Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33

Thread: Texas man who used COVID relief funds to buy Lamborghini sentenced to prison

  1. #1

    Texas man who used COVID relief funds to buy Lamborghini sentenced to prison

    Texas man who used COVID relief funds to buy Lamborghini sentenced to prison

    Kenneth Garger
    November 30, 2021

    Lee Price III was sentenced to nine years in prison for buying a Lamborghini with COVID relief funds. Houston Police Department
    A Texas man was sentenced to over nine year in prison on Monday for fraudulently obtaining COVID-19 relief funds that he used for the purchase of a Lamborghini and other expenses.
    Lee Price III, 30, who pleaded guilty in September to wire fraud and money laundering charges, received $1.6 million in PPP loan funds by falsifying his applications, the Department of Justice said, citing court documents.
    On the applications, Price used the name of a person who died before the documents were submitted, the court documents said.
    In the paperwork, he also fudged payroll expenses and the number of employees he purportedly had at three seperate businesses, according to the court docs.
    Price used some of the ill-gotten gains to buy a Lamborghini Urus, a Ford F-350 truck and a Rolex watch, the DOJ said.

    The DOJ said authorities have recovered over $700,000 in the fraudulently obtained money.
    nypost.com/2021/11/30/texas-man-lee-price-iii-who-used-covid-relief-funds-to-buy-lamborghini-sentenced-to-prison/



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    The one who lost Millions to Hackers in Wa State was promoted to Washington D C.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  4. #3
    Maybe he'll learn his lesson and not buy such a lavish car that results in people suspecting how he acquired the money to buy it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  5. #4
    Is it wrong that there's a part of me that admires this guy?

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Is it wrong that there's a part of me that admires this guy?
    It's hard to see anything admirable about obtaining money by fraud.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It's hard to see anything admirable about obtaining money by fraud.

    LOL. You oughta know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.




    Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It's hard to see anything admirable about obtaining money by fraud.
    I agree 100%. All those responsible for giving this guy all that "COVID relief" money should be charged and tried.

    Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

    Platform Our Actions

    Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

    #TakeHumanAction Donate Merchandise


    HOME Facebook Twitter YouTube

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It's hard to see anything admirable about obtaining money by fraud.
    You're not good with the whole nuance thing, are you?



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It's hard to see anything admirable about obtaining money by fraud.
    How did the government come by the funds to distribute?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    How did the government come by the funds to distribute?
    In the old days I think they just took it from others , these days I think they just print it .
    Do something Danke

  13. #11
    9 years?

    That's insane.

    Have him return the money.

    And a reasonable fine.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    How did the government come by the funds to distribute?
    I expected a response like this. First of all, there's no fraud in taxation. The law is out there for everyone to see plain as day; there's no deception. You may think it's theft, but fraud it ain't. Second, if you're suggesting that the guy is just getting his tax money back, that won't fly. It's doubtful he ever paid $1.6 million in federal taxes, and he's really getting back taxes paid by a lot of other people, not to mention corporations, estates, trusts, and every business that paid other excise taxes. But instead of giving the money to charity (since it'd be impossible to figure out how to distribute it to the other taxpayers) he spends it on himself. It's like a Robin Hood who steals tax money from the King and spends it on himself instread of giving it to the poor.

    Third, any admiration for this guy would be based on the notion that the end justifies the means, hardly a good moral precept. But hey, have at it. Just don't ever criticize anyone for welfare fraud, Medicare fraud, government contract fraud, or any other scheme to get money from the government by fraud.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I expected a response like this. First of all, there's no fraud in taxation. The law is out there for everyone to see plain as day; there's no deception. You may think it's theft, but fraud it ain't. Second, if you're suggesting that the guy is just getting his tax money back, that won't fly. It's doubtful he ever paid $1.6 million in federal taxes, and he's really getting back taxes paid by a lot of other people, not to mention corporations, estates, trusts, and every business that paid other excise taxes. But instead of giving the money to charity (since it'd be impossible to figure out how to distribute it to the other taxpayers) he spends it on himself. It's like a Robin Hood who steals tax money from the King and spends it on himself instread of giving it to the poor.

    Third, any admiration for this guy would be based on the notion that the end justifies the means, hardly a good moral precept. But hey, have at it. Just don't ever criticize anyone for welfare fraud, Medicare fraud, government contract fraud, or any other scheme to get money from the government by fraud.
    Quite a number of strawmen you knocked over there, Sonny boy.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    First of all, there's no fraud in taxation.
    It was conceived in Fraud..
    It was sold as Voluntary.

    It is Theft.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It was conceived in Fraud..
    It was sold as Voluntary.

    It is Theft.
    Correct. It is theft, but it is neither sold nor advertised as such. Thus, fraudulent.

    In similar manner, the concept of "home ownership" in the US is a fraud. It is sold & advertised as ownership, but it is nothing of the kind.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I expected a response like this.
    Then why post.

    Why are you even here.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It was conceived in Fraud..
    It was sold as Voluntary.
    Bull$#@!. It's voluntary only in the sense that it relies in the first instance on people truthfully reporting their income instead of having the government making an assessment and sending a bill. It has never been sold as if there was no legal requirement to pay taxes. To the contrary, "it cannot fairly be said that taxpayers are "volunteers" when they file their tax returns. The Government compels the filing of a return much as it compels, for example, the appearance of a "witness" before a grand jury." Garner v. U.S., 424 U.S. 648, 652 (1976).

    The only people who think it's voluntary are ignorant tax protesters* (a redundant term) who've swallowed crackpot anti-tax theories like so much Jim Jones kool aid.

    *Excluding those who refuse to pay taxes on moral grounds, unlike the folks who think that the law as written doesn't require them to do so.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Then why post.

    Why are you even here.
    I find it surprising that anyone here would admire getting money from the government by fraud. Would you admire a welfare queen whose scams get her enough money to buy a Cadillac?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I find it surprising that anyone here would admire getting money from the government by fraud. Would you admire a welfare queen whose scams get her enough money to buy a Cadillac?
    I am opposed to the entire system that would allow it.

    up to and including prohibiting the Government from Having money to spend so Frivolously.

    Government,(what little is necessary) should be run out of a Tip Jar.. and only funded as necessary and Voluntarily.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I find it surprising that anyone here would admire getting money from the government by fraud.
    The government is fraud. It is entitled to nothing, and it does not have any rights. It is impossible to commit "fraud" against an entity that has no right to even exist.

    Would you admire a welfare queen whose scams get her enough money to buy a Cadillac?
    As a matter of fact, yes.

    I would much rather the welfare queen have that money, than the government.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It's hard to see anything admirable about obtaining money by fraud.
    I agree 100%. All those responsible for giving this guy all that "COVID relief" money should be charged and tried.
    Just to be clear, my own remark had nothing at all to do with any supposed "fraud" related to taxes & taxation (though I confess I am not much inclined to argue with anyone who wants to put that particular spin on the issue).

    Regardless of what one may think of the propriety of taxes & taxation, the "COVID relief" system is fraudulent in and of itself. It's a scam, a con-game set up and operated by politicians. bureaucrats, and their assorted cronies. There would be no need for any such "relief" if those same politicians, bureaucrats, et al. had not inflicted and enforced a system of various lockdowns, mandates, etc., for the sake of enriching themselves and acquiring yet more power and control over others - and this "COVID relief" angle is just one part of the larger scam of the whole COVID regime that has been erected to the same effect and for the same purposes.

    It's a classic case of the government breaking peoples' legs, then giving them crutches and declaring, "See? If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't be able to walk! Now give us some more money so we can help you with your other leg ..."

    If that's not a confidence game, then nothing is.

    So, yeah. Regardless of whether one thinks taxes are "legitimate" or not, all those responsible for giving this guy all that "COVID relief" money should, at the very least, share cells adjacent to his - and for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-01-2021 at 01:40 PM.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So, yeah. Regardless of whether one thinks taxes are "legitimate" or not, all those responsible for giving this guy all that "COVID relief" money should, at the very least, share cells adjacent to his - and for the same reasons.
    To me, this is just the grifters getting pissed off that someone else is dipping their bill.

    Yeah, the guy is a crook. But it's funny to me that the state is offended by his crookery.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I expected a response like this.
    And I expected your usual and lame fakery. Why don't you answer the question that asks why you're here?

    Oh, I know. Because you and your ilk are paid to post here. You pretend like you are some liberty minded person. You people are the biggest fraud of all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.




    Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Regardless of what one may think of the propriety of taxes & taxation, the "COVID relief" system is fraudulent in and of itself. It's a scam, a con-game set up and operated by politicians. bureaucrats, and their assorted cronies. There would be no need for any such "relief" if those same politicians, bureaucrats, et al. had not inflicted and enforced a system of various lockdowns, mandates, etc., for the sake of enriching themselves and acquiring yet more power and control over others - and this "COVID relief" angle is just one part of the larger scam of the whole COVID regime that has been erected to the same effect and for the same purposes.
    White House Chief of Con-man on Staff (h/t Eric July):

    https://twitter.com/WHCOS/status/1466071640433954820
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2021 at 02:36 PM.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    It takes a high level official or Politician to be able to misallocate or steal large sums of money with impunity.

  30. #26
    If someone steals huge sums of money, why does media hammer what they spent it on? WTF difference does that make? In Connecticut somebody stole COVID funds and "gambled" them. Would it make a difference if a person stole funds and gave all the money to charity or used it to pay for their loved one that has COVID and the hospital refuses to administer Ivermectin and...? The crime is in stealing the money saying what he did with the money is a ploy to have people hate the person.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Regardless of what one may think of the propriety of taxes & taxation, the "COVID relief" system is fraudulent in and of itself. It's a scam, a con-game set up and operated by politicians. bureaucrats, and their assorted cronies. There would be no need for any such "relief" if those same politicians, bureaucrats, et al. had not inflicted and enforced a system of various lockdowns, mandates, etc., for the sake of enriching themselves and acquiring yet more power and control over others - and this "COVID relief" angle is just one part of the larger scam of the whole COVID regime that has been erected to the same effect and for the same purposes.
    https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...19063463288842

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    To me, this is just the grifters getting pissed off that someone else is dipping their bill.

    Yeah, the guy is a crook. But it's funny to me that the state is offended by his crookery.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

    "All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.
    //

  34. #30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2021, 11:03 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-25-2020, 07:50 PM
  3. Michael Cohen sentenced to three years in prison.
    By uncharted in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 04-17-2020, 11:23 PM
  4. TX Man Sentenced to Life in Prison for 9th DWI
    By VoluntaryAmerican in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 648
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM
  5. Former SPD officer sentenced to four years in prison
    By mrsat_98 in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •