Thread: Biden Hits New Approval Low - Is He Eyeing War As A Distraction?

Biden Hits New Approval Low - Is He Eyeing War As A Distraction?

Biden Hits New Approval Low - Is He Eyeing War As A Distraction?

President Biden's approval numbers have hit a new low - the upper 37 percent range - as his administration continues to talk up "Russian troop build-up" near Ukraine. Is the saber-rattling meant as a distraction? Also today: Where's Gavin Newsom? Why is Italy adjusting its Covid numbers? New worrying study on vax effectiveness. And...New Jersey politics.`
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would starting a war increase Biden's poll numbers? Everybody hates his guts and knows he's been a warhawk his whole career. Getting us involved in another war would only result in him getting a 90% disapproval (if he's not already there already due to these poll numbers being inflated).
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Why would starting a war increase Biden's poll numbers? Everybody hates his guts and knows he's been a warhawk his whole career. Getting us involved in another war would only result in him getting a 90% disapproval (if he's not already there already due to these poll numbers being inflated).
    I may be wrong, but I believe that starting or threatening to start a war has a 100% track record of increasing a President's poll numbers.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe that starting or threatening to start a war has a 100% track record of increasing a President's poll numbers.
    It certainly does. But after decades of tiresomely continuous warmongering, that particular gimmick may finally be wearing thin and the Law of Diminishing Returns is kicking in. I hope so, anyway.

Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

Platform Our Actions

Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

#TakeHumanAction Donate Merchandise

HOME Facebook Twitter YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That may be true if we had a normal president, but Biden is nothing of the sort. He's nothing but a senile old man who is more disliked than liked. All he's doing is digging himself holes that he can't possibly get out of and starting another unconstitutional war and trying to justify it would be just another hole. Plus more people are awake now to how corrupt our government is.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge