Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden Addresses High Gas Prices: Americans Can Save Money if They Buy Electric Cars

Exclamation Joe Biden Addresses High Gas Prices: Americans Can Save Money if They Buy Electric Cars

Joe Biden Addresses High Gas Prices: Americans Can Save Money if They Buy Electric Cars

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...electric-cars/

CHARLIE SPIERING 23 Nov 2021

President Joe Biden promoted his efforts to lower gas prices on Tuesday, but he reminded Americans they would save more money on gas if they owned electric cars.

“For the hundreds of thousands of folks who bought one of those electric cars, they’re going to save $800 to $1000 in fuel costs this year,” Biden said, referring to the $112,595 electric Hummer pickup he test drove at a General Motors factory in Detroit earlier this month.

The president appeared frustrated that some Americans continue blaming his environmental agenda for higher gas prices, dismissing it as a “myth.”

“My effort to combat climate change is not raising the price of gas, what it’s doing is increasing the availability of jobs,” Biden insisted.

He claimed his government subsidies for green energy and electric cars would only help Americans get jobs and save more money.

“Let’s do that. Let’s beat climate change. With more extensive innovation and opportunities,” Biden said, claiming the economy would be “less vulnerable to these kinds of price hikes” on fossil fuels.

The president notably suspended all federal leases on oil and gas and shut down the Keystone XL pipeline after taking office, which hurt the amount of domestic oil production.

Domestic oil production peaked in December 2019 when former president Donald Trump was in office and has yet to recover from the coronavirus pandemic.

Biden still has no plan to increase the domestic production of oil, but he frequently complains that OPEC+ nations are not releasing enough oil to the world.

The president has also resisted leveling an export ban of oil from the United States or loosening blending regulations and standards to alleviate the cost of production.

Biden announced plans to release 50 million gallons of oil from the Strategic Oil Reserves to help lower prices but cautioned Americans it would take a while to have an effect on gas prices.

“While our combined actions will not solve the problem of high gas prices overnight, it will make a difference,” he said. It will take time, but before long, you should see the price of gas drop where you fill up your tank.”

Biden’s efforts did not immediately have the desired effect on the oil market as prices rose over three percent per barrel on Tuesday morning after his announcement.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd save more on my electric bill if I didn't use electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'd save more on my electric bill if I didn't use electricity.
    I'd save more on my grocery bill If I didn't eat anything.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Typical of the Brandon administration.

"i will eat yor leftist azz"-some fat guy
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Republicans have no answer, either, just false, destructive recommendations like building unnecessary pipelines and increasing output.

We don't need more gas. We need to stop sending it to China, and stop Wall Street Thieves from bidding it up for profit sakes.

It's just a money game. Ultimately, price controls and standards have to be enforced in the essential commodity sectors.

No more Wall Street games crushing the common man.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

These are not stupid or incompetent boobs who are haplessly floundering around and making things worse because they are so clueless.

They know exactly what they are doing. And they are laughing at us about it. Literally and openly laughing at us:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/stat...10771186634757

Just wait until gas gets so expensive that he'll tell us that he's forcing us to use electric cars.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Or not. $#@! you Joe.

https://www.pressherald.com/2021/11/...tes-next-year/

A majority of Mainers could see the rate they pay for their home’s electricity supply jump between 60 and 80 percent next year, based on assumptions provided to the Legislature by the state Public Utilities Commission, as well as wholesale prices observed by energy experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Republicans have no answer, either, just false, destructive recommendations like building unnecessary pipelines and increasing output.
    For years production increases eventually got us to the point where the nation was energy independent, once again proving the Malthusians wrong

It's just a money game. Ultimately, price controls and standards have to be enforced in the essential commodity sectors.
    Of course it is...what is not a money game?

Marxist price controls were in place until the early 80s.

Resulting in significant gasoline shortages during the Carter administration due to the fact that the market price had passed the government "allowed" selling point.

No gas at any price, for anybody...except politicians and cops.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

So I could save money on gas if I ditch my paid for 36 mpg car and spend 40-60K on an electric vehicle? Brilliant, where do I sign up?
    Last edited by fedupinmo; 11-23-2021 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

You still have to pay for the electricity for the electric car that isn't cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I'd save more on my grocery bill If I didn't eat anything.
    I'd save on toilet paper if I didn't wipe.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I save 100% on doctors and pharmaceuticals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Marxist price controls were in place until the early 80s.
    Sometimes, not just price controls, but trade restrictions and public oversight are not "Marxist" at all, they are just the right thing to do.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Is this the real life? Or is just fantasy?

Climate change, people, climate change!
    We all know those lithium mining pits and the un-recyclable batteries and the charging done from fossil fuels in some areas is all sooooooooo much better for the environment.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Is this the real life? Or is just fantasy?

Climate change, people, climate change!
    We all know those lithium mining pits and the un-recyclable batteries and the charging done from fossil fuels in some areas is all sooooooooo much better for the environment.

Let Them Eat Volts!

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2021...hem-eat-volts/

By eric - November 29, 2021

Once upon a time – it wasn’t all that long ago – the Democrat Party was at least nominally a populist party, ostensibly opposed to politics of the elites, which the GOP was said to represent. Is there a better measure of how these roles have reversed than the pushing of electric cars by Democratic elitists such as the Biden Thing’s secretary of transportation, Pete Buttigieg?

He glibly advises average Americans who are having a time paying $3.40 for a gallon of gas that cost them $2.20 just before he and the Biden Thing took over the apparatus of government from a Republican to deal with it by getting rid of their gas-burning car in favor of an electric car.

“They will never have to worry about gas prices again,” he says.

The problem there, of course, is that electric cars cost even more than it costs to fuel a not-electric car at $3.40 per gallon.

Or even $5.

The least pricey of them – none being affordable – sticker for around $35,000 to start and that’s for the version with the weak battery that can travel maybe 150 miles before its battery is out of charge and will require waiting at least half an hour or longer to recover any significant charge. If you need a car that can travel more than that before it travels no more, the price rises to $40k or more – and this doesn’t include the wiring upgrades needed at home in order to be able to charge up in less than overnight.

Nor does it factor in the future cost of replacing the battery when it inevitably loses its capacity to be recharged.

These costs are of course insignificant if you are plugged in . . . to the pockets of prostrate people, forced to hand over a large portion of their earnings so that you can take in a six-figure government salary, as Buttigieg does.

Let them eat volts!

He might as well say it. He certainly thinks it. The callous contempt – or is it merely obliviousness? – the Secretary Thing shows for the situation he and his have placed average Americans in is nothing less than astounding.

And infuriating.

The insufferable elitist gall of these people, who impose suffering that is entirely unnecessary as well as entirely avoidable – gas prices ought to be declining, as they were, before the Biden Thing seized the apparatus of government – and then smile and tell the people to just spend more money they haven’t got, that’s worth less with the passage of every 24 hours on account of other policies that can be laid at the feet of these self-same creatures, on things they can’t afford and which cost them more than just money.

The Secretary Thing’s time is valuable, whereas that of the little people – as another elitist once styled us – isn’t. He does not have to plan his day – or his trips – around the limitations of EVs. He has the option to photo-op in an EV (as his boss, the Biden Thing recently did in a $75,000 to start GM EV) or be whisked to wherever he needs to be, right now – no matter how far away – without having to wait, for anything. There are armored and not-electric Chevy Suburbans with big V8 engines always idling at the ready. Government jets to whisk the Secretary Thing off to the next photo-op. Their tanks always kept full via the limitless supply of other people’s money that finances and fuels them.

The little people can wait.

If they can pay.

Not many can. EVs – even with “generous” tax kickbacks – still cost as much to buy as an entry-luxury not-electric car, making them a luxury for the affluent, who don’t mind the wait – or who (as is usually the case) have a not-electric car back-up at the ready, so they don’t have to wait.

This is not rocket science. But it is political science. We can see what the priorities are of the party that’s no longer even perfunctorily populist, which has become elitist in way that the GOP never was, even in the most exaggerated depictions of the Democrat Party. Which has become the very thing it once putatively opposed, without (apparently) even realizing it.

These things continue to mouth populist slogans – “build back better!” – while pursuing policies that assure the enserfing of the populace.

One of two things must be true.

First, that the Democrats mean to enserf the populace; second that they are so out of touch that they no longer perceive how elitist they have become, mixing only among themselves and thus believing that everyone else is like themselves.

Can afford to spend $40,000-plus to “save money” on gas that costs $3.40 per gallon.

It could also be both things, twisted together. Like the Party Orators described in Orwell’s 1984 – who practiced something styled Duckspeak, the unconscious noise-making of an animal that was also – at the same time – consciously spewed claptrap uttered with a cynical smirk and knowing derision at the rubes assaulted by it.

All we can know for sure is that if it quacks like a duck, it probably is one.

States have been implementing rolling blackouts for years during peak demand.

How many EVs can our grid realistically handle?

Yeah, at TEN TIMES the cost of a normal car.

Lets Go Brandon!

Hell, every other country has stated that if ALL of their vehicles were electric the POWER GRID would be overloaded.

No, he wants us to NOT be able to travel. If you can not travel, you can not produce, or sell that which you do produce to others. If everyone were to switch to electric cars like he wants us to, the end result would be a total collapse of the supply chain and BILLIONS would die from starvation. Which really is their goal.

They can dick with the value of currency by printing it (or destroying via taxes or interest), but, that value is also tied to the population. The less people there are, the more value each bill of currency has to those that are left.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The less people there are, the more value each bill of currency has to those that are left.
    Not exactly, no. Less people, less demand, same supply, less value.

Notice how the media organs have been promoting ButtPlugg lately?

He had been an invisible non-entity, even before he bailed out to go play house with his adopted kids and co-masturbator.

Now, all of a sudden he's everywhere.

My guess: he's being groomed to replace Biden, line of succession be damned.

Pete Buttigieg: Rural Drivers Should Buy Electric Cars Because They Use the Most Gas

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-the-most-gas/

CHARLIE SPIERING 29 Nov 2021

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said Sunday rural and suburban voters should buy electric cars because they burn the most gasoline.

“The people who stand to benefit most from owning an EV are often rural residents, who have the longest distances to drive, they often burn the most gas,” Buttigieg said in an interview with MSNBC’s Jonathan Capehart.

He also argued low-income suburban drivers would benefit from electric vehicles because gas near urban areas was more expensive.

“They would gain the most from having that vehicle, but these are the very residents who have not always been connected to electric vehicles that are viewed as kind of a luxury item,” Buttigieg said.

He promoted Biden’s Build Back Better social entitlement bill for restoring a tax credit of up to $12,500 for union-made electric vehicles, noting “families who once they own that vehicle will never have to worry about gas prices again.”

Buttigieg’s comments track with the White House messaging for all Americans concerned by high gas prices to buy an electric car.

President Joe Biden touted electric cars as a way to beat high gas prices in a speech last week.

“For the hundreds of thousands of folks who bought one of those electric cars, they’re going to save $800 to $1000 in fuel costs this year,” Biden said, referring to the $112,595 electric Hummer pickup he test drove at a General Motors factory in Detroit earlier this month

Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm said last week the best strategy to tackle high gas prices was to get Americans off fossil fuels and onto clean energy and electric cars.

“That is the best strategy long term to protect American consumers from these energy price shocks,” she said.

Manipulation of recourses in order to push an agenda hasn't worked out well historically.

Why do Democrat economics always involve female logic?

"I had to buy something we didn't need. It was 50% off."

"The way to pay less for the gasoline you need, but can't afford, is to take $100K down to your friendly local Tesla dealer."

They've gone from the Broken Window Fallacy to the Broke Ass Fallacy.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-01-2021 at 10:59 AM.

He had been an invisible non-entity, even before he bailed out to go play house with his adopted kids and co-masturbator.

My guess: he's being groomed to replace Biden, line of succession be damned.
    Speaking of which, check this out:

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaSIPA/sta...65198269775876

Harris and Buttigieg were among the first to drop out of the 2020 primary (in fact, Harris was the first), due to their utter lack of:
    (1) charisma (a tatty, soggy dishrag has more), and
    (2) support from Democrat primary voters.

I don't see how these two clowns end up as the 2024 Democrat ticket, especially given (the reasons for) the debacle the Democrats seem to be headed for in the 2022 midterms. But if they somehow do, then apart from serious shenanigans, I don't see how they fail to get absolutely pasted by Trump or DeSantis or whomever the Republicans run.

It's because of the Infrastructure package they passed. The Dept of Transportation is sitting on an ENORMOUS pile of your money getting ready to be handed out to their cronies. The lobbyists worked overtime to get all sorts of goodies added, but it doesn't stop there. Now, the real lobbyists are working on making sure their interests get your cash. Jennifer Granholm is getting the same kind of attention.

As for gas prices, there is a big hope in the central-planning circles that this Omicron thing will really take off and chase people back into their houses and off the roads. They want to lower demand so that the prices will come down. Propaganda works, but they need some tangible scare tactics to make sure it works. A few thousand deaths from Omicron will do wonders for the political monsters.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast