Thread: NYC moves to let 800K non-citizens to vote locally

NYC moves to let 800K non-citizens to vote locally

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-move...130554930.html

NEW YORK — New York City lawmakers are poised to allow more than 800,000 New Yorkers who are green card holders or have the legal right to work in the United States to vote in municipal elections and for local ballot initiatives.

The bill, known as “Our City, Our Vote,” would make New York City the largest municipality in the country to allow noncitizens to vote in local elections.

The legislation, expected to be approved by the City Council on Dec. 9 by a veto-proof margin, comes as the country is dealing with a swath of new laws to impose voter restrictions, as well as the economic and demographic effects of a decline in immigration.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meh. Not enough. Still too restrictive.

What needs to be done is for ballots to be mailed to them if they happen to go back home to Timbuktu or wherever.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I thought about mailing my ballot to some country and see what happens.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

The big cities in California will also be implementing this if they haven't already.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It's past time for the cities to start doing their own things while letting the rest of the counties/cities/towns/rural areas do theirs.
    I'm all for city-states. In this example, NYC can be its own governing entity that answers to itself and has its own borders. Let them rot within without getting anything else from the rest of the state.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    It's past time for the cities to start doing their own things while letting the rest of the counties/cities/towns/rural areas do theirs.
    I'm all for city-states. In this example, NYC can be its own governing entity that answers to itself and has its own borders. Let them rot within without getting anything else from the rest of the state.
    Secession needs to happen beyond the state level.

Counties and municipalities.

From the libertarian perspective, down to the individual level.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

They're just going to vote in more policies which are already causing people to flee.

Why is any politician in favor of that?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

New York has always been anti-American, even during the Revolutionary War, New York was the city with the most British loyalists (traitors).
    FJB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.