Thread: 930 - Snow Goose Mossberg 12 Ga Auto

930 - Snow Goose Mossberg 12 Ga Auto

Capacity of 13 2 3/4" shells looks like a great selling point to me . Anyone try one of these out or seen them for sale ?
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Capacity of 13 2 3/4" shells looks like a great selling point to me . Anyone try one of these out or seen them for sale ?
    From the specs. it looks like a nice shotgun. I don't find the $920 MSRP out of line.

https://www.mossberg.com/product/930-snow-goose-85123/

SPECIFICATIONS
    Gauge 12
    Capacity 12+1
    Chamber 3"
    Barrel Type Vent Rib
    Barrel Length 28"
    Sight/Base Front Fiber Optic
    Choke Accu-Set
    LOP Type Fixed
    LOP 13.875"
    Barrel Finish Kryptek Wraith
    Stock Finish Synthetic (Kryptek Wraith)
    Weight 8.25
    Length 52.5"
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-01-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Not sure I like the magazine tube extending past the barrel. Thinking it could get pretty dirty after a lot of rounds.

Ever look into magazine tube extensions for existing shotguns?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

My existing favorite auto loader is a Belgium Browning A 500 , 26" barrel . I quail hunt with it with a skeet choke tube .I bought it new in 1987. I wouldnt want to add a magazine tube extender to it probably even if I could find one. Balance on it is about right loaded with 5 .Most of my others are all double guns . I do have an old 20 Ga wingmaster I use as a farm gun that I could add to but I'm thinking of buying one of these if I can find one.
    Do something Danke

Was hoping maybe this was the year Danke would buy me a Franchi 12 auto. I'd even let him shoot my Browning 28 Ga if he did .
    Do something Danke

My existing favorite auto loader is a Belgium Browning A 500 , 26" barrel . I quail hunt with it with a skeet choke tube .I bought it new in 1987. I wouldnt want to add a magazine tube extender to it probably even if I could find one. Balance on it is about right loaded with 5 .Most of my others are all double guns . I do have an old 20 Ga wingmaster I use as a farm gun that I could add to but I'm thinking of buying one of these if I can find one.
    Plugs not required for quail where you hunt?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Plugs not required for quail where you hunt?
    No , here you dont need that for upland birds . As far as I knew it was just migratory birds everywhere. I have a Winchester auto I leave the plug in to hunt wood ducks because its just a pain in the ass to put it in and out in my Browning. I shot the spring across the house once and it took me awhile to find it at my big ol' farmhouse I sold with three acres when I retired.
    Do something Danke

No , here you dont need that for upland birds . As far as I knew it was just migratory birds everywhere. I have a Winchester auto I leave the plug in to hunt wood ducks because its just a pain in the ass to put it in and out in my Browning. I shot the spring across the house once and it took me awhile to find it at my big ol' farmhouse I sold with three acres when I retired.
    You would need a long plug for that snow gun...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My fondest hunting memories are snow geese hunts in the south Jersey marshes.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-19-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Wing shooting is hard to beat .
    Do something Danke

I'm thinking maybe I should consider a Stoeger M3500 , it only holds 11 but it is an auto , MSRP 900.
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-15-2022 at 07:55 PM.
    Do something Danke