting him back into class.
    So when can we expect the school to be charged with involuntary manslaughter?

Bueller? ... Bueller? ... Bueller? ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I read that two ways. In one scenario it sounds like the parents own the gun but then they say the parents bought the gun for the kid. Either way the only way those parents will get off the hook is if their name were Baldwin.
    In the Rittenhouse case, it was made out that Kyle either "crossed state lines" with an AR-15, or his mother drove him "across state lines" with an AR-15.

Except for the utterly irrelevant "crossing state lines" bit, neither scenario was true.

The press lies when it suits them and they are not to be trusted. Nothing they say should be taken at face value.

In the Rittenhouse case, it was made out that Kyle either "crossed state lines" with an AR-15, or his mother drove him "across state lines" with an AR-15.

Except for the utterly irrelevant "crossing state lines" bit, neither scenario was true.

The press lies when it suits them and they are not to be trusted. Nothing they say should be taken at face value.
    But that is exactly the narrative they want pushed. Right back to firearms manufacturers being responsible for crimes committed by their product.

For the record I have no problem with this little turd being prosecuted as heavily as possible, based on the facts at hand.

I have a problem with unequal justice under the law, in that we know damn well, based on her platform alone, this prosecutor would not have charged anywhere near as heavily if the suspect was a colored person, or a migrant or a weirdosexual.

And she certainly would not have charged the parents.

But that is exactly the narrative they want pushed. Right back to firearms manufacturers being responsible for crimes committed by their product.
    No doubt. Especially since they just lost a notable case on that yesterday:

Nevada court sides with gunmakers in Las Vegas shooting suit
    https://apnews.com/article/business-...696b128e13d784

(Even then, note how they characterize it is as "sides with gunmakers" instead of "sides with the law".)

No doubt. Especially since they just lost a notable case on that yesterday:

Nevada court sides with gunmakers in Las Vegas shooting suit
    https://apnews.com/article/business-...696b128e13d784

(Even then, note how they characterize it is as "sides with gunmakers" instead of "sides with the law".)
    Was he Merk'd out? Riding the anti-depressant mind altering chain? Let's bring these charges too.

Was he Merk'd out? Riding the anti-depressant mind altering chain? Let's bring these charges too.
    Are you suggesting suing a sacred cow?

...and Big Pharma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Are you suggesting suing a sacred cow?

...and Big Pharma.
    That's a pretty harsh meme there. Ouch.

School shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley's parents returning after manhunt underway, lawyers say
    A statewide 'Be on the Lookout' (BOLO) alert was issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley Friday
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-...umbley-parents
    Audrey Conklin & Adam Sabes (03 December 2021)

Attorneys for the parents of Oxford High School shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley say the two are returning to the Oakland County, Michigan, area to be arraigned after authorities asked the public to be on the lookout Friday afternoon.

"The Crumbleys left town on the night of the tragic shooting for their own safety. They are returning to the area to be arraigned. They are not fleeing from law enforcement despite recent comments in media reports," attorneys Shannon Smith and Mariell Lehman told Fox News.

A statewide "Be on the Lookout" (BOLO) alert was issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley Friday, two police departments first confirmed to FOX 2 Detroit.

After Smith and Lehman told Fox News that James and Jennifer Crumbley are returning to Oakland County to be arraigned, the U.S. Marshals Service tweeted that they are working on the search for the couple in conjunction with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.

https://twitter.com/USMarshalsHQ/sta...95351139479564

After the Oakland County Sheriff's Office was notified by prosecutor Karen McDonald that she was going to issue charges against the parents on Friday, deputies moved "to arrest the parents," but their attorney told authorities that they "are now unresponsive," Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard told Fox News' "The Story" on Friday.

The BOLO alert was issued shortly after 1 p.m. CT, according to Rudy Harper, second deputy chief of media relations for the Detroit Police Department.

On Thursday, an attorney for the Crumbleys told authorities that "they were going to turn themselves in."

"The attorney said she would make that happen this morning," Bouchard said.

Smith and Lehman said they "contacted the Oakland County prosecutor to discuss this matter and to advise her that James and Jennifer Crumbley would be turning themselves in to be arraigned" on Thursday evening.

"Instead of communicating with us, the prosecutor held a press conference to announce charges," they said.

The two parents are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter after their 15-year-old son was accused of killing four students after opening fire inside Oakland High School earlier this week., according to Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald.

"Our detectives and fugitive apprehension team and the U.S. Marshal Service and the FBI — all of us are in concert looking for them," Bouchard said. "I’m confident we’ll find these two."

He added that the turn of events has not "played out" the way officers "would have liked it to."

"We would have liked to have been given a bit of advance notice that a warrant was coming and had set up on them or done something electronically," he said. "It is what it is, and we’re going to find them."

Ethan Crumbley, allegedly fired at least 30 rounds in the hallways of Oxford High School on Tuesday, killing four classmates and injuring seven others.

McDonald said the weapon recovered following the shooting – a 9mm Sig Sauer pistol -- was purchased by James Crumbley in the presence of his son at a local firearms store on Black Friday, per an employee that worked there.

[bold emphasis added - OB]
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-03-2021 at 08:16 PM.

For the record I have no problem with this little turd being prosecuted as heavily as possible, based on the facts at hand.

I have a problem with unequal justice under the law, in that we know damn well, based on her platform alone, this prosecutor would not have charged anywhere near as heavily if the suspect was a colored person, or a migrant or a weirdosexual.

And she certainly would not have charged the parents.
    Impossible, only white kids shoot up schools.

Fugitive parents of suspected Oxford High School shooter found in Detroit
    https://nypost.com/2021/12/04/ethan-...ed-in-detroit/
    Jesse O’Neill & Tamar Lapin (04 December 2021)

The parents of the Michigan teen who allegedly shot up his school earlier this week were found hiding in a Detroit warehouse early Saturday after leading authorities on a widespread manhunt, police said.

Jennifer and James Crumbley were arrested and booked into the Oakland County Jail after officers acting on a tip found them in a room inside the commercial building, Detroit Police Chief James White said.

“They appear to be hiding inside the building,” the chief told reporters.

The fugitives seemed “very distressed” when they were captured, White said, adding that one of the two had their head down and a hoodie on and appeared “just very upset.”

A tipster reported seeing the couple’s SUV in the building’s parking lot, some 50 miles from their Oxford home, and not far from the border with Canada. The person also had video of one of the fugitives entering the warehouse, White said.

It appears that someone helped the couple get into the building, and that person could now be facing charges, the top cop said.

“They didn’t break in. Somebody let them in,” White said.

Local cops and federal authorities said early Friday afternoon they were hunting for the couple, who were supposed to turn themselves in after Oakland County prosecutors charged them each with involuntary manslaughter in connection with their son Ethan Crumbley’s deadly attack.

Their attorneys maintained that the pair had left town for their safety and were not trying to elude law enforcement.

A reward of up to $10,000 was being offered for information leading to the capture of Jennifer and James each, US Marshals announced Friday night, as they released “Wanted” posters of the pair.

The charges for the couple — which experts said were very rare in such a case — stem from having purchased a gun for the teen in the days ahead of the shooting and for failing to take action when alerted to Ethan’s concerning behavior, according to prosecutors.

The 15-year-old allegedly opened fire on his Oxford High School classmates and teachers Tuesday, killing four and wounding seven. He was charged as an adult with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of terrorism causing death, and was being held without bail.

The Crumbley parents are expected to be arraigned at around 9 a.m. Saturday.

Wow. That was a Total Political/Media Ambush..

From the Blind announcement to the Media,, to the FAKE "Manhunt"..

and I think they have some responsibility, but painting with a dirty Brush is unnecessary.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Wow. That was a Total Political/Media Ambush..

From the Blind announcement to the Media,, to the FAKE "Manhunt"..

and I think they have some responsibility, but painting with a dirty Brush is unnecessary.
    ^^This^^

There are many things in life that require a certain degree of responsibility. Driving a car, owning a gun, even maintaining heat in ones house via a heating stove. I just loaded 2 stoves and emptied ash pans. Presently the ash pan doors are open allowing for airflow to the fuel to get it going. It requires responsibility because if a person forgets they left those doors open, the stove could dangerously overheat. If a family heats with alternative fuel and a teenager is in charge of tending the stove, would the parents be charged with involuntary manslaughter if they were out to dinner when the house went up in flames killing all those inside?

I, for one, feel much safer now that these dangerous criminals have been arrested. I have been hiding under the bed in fear for days.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Should Ethan Crumbley's parents be charged with MANSLAUGHTER? Viva & Barnes HIGHLIGHT
    This is a difficult legal question. Are the charges against Ethan Crumbley's parents justified, or is it political / damage control?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JVKGIYKqcQ

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the other thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ot-and-injured
    “I want to be really clear that these charges are meant to hold the individuals who contributed to this tragedy accountable [...],” [Oakland County Prosecutor] McDonald said at a Friday presser. “When they fail to uphold that responsibility, there are serious and criminal consequences.”

So when can we expect the school to be charged with involuntary manslaughter?

Bueller? ... Bueller? ... Bueller? ...
    Michigan School Shooting | Charge the School officals! | Lawyer Rant!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UhcqZ1sL1Q

HISTORIC Trial Begins Against Jennifer Crumbley, Mother of Oxford High School Shooter

Published January 25, 2024

The historic trial of Jennifer Crumbley, the first parent in America to be charged and tried in a mass school shooting, began in earnest Thursday with opening statements and testimony from witnesses that at times prompted emotional moments in the Michigan courtroom.

Crumbley and her husband, James Crumbley, who goes on trial in March, are both charged with involuntary manslaughter in their son Ethan's rampage at Oxford High on Nov. 30, 2021. Ethan Crubley pleaded guilty to killing four students and injuring seven other people, and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The case brings a spotlight to the question of who can be held responsible when a minor accesses a gun and inflicts horror in a school shooting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/72356423007/

Live Stream: https://www.courttv.com/title/court-tv-live-stream-web/
    Last edited by PAF; 01-26-2024 at 12:01 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

sins of the son...

they put her in jail for life w/o parole...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

so who gets held responsible for selling satanism &sterility to american children?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Arrest the parents of school bullys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast