Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollett - trial

https://deadline.com/2021/11/jussie-...re-1234881829/

Facing half a dozen disorderly conduct counts, Smollett could be heading behind bars for up to three years if found guilty. Yet, even in a case that has seen pretzel-like twists, dismissal of the original charges, a slap on the wrist, outrage, personal checks, the end of the Danny Strong and Lee Daniels created Fox drama, and a special prosecutors over the past 34 months, Smollett will probably not serve any prison time.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I hired two white guys to beat me up and then I called the cops and said I was beaten up by black men identifying as BLM, I would be prosecuted as a hate crime.

Remember the rehearsal?

If the stampman tells you to kiss his ass, shall he get away with it and live? Don't let your courage cool, or a few bullies scare you. We've nothing to fear but slavery. Love your liberty, and fight for it like men who know its value. Once lost it will never, never be regained.
    -Hugh Ledlie, 1774.

Jussie Smollett Tells Court He Had Cocaine-Fueled Gay Bathhouse Escapades with Alleged Attacker

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...eged-attacker/

6 Dec 2021

CHICAGO (AP) — Jussie Smollett took the witness stand Monday at his trial on charges of staging a racist, anti-gay attack on himself and lying to Chicago police about it.

On the witness stand Monday, Smollett told the jury how he grew up in a close-knit family of six children and started performing as a child actor before getting more into music. He said he “came to terms with my sexuality” in his early 20s, when he got involved in charity organizations, including a group that fights AIDS in the Black community.

He said he auditioned for a role on “Empire” of a singer who is gay because he had never seen a Black man portrayed that way. By season five, Smollett said he was being paid $100,000 per episode.

Smollett said he met Abimbola Osundairo in 2017 at a club, where he learned Osundairo also worked on the set of “Empire.” He said the two men did drugs together and went to a bathhouse, where Smollett said they “made out.” Over time, he said the two men did more drugs together and participated in sex acts together. Osundairo testified last week that he and Smollett didn’t have a sexual relationship.

Jussie Smollett testified that he met Abimbola’s brother, Olabingo, but that they didn’t speak and “he kind of freaked me out.” He said Abimbola Osundairo made it seem like the men needed to “sneak off” when they were together around his brother. Smollett said he never trusted Olabingo Osundairo.

Prosecutors say Smollett staged the attack because he was unhappy with the “Empire” studio’s response to hate mail he received. The letter including a drawing of a stick figure hanging by a noose, with a gun pointed at it, and the word “MAGA” — an apparent reference to then-President Donald Trump’s slogan, “Make America Great Again.” The Osundairo brothers testified that Smollett told them to yell “this is MAGA country” during the fake assault.

Brett Mahoney, who produced “Empire” in Chicago, testified earlier Monday that Smollett called him after the hate mail was sent to the set.

“We were obviously all very upset about the letter,” Mahoney said, adding that law enforcement was contacted and the letter turned over to authorities. He said Smollett agreed to added on-set security, but didn’t want anyone following him home because he felt it was too intrusive.

Also Monday, security guard Anthony Moore said that around the time of the alleged assault, he saw a person on the ground at the end of the block and two men running, one of whom was white. Moore said he told police what he saw, but when he was later questioned by the special prosecutor he felt pressured to change his story. Moore testified that he signed a statement that said the person was “possibly” a Black man, but that he felt “pressure and threatened to put something out there that I didn’t see.”

Under cross-examination, Moore said he only saw the man for one to two seconds. He also said he thought the men were fooling around, and that the two men were laughing as they ran by him.

Smollett, 39, is charged with six counts of felony disorderly conduct for making what prosecutors say was a false police report about the alleged attack — one count for each time he gave a report — to three different officers. The class 4 felony carries a prison sentence of up to three years, but experts have said if Smollett is convicted he likely would be placed on probation and ordered to perform community service.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov

He said he “came to terms with my sexuality” in his early 20s, when he got involved in charity organizations, including a group that fights AIDS in the Black community.
    Sure fire, guaranteed way to avoid HIV/AIDS while black:

Do not have cocaine fueled, hommosexual bathhouse escapades with Nigerians.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov

FFS this country has lost its f-in mind!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

This case is a perfect example for why we should bring back caning. Even if he's convicted, it won't mean anything. Time to go Singaporean, literally on his ass.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

I agree with the consensus here but what the hell is it with the right wing media and pundits spending allot of time on this one single guy that does not really matter?

There are countless news stories, our rights being eroded away, anti-liberty legislation being passed, more taxes, things that directly impact our lives besides a trial about evidence of victims horrifically abused by the elites. But the story they focus on is this one guy that does not really matter, in no position of power and has no impact on our lives.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I agree with the consensus here but what the hell is it with the right wing media and pundits spending allot of time on this one single guy that does not really matter?

There are countless news stories, our rights being eroded away, anti-liberty legislation being passed, more taxes, things that directly impact our lives besides a trial about evidence of victims horrifically abused by the elites. But the story they focus on is this one guy that does not really matter, in no position of power and has no impact on our lives.
    Culture wars drive clicks. That’s why EVERYTHING becomes part of that war.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Culture wars drive clicks. That’s why EVERYTHING becomes part of that war.
    Marxism and Marxist revolution drives the culture war.

The Olds must be washed away, utterly.

Most people are unaware of the severity of the situation, so the clicks follow, as people watch the train wreck and chuckle about how "stupid" the left is, while failing to realize that they are not and are actually very successfully pulling off a political operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And the prosecutor apologized for reading Smollett's own words.

This is what happens when you weaponize words.

Jussie Smollett Scolds Prosecutor for Quoting His N-Word Texts

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-n-word-texts/

WARNER TODD HUSTON 7 Dec 2021

During his trial in Chicago, former Empire star Jussie Smollett scolded the prosecutor for quoting the N-word from the texts Smollett sent that were introduced as evidence.

Smollett, who is being accused of faking a hate crime in 2019, lashed out at special prosecutor Daniel Webb during questioning saying that he did not want to answer strict “yes” or “no” questions on the stand.

Webb introduced as evidence a series of texts that Smollett had reportedly written to the Osundairo brothers, Smollett’s friends who prosecutors say colluded with Smollett to perpetrate the hoax. The texts contained multiple uses of the N-word, which Webb red out in court.

Smollett scolded Webb saying that he should stop read the N-word “every African American person in the room.”

In this courtroom sketch, actor Jussie Smollett takes the stand in his own defense Monday, Dec. 6, 2021, at the Leighton Criminal Courthouse on day five of his trial in Chicago. (AP Photo/Cheryl Cook)

Webb apologized, after which Smollet replied smugly, “Apology accepted but it’s been used a lot.”

Smollett also admitted during the questioning that he changed his description of his attackers from “white” to “pale” because he didn’t want to “make the assumption that they were white.”

In previous testimony, Smollett stood defiant and insisted that he did not perpetrate any hoax, though he also admitted that he had done drugs and went to a bathhouse with the brothers accused of perpetrating the fake hate crime.

It was also revealed this week that CNN anchor Don Lemon had sent texts to the actor telling him that the Chicago Police had doubts about his version of that night’s events.

Before his testimony, Smollett’s attorney had asked the judge for a mistrial claiming that the defense could not properly cross-examine the Osundairo brothers, but the motion was denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And the prosecutor apologized for reading Smollett's own words.
    :clown:

(RPFs really needs a clown emoji to go with the earth one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    :clown:

(RPFs really needs a clown emoji to go with the earth one.)
    Hey, you da man now. Don't act like you are part of the resistance. Get us a clown

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Hey, you da man now. Don't act like you are part of the resistance. Get us a clown
    Nah, I'm just a minion/henchman. And a junior one, at that. Bryan is the Big Boss.

So how about it, @Bryan? Any chance we can get a clown emoji?

Something like this would do nicely:

Since when does a person in the witness stand get to say what or how either the prosecutor or defense lawyer word anything?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Knowing Smollett's sexuality, he'd probably love being in prison for a few years.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Knowing Smollett's sexuality, he'd probably love being in prison for a few years.
    I would skip the jail sentence and sentence him to a sincere apology given to Trump and his supporters at a large Trump rally on live TV. CNN and MSNBC must air the apology live.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Of course they do. Just more of the "din't do nuffin' and if you think we did you're a raciss!"" mentality.

Black Lives Matter stands in solidarity with Jussie Smollett: 'We can never believe police'

"As abolitionists, we approach situations of injustice with love and align ourselves with our community. Because we got us," Abdullah said in a statement on the website for the BLM movement’s national arm, the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation.

"So let’s be clear: we love everybody in our community. It’s not about a trial or a verdict decided in a white supremacist charade, it’s about how we treat our community when corrupt systems are working to devalue their lives," said Abdullah, who is currently director of BLM Grassroots, a "Defund the Police" group.

"In an abolitionist society, this trial would not be taking place, and our communities would not have to fight and suffer to prove our worth," she continued. "Instead, we find ourselves once again being forced to put our lives and our value in the hands of judges and juries operating in a system that is designed to oppress us, while continuing to face a corrupt and violent police department who has proven time and again to have no respect for our lives."
    https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/bl...believe-police

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Of course they do. Just more of the "din't do nuffin' and if you think we did you're a raciss!"" mentality.

Black Lives Matter stands in solidarity with Jussie Smollett: 'We can never believe police'

"As abolitionists, we approach situations of injustice with love and align ourselves with our community. Because we got us," Abdullah said in a statement on the website for the BLM movement’s national arm, the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation.

"So let’s be clear: we love everybody in our community. It’s not about a trial or a verdict decided in a white supremacist charade, it’s about how we treat our community when corrupt systems are working to devalue their lives," said Abdullah, who is currently director of BLM Grassroots, a "Defund the Police" group.

"In an abolitionist society, this trial would not be taking place, and our communities would not have to fight and suffer to prove our worth," she continued. "Instead, we find ourselves once again being forced to put our lives and our value in the hands of judges and juries operating in a system that is designed to oppress us, while continuing to face a corrupt and violent police department who has proven time and again to have no respect for our lives."
    https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/bl...believe-police
    This is an excellent argument for secession. If this mentality gains relevant traction, then remove yourselves from the system. If you do not trust the judicial system - and they would be RIGHT to not - then extract yourselves.

May we all.

Guilty.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1469087396167831567

https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1469096142591995910
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-09-2021 at 06:18 PM.

I'll be goddamned...I thought for sure he'd skate.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully he'll actually get some jail time instead of probation. Heard the maximum he could face is 20 years.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Hopefully he'll actually get some jail time instead of probation. Heard the maximum he could face is 20 years.
    How about community service by giving speeches about what he did wrong by touring the Klan circuit?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    If I hired two white guys to beat me up and then I called the cops and said I was beaten up by black men identifying as BLM, I would be prosecuted as a hate crime.
    You would have been in jail the entire time, with no bail, under inhumane and unconstitutional conditions, somewhere between the Assange/Manning treatment and what they have done to the 1/6 trespassers.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Because they can show all of the left media making complete asses of themselves when it first happened?

As far as the significance, it was huge. It was in the middle of massive leftist riots, with Trump supporters being labeled as racists. It was his contribution to the battle against Trump and agitating divisiveness in America, whether encouraged by his friends like Kamala and the Lemon or not.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast