Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Looting Matters says don't do business with whitey this blackXmas

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    "Our nation's ideological self-segregation is proceeding nicely." -- Michael Malice
    Not really, in most cases self segregation is illegal. This is what libertarians should really be outraged about.
    Yes, really.

We don't need "most cases" - we just need enough cases.
    I don't understand.

My point is that segregating by choice is usually illegal due to anti-discrimination laws. And that's what libertarians should be mad about. Anti-discrimination laws.
    I don't see what is so hard to understand.

The desire to segregate oneself from those with whom one fundamentally and irreconcilably disagrees is a necessary precursor to actually doing so. Malice is making note of the fact that such desires are increasing - "our nation's ideological self-segregation is proceeding nicely", in his words - and if the number of people with such desires ever reaches a "critical mass" (what I previously referred to as "enough cases"), then the (relatively few) modes in which such self-segregations are still not legally permitted will become increasingly less tenable and enforceable.

And in fact, there are myriad ways in which such ideological segregations are at present not at all illegal. You may still choose with whom you associate in your personal/private life, where you live, the sources from which you seek information and discussion (such as RPFs), etc., etc., etc. Such instances far outnumber those in which your choices are (unjustly) constrained by law (as in for whom you must bake a cake, if you are baker). And even then, such constraints as do exist are often "unidirectional", so to speak. For example, a white merchant may be legally required to sell goods to black customers, but black customers are not legally required to purchase goods from white merchants. (It is this latter case with which the thread OP is concerned.)
    There is a brief discussion of just the sort of thing I'm talking about in the following video (from 9:10 to 12:10). As noted in that discussion, "self-segregation" has been going on for several decades, but may now be approaching the "critical mass" I referred to above.

Kyle Kulinski: YouTube's King of Wishful Thinking
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TMkVxVgGwk

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Here comes their new boss.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anywhere but Somalia. We got dibs on that one.

Liberia, perhaps?

In communism, no, nobody but the head tyrant in charge gets to call it "my" farm.

But that's only half of it. If you're planning to do under communism what you were going to do when free, you had better be flexible. Because the head tyrant in charge is also making plans for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Yeah well, whitey mostly doesn't give a damn if you don't given him yo' binniz.

I fully support the Black Separatist Movement (BSM). Give them Rhode Island.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12