Thread: DeSantis wants a state guard, liberal heads explode

DeSantis wants a state guard, liberal heads explode

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he keeps this up he's going to mysteriously die from Covid at 2am
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Stupid liberals don't realize that like 20 other states already have one and it's not a big deal.

After a year in FL, I've decided to establish residency here. Where do I sign up for the guard?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Stupid liberals don't realize that like 20 other states already have one and it's not a big deal.

After a year in FL, I've decided to establish residency here. Where do I sign up for the guard?
    It's even worse than that. As Tim points out correctly, liberals don't realize that states like NY or California are far more down the road towards gestapo than DeSantis. As they screech about "nazi!!!" from their mandatory quarantine lockdowns proudly displaying their 5-pages-worth-of-boosters vaccination cards required for obtaining basic life needs.

Only thing that gets me is a few million dollars for a few hundred people doesn't sound very cost-effective unless there is a lot more involved in reforming the guard than manpower. Is he gonna be buying planes and artillery and $#@!?

Edit: well maybe it is if he's looking to establish a permanent command structure
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 12-03-2021 at 05:52 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    It's even worse than that. As Tim points out correctly, liberals don't realize that states like NY or California are far more down the road towards gestapo than DeSantis. As they screech about "nazi!!!" from their mandatory quarantine lockdowns proudly displaying their 5-pages-worth-of-boosters vaccination cards required for obtaining basic life needs.

Only thing that gets me is a few million dollars for a few hundred people doesn't sound very cost-effective unless there is a lot more involved in reforming the guard than manpower. Is he gonna be buying planes and artillery and $#@!?

Edit: well maybe it is if he's looking to establish a permanent command structure
    A lot of it will be hurricane response stuff I would assume. Vehichles and equipment. It's not a bad idea and not uncommon. I would do it.

How about just a Citizens Guard? NOT under the State or Fed control. You, know, so that they can keep the State and Fed. in check. I know, crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't know the source for the map below, but if it's correct, then there are 21 states that already have one.

And that's counting just the "active and organized" ones.

Between "active and organized" and "inactive", only a few states don't already have one.

(The map also shows that Florida already has an "inactive" one - I don't know what that's about.)

https://twitter.com/AngelaTC/status/1466884222602387465

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/st...82903040794634

Decentralize the Military: Why We Need Independent Militias
    https://mises.org/wire/decentralize-...ndent-militias
    Ryan McMaken @ mises.org (29 July 2016)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How about just a Citizens Guard? NOT under the State or Fed control. You, know, so that they can keep the State and Fed. in check. I know, crazy talk.
    I don't think it's crazy talk but I don't know how well it would function. Aside from a few very wealthy people forming their own militias as they did in history (think George Washington funding a small squadron of sloops and schooners), most folks don't really have the resources (and even Washington couldn't do it long-term, just long enough to buy time for the colonies and Continental Congress to form their armies and militias). I think a lot of people get the idea that you go from a few good ol boys shooting pop cans on a fence post, to somehow being a viable organized force, and that's laughable. Modern day, we've got wealthy people like Musk and Gates, but we know which side they're on.

To be honest, if we truly had an organized militia as we did in the 18th and 19th centuries, there would be much moaning and wailing. "Whattaya mean I got a mandatory training session this weekend?!!!"

And yet, that's how it functioned. It was the law. And the vast majority of it was organized at the state level.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 12-03-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I don't think it's crazy talk but I don't know how well it would function. Aside from a few very wealthy people forming their own militias as they did in history (think George Washington funding a small squadron of sloops and schooners), most folks don't really have the resources (and even Washington couldn't do it long-term, just long enough to buy time for the colonies and Continental Congress to form their armies and militias). I think a lot of people get the idea that you go from a few good ol boys shooting pop cans on a fence post, to somehow being a viable organized force, and that's laughable. Modern day, we've got wealthy people like Musk and Gates, but we know which side they're on.

To be honest, if we truly had an organized militia as we did in the 18th and 19th centuries, there would be much moaning and wailing. "Whattaya mean I got a mandatory training session this weekend?!!!"

And yet, that's how it functioned. It was the law. And the vast majority of it was organized at the state level.
    You bring up great points. And I don't know how well it would function either. It's an interesting conundrum. Best way I see is AF's Community Safety Committies, then work upwards.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-05-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    If he keeps this up he's going to mysteriously die from Covid at 2am
    Desantis didn't kill himself.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Here it is a long history . Not sure why every Gov would not pursue it . In 08 they were used here to help evacuate a large county hospital that had flooded. It takes a lot of people who can operate smoothly to pull something like that off. It makes perfect sense . I also support the reasoning for local militia not under the Gov.
    Do something Danke

TN has a State Guard already. Several states do.

https://www.tn.gov/military/who-we-are/state-guard.html
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Not to be too critical but the comments I read on Angelas twitter look like they are made by people who dont know a lot . People who dont know a lot are also usually the same kind of people who cannot or will not try and take care of themselves . If I was a Gov I'd shoot for a batallion of militia for every county.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-05-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not to be too critical but the comments I read on Angelas twitter look like they are made by people who dont know a lot .
    You say there are twits on Twitter?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well , I'm never there so that was one of my samplings.LOL
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    99% of Twitter Employees' Political Donations Went to Democrats, FEC Data Shows

https://newsthud.com/99-of-twitter-e...ec-data-shows/

Fantastic idea, true to "militias" concept in the Constitution. To provide a counterbalance to the occasional unelected despot who would force deadly "medical treatments" upon the population...oh wait.

99% of Twitter Employees' Political Donations Went to Democrats, FEC Data Shows

https://newsthud.com/99-of-twitter-e...ec-data-shows/
    Run by communists so no real surprise .
    Do something Danke

The funny thing is that the Florida State Guard will consist of 200 civilian volunteers. A whole 200! Not even the number of Spartans at Thermopylae. And Progs are acting like it is the Fourth Reich.

Wait, didn't Obama propose the same thing?
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Get in the choppa.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    for states ? doubtful , feds probably . That way they'd report to him not Gov,'s
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The funny thing is that the Florida State Guard will consist of 200 civilian volunteers. A whole 200! Not even the number of Spartans at Thermopylae. And Progs are acting like it is the Fourth Reich.
    Starting point I guess , just grow it from there . Here there are four Brigades , basically ea Brigade has three or four Battalions and are responsible for coverage of 1/4 of the state .Ea Battalion being drawn from different areas of that 1/4.The Medical Co and Chaplain Corp. is located at the middle of the state . The regular Battalions are also used to train Jr ROTC. At one time it also had its own air wing but it was disbanded in the 90's. There has been continous organized militia reporting to the Gov here since 15 years prior to statehood . The current configuration dating to 1916 ( Guard Reserve ). 1903 to 1915 called Liberty Guard . 1801 to 1860 Militia , 1861 to 1902 Legion. Currently no pay ( strictly voluntary ). If deployed to an emergency there is mileage reimbursement .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-06-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, he proposed "a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded..." as the US military.

So, worse.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Starting point I guess , just grow it from there . Here there are four Brigades , basically ea Brigade has three or four Battalions and are responsible for coverage of 1/4 of the state .Ea Battalion being deawn from different areas of that 1/4.The Medical Co and Chaplain Corp. is located at the middle of the state . The regular Battalions are also used to train Jr ROTC. At one time it also had its own air wing but it was disbanded in the 90's. There has been continous organized militia reporting to the Gov here since 15 years prior to statehood . The current configuration dating to 1916 ( Guard Reserve ). 1903 to 1915 called Liberty Guard . 1801 to 1860 Militia , 1861 to 1902 Legion. Currently no pay ( strictly voluntary ). If deployed to an emergency there is mileage reimbursement .
    Now that's what I'm talking about!

These will be cadre. The ablest and most motivated who will train thousands more, especially leaders. Start small and get it right. DeSantis knows what he is doing.

Any patriot wishing to serve his country should be excited there is now someplace to go. Not the hollowed out vaxxed military obedient to doddering, unelected pretenders.
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 12-06-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Fantastic idea, true to "militias" concept in the Constitution. To provide a counterbalance to the occasional unelected despot who would force deadly "medical treatments" upon the population...oh wait.
    All those anti-gunners who say the 2A only applies to militia would foam at the mouth if militias became more popular.
    DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing2nd Amendment shirts. "Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.