Thread: Greece - fines the Unvaxxed

Greece - fines the Unvaxxed

https://www.bloombergquint.com/polit...people-over-60

(Bloomberg) -- Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis announced mandatory Covid-19 vaccination for all Greeks above 60 years of age before a cabinet meeting in Athens on Tuesday, in an effort to tackle the new omicron variation threat ahead of the festive season. Those who refuse to get vaccinated will have to pay a monthly fine of 100 euros ($114) for each month they don’t get jabbed, starting on Jan. 16, according to Mitsotakis. The funds collected by the fines will be given to Greek hospitals fighting the pandemic. “It is not a punishment,” Mitsotakis said. “I would say it is a health fee.” In Greece, only 60,000 among the 580,000 unvaccinated people over 60 years old received the vaccine in November.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There needs to be a leader somewhere that fines people who got vaccinated.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If you won't let us euthanize you when you retire, at least let us steal your government pension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If you won't let us euthanize you when you retire, at least let us steal your government pension.
    And if you will let us euthanize you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Big pharma rules the world.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yeah it probably sounds good on paper for them. How in the world are they going to track all these people and collect fines monthly? I would bet that if you just kept your mouth shut about the vax nobody would bother you for not getting the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Big pharma rules the world.
    Yep.

If this were really about health, they'd do it for diet and exercise, which matter more for a person's health than the vaccine does even taking the optimistic view of it that these governments have.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

My government uses the equivalent of the general welfare clause in order to justify all the measures. In our constitution it says the government has to promote the general health of the people. They then claim this is in conflict with other 'rights' people have in the constitution and say that at this special time this right trumps the other right... I do not understand how people can look at things this way but that's hard to change, welcome to Europe. I think the US is one of the only places where the constitution to some degree is read to the letter and taken seriously, most other places it's the equivalent of toilet paper.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.