Thread: Stephen Colbert: If Kyle Rittenhouse Didn’t Break the Law, ‘We Should Change the Law’

Exclamation Stephen Colbert: If Kyle Rittenhouse Didn’t Break the Law, ‘We Should Change the Law’

Stephen Colbert: If Kyle Rittenhouse Didn’t Break the Law, ‘We Should Change the Law’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...hange-the-law/

WARNER TODD HUSTON 23 Nov 2021

CBS’s Left-wing Late Show host Stephen Colbert railed against America’s current laws saying that if Kyle Rittenhouse really didn’t break the law, “we should change the law.”

Last Friday, Rittenhouse was declared innocent of the five felony counts lodged against him for his part in the wounding of one and the deaths of two BLM protesters who physically attacked him during a riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in August of 2020.

The verdict sent Colbert reeling. “The big news on Friday was that after being accused of crossing state lines, killing two people and wounding another last year during a Black Lives Matter protest, Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted on all counts,” Colbert began the segment saying.

“Cards on the table, I am not a legal expert so I can’t tell you whether or not Kyle Rittenhouse broke the law. But I can tell you this, if he didn’t break the law, we should change the law. That seems simple.”

Watch below:

It was not clear exactly which “law” that Colbert wanted changed, though. Is the TV host furious that people can freely cross state lines — something that is currently a constitutional right?

Perhaps Colbert is upset that then 17-year-old Rittenhouse was able to defend himself with a firearm after 27-year-old Anthony Huber began beating the teen with a skateboard? Perhaps Colbert is vexed that Rittenhouse was able to stop five-time convicted child rapist, and frequently violent mental patient Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, from beating him up that night.

Colbert went on to rail against the teen, saying, “So, Rittenhouse was found not guilty, but only a complete moron would celebrate this clear tragedy by making this guy a hero.”

The CBS host also did not mention that all three of the men the teen defended himself against were in Kenosha during a riot that cost the city $50 million in damages from so-called “protesters” torching stores and destroying property. Nor did Colbert mention that the third man, Gaige Grosskreutz, 26, the one Rittenhouse only wounded, admitted on the stand he had pointed his own gun at the teen before Rittenhouse raised his rifle and fired.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I posted this, not so much to comment on Colbert's bilge, but on these two comments at the top:

yup to Rhonda Tillis • 12 hours ago • edited
    See.
    This is how leftists think, and it’s why they WIN.
    It’s because they’re PROACTIVE, when they want something, they actively campaign to make it happen and get put into law.

Meanwhile the Right can barely motivate themselves to vote at the local level or get involved in protests or assemblies.
    This has to change, the Right must become Proactive.
    cageysea to yup • 12 hours ago
    Get involved in protests or assemblies!?

Yeah, look, somebody has to keep the lights on. Conservatives are putting in a full 40-60 hour work week, after which they’re raising decent children, paying bills, mortgages, etc.

“Protests and assemblies” are the fuel of “Community Organizers” and other Marxist-Leninist apparatchiks.

What the Right needs is effing law enforcement to regularly winnow the herd of feral inner-city grifters and their pointy-headed ‘Beta’ enablers.

Yeah, look, somebody has to keep the lights on. Conservatives are putting in a full 40-60 hour work week, after which they’re raising decent children, paying bills, mortgages, etc.
    Why?

Why are "we" killing ourselves in the daily grind to keep the engines of civilization going for people who despise us?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I posted this, not so much to comment on Colbert's bilge, but on these two comments at the top:

Why?

Why are "we" killing ourselves in the daily grind to keep the engines of civilization going for people who despise us?
    Lack of leadership. Lack of direction.

The only way we are gonna mobilize, is if the right leader comes forward with the right plan.

I think the right plan is secession. (And/or hanging every constitutional oath breaker by the neck but do we have enough rope for that)

What isn't clear, is who is the right leader. He seems yet to emerge.

60 hour work weeks here...
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What the Right needs is effing law enforcement to regularly winnow the herd of feral inner-city grifters and their pointy-headed ‘Beta’ enablers.

They're NEVER going to get it...

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post

Nope, probably not.

The verdict sent Colbert reeling. “The big news on Friday was that after being accused of crossing state lines, killing two people and wounding another last year during a Black Lives Matter protest, Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted on all counts,” Colbert began the segment saying.
    Notice the continual use of “Black Lives Matter protest”. They want to imply that it was all or mostly black people out there. And it was not a protest at that point. It was rioting, arson and looting, mostly by white habitual criminals.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I see your point from a libertarian perspective. More government and more laws is not the solution.

At the same time, how do you defend your property (rights)? The police will no longer do it. The DAs will no longer prosecute. Individuals are told they have no right to defend property, either their personal property, or that of their neighbors, family and friends. The left doesn't even want you to have a right to defend your life.

Existing laws are not enforced. Rights guaranteed by law are being eliminated by hook or crook. Natural rights are considered a joke.

What is the solution in this real world situation?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I see your point from a libertarian perspective. More government and more laws is not the solution.

At the same time, how do you defend your property (rights)? The police will no longer do it.
    The DAs will no longer prosecute. Individuals are told they have no right to defend property, either their personal property, or that of their neighbors, family and friends. The left doesn't even want you to have a right to defend your life.

Existing laws are not enforced. Rights guaranteed by law are being eliminated by hook or crook. Natural rights are considered a joke.
    Precisely. Yet the conservative who posted that comment wants to rely on the police to "winnow the herd of grifters", etc?!

What could possibly make him believe that is going to happen, particularly in light of how the police have broadly chosen to behave over the course of the preceding 18 months?

What is the solution in this real world situation?
    Ultimately, secession. Full stop.

in the meantime, the solution is to ignore their mandates, to ignore their unlawful rulings and when they come for you for doing so, RESIST.

Make no mistake - this means that people will die. But as we all know, death cannot be avoided when it comes to fighting for that which is just and right, when the enemy hates justice and righteousness.

There are worse things than death.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ultimately, secession. Full stop.
    Hard to do in the heart of communist occupied territory. Why should I leave? And follow the hoards of leftists who already fled and are re-creating this dystopia everywhere else?

While secession is popular in some small circles, bring it up in real life and people either laugh or recoil in horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hard to do in the heart of communist occupied territory. Why should I leave? And follow the hoards of leftists who already fled and are re-creating this dystopia everywhere else?

While secession is popular in some small circles, bring it up in real life and people either laugh or recoil in horror.
    Fewer and fewer are lauging/recoiling today than they were a few years ago.

You got a better solution? I'm all ears...

Fewer and fewer are lauging/recoiling today than they were a few years ago.
    During the height of "Just Say No" War on Drugs hysteria, they were laughing/recoiling at things like NORML, too.

Now, not so much. Things change. Slowly, maybe, but they do change.

Secessionism isn't anywhere near being mainstream, but it does have much more social visibility/currency now than it once did.

It is becoming "NORML-ized", so to speak. Venues which once would not have deigned to consider the matter at all are now taking the idea seriously, even if only to harshly condemn and reject it. It can no longer be reflexively dismissed as mere irrelevant crack-pottery, and they know it.

But the time is not yet ripe. Until it is, all we can really do is promote and encourage secessionism/localism, vocal criticism, active non-compliance, open defiance, etc. The feds certainly aren't going to do it - neither through their courts nor any savior-politicians (such as Trump/DeSantis/etc. - or even any Ron Paul/Thomas Massie types, God bless 'em).

There is no guarantee any of this will work, of course - and even if it does, it won't happen overnight, nor without the possibility of danger or disaster.

"It is possible that we will lose. It is impossible that we must lose." -- Michael Malice
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The Left when they lose:

Background
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

The guy with armed security wants to disarm the rest of us to leave us defenseless. This take on Voltaire we hear from the right about no matter how much we disagree with him we defend his right to say it. Well, we defend his right to say it but that does not mean this gun grabber should still have a show on CBS. Maybe it is time to take a page from the left and go after his advertisers to shut down that elitist piece of human garbage once and for all.

Make this case to the advertisers and management.

CBS Studios President - David Stapf.
    CBS Entertainment President - Kelly Kahl.
    Viacom/CBS President and CEO - Bob Bakish.
    Viacom/CBS Chairwoman - Shari Redstone.

As far as management he probably got his orders from them to push gun control, so not sure what good it would do. But maybe it will tell them to back the $#@! off and hands off the gun control propaganda or we are going to be a problem for you.

I suppose I will have to force myself to watch it to come up with a list of advertisers.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-24-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Like I give a $#@! about what some late night "comedian" thinks.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    [A]ll we can really do is promote and encourage secessionism/localism, vocal criticism, active non-compliance, open defiance, etc.
    https://twitter.com/RealSpikeCohen/s...29173327597576

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Like I give a $#@! about what some late night "comedian" thinks.
    We should give a little because him and everyone else are pushing propaganda that seeps into the minds of average folks that will vote accordingly. We should not only call out these people but rather those that are putting him and others on the air to push the propaganda.

Having these propagandists removed somewhat shoots holes in the propaganda with the average voters but the elites will have countless propagandists to replace them. This is why it is important to politically go after the puppet masters and the advertisers as well.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Stephen Colbert wants self-defense laws changed

So, Stephen Colbert wants to change an age old fundamental common law right to self-defense?

I think Stephen Spencer would emphatically disagree with nitwit Colbert. See: Black Man Acquitted of Killing White Man After Incident of “Ugly Racism”

Why would Colbert want to deny Stephen Spencer the right to self-defense and protect white racists?

JWK

It is absolutely shameful that those in our mainstream media and Hollywood crowd, having achieved fame, fortune and great success under a free market, free enterprise system, now work to destroy that system and impose a notoriously evil, Cuban style government, on America’s future generation.