Thread: Israel begins giving COVID shots to children age 5 to 11

Israel begins giving COVID shots to children age 5 to 11

Alternate title: Parents sacrifice their children to appease their god, the state

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/m...e-5-to-11.html

Israel begins giving COVID shots to children age 5 to 11

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) — Israel on Tuesday began administering the coronavirus vaccine to children age 5 to 11.

The country recently emerged from a fourth COVID wave and daily infections have been relatively low for the last few weeks. But Health Ministry statistics show that a large share of the new infections have been in children and teenagers.

Children age 5 to 11 make up nearly half of active cases. Officials hope the new inoculation campaign will help bring down the numbers and perhaps stave off a new wave.

Israeli media reported low demand for the shots on the first day they were available to this age group. Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett accompanied his son David, 9, on Tuesday to get his jab in a bid to encourage parents to have their children vaccinated.

Bennett held his son’s hand as he received the shot. David Bennett said he was a little scared but the shot didn’t hurt. The prime minister urged all eligible children to get vaccinated: “It protects our children and also parents,” he said.

Israel, which has a population of more than 9 million, has had more than 1.3 million infections since the start of the pandemic and more than 8,100 deaths.

Last edited by cjm; 11-28-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: forgot link
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bunch of $#@!ing scumbags. Kids don't get covid let alone die from it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Mass insanity. Complete disregard for risk-benefit analysis.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.