Thread: OSHA Suspends all CCP19 Mandate Activities, will not enforce Biden mandates

Exclamation OSHA Suspends all CCP19 Mandate Activities, will not enforce Biden mandates

The Beast Blinks.

I'll take it.

OSHA has ‘suspended activities’ related to Biden’s vaccine mandate

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-bidens-vacci/

Cites adverse court ruling, signals long fight ahead

By Tom Howell Jr. - The Washington Times - Updated: 5:24 p.m. on Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration suspended work on President Biden’s vaccine mandate after a federal appeals court hit pause on rules that would force companies with 100 or more employees to require COVID-19 vaccinations or regular testing for coronavirus infection.

OSHA said the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision to stay the mandate forced its hand but that the fight over Mr. Biden’s rule, or emergency temporary standard (ETS), isn’t over.

“While OSHA remains confident in its authority to protect workers in emergencies, OSHA has suspended activities related to the implementation and enforcement of the ETS pending future developments in the litigation,” the agency said on its website.

The 5th Circuit froze the mandate late Friday, citing “a multitude of reasons” to believe that a legal challenge is “likely to succeed on the merits.” OSHA’s decision to stop its work went largely unnoticed until Wednesday.

The suspension was the latest reminder of the fault lines around Mr. Biden’s decision to reach into the private sector and require big employers to ensure that their workers are vaccinated by Jan. 4 or are tested for the coronavirus at least once a week.

The regulation has sparked dozens of lawsuits and pushback from business groups, which say they don’t want to wrangle with their employees on the cusp of the holiday season and can’t afford to lose workers in a tight labor market.

Employers aren’t required to develop a roster of vaccinated and unvaccinated employees until early December, and the testing rules don’t kick in until the new year. Even so, challengers celebrated OSHA’s suspension as a sign that the mandate is teetering and they should accelerate their efforts as the fight pivots to the 6th U.S. Court of Appeals.

“While I am pleased with the actions taken by the court and that OSHA has subsequently suspended President Biden’s unconstitutional vaccine mandate for now, I will continue fighting to put a full stop to his efforts to fire Americans for choosing to not get the vaccine,” said Sen. Roger Marshall, Kansas Republican. “Joe Biden’s mandate is a slap in the face to so many people, including our essential workers, who answered the call last year. These are real people working to feed their families and pay their mortgages.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't trust it. They want everyone to let their guard down. Will get a rule passed that will require anal swabs 1 day before christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Don't trust it. They want everyone to let their guard down. Will get a rule passed that will require anal swabs 1 day before christmas.
    Don't trust the commie $#@!s as far as I can throw them.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Good news but they won't give up that easily. They will regroup and push even harder.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Then we must fight even harder against Biden's Geheime Staatspolizei

Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    Then we must fight even harder against Biden's Geheime Staatspolizei
    Yes.
    It's time to build momentum.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Meanwhile, the "federal contracts" mandate clock continues to tick.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

OSHA Jab Mandate site is open for comments - you know what to do!
    https://www.regulations.gov/docket/O...-0007/comments

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Meanwhile, the "federal contracts" mandate clock continues to tick.
    Judge in Ky. blocks federal contractor vaccine mandate, granting AG Cameron’s request

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Good to know. Unfortunately, I'm already on day two of depleting savings. If I'm brought back on, it'll probably be sometime after a "final" ruling.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMas...08611950275379

Can employers be sued if mandates are declared unconstitutional?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Can employers be sued if mandates are declared unconstitutional?
    I suspect they can. In my case, I'm not an "employee" but a 1099 contractor. So, I'm simply "relieved of duty" -- not fired. I still have access to the company network via VPN, my company email/chat still works, etc, but after this past Monday, I can't work or bill hours. Just depleting savings at this point.

H.L. Mencken

I suspect they can. In my case, I'm not an "employee" but a 1099 contractor. So, I'm simply "relieved of duty" -- not fired. I still have access to the company network via VPN, my company email/chat still works, etc, but after this past Monday, I can't work or bill hours. Just depleting savings at this point.
    I think they mean if your employer says they will fire you if you get the vax, and you comply and get injured from the vax, you can sue them - but not the vaccine manufacturers, they still 'enjoy' protection.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think they mean if your employer says they will fire you if you get the vax, and you comply and get injured from the vax, you can sue them - but not the vaccine manufacturers, they still 'enjoy' protection.
    Ah, gotcha. I was thinking of the job-loss angle. Like can one sue for job loss via vax like one might sue for job loss via "ageism" or whatever.

At the end of the day though...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Don't trust the commie $#@!s as far as I can throw them.

H.L. Mencken

Ah, gotcha. I was thinking of the job-loss angle. Like can one sue for job loss via vax like one might sue for job loss via "ageism" or whatever.

At the end of the day though...
    I know some people are trying for wrongful termination suits when there is no government mandate.

But what works best is when enough employees refuse that they can't afford to go through with it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Anyone get the feeling 1 week from christmas congress will be held hostage unless mandate funding passes?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.