Thread: CT-70 resident nursing home, 8 dead 89 cases of CCP19, in all cases only 2 unvaxxed

Exclamation CT-70 resident nursing home, 8 dead 89 cases of CCP19, in all cases only 2 unvaxxed

Unsafe and ineffective.

This is long past incompetency and is now a criminal matter.

8 Dead, Dozens Infected With COVID-19 Due to Outbreak at Connecticut Nursing Home

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-home/2652161/

The Canaan senior community houses only 70 residents.
    By Angela Fortuna • Published November 14, 2021 • Updated 3 hours ago

Eight people are dead and just shy of 100 more have become infected with COVID-19 after an outbreak at a Connecticut nursing home.

The outbreak at the Geer Village Senior Community, a nursing home and rehabilitation center in Canaan, started around the beginning of October when the nursing home was reporting three positive COVID-19 cases.

Now, eight residents have died, and 67 residents and 22 staff members caught COVID-19 sometime in the past month and a half. Nursing home officials said 48 residents and 21 staff members have recovered from the virus.

The state Department of Public Health said they're monitoring and providing on-site consultation at this facility.

"Family members of residents in long-term care facilities should also encourage their loved ones being cared for in these facilities to get a booster vaccine," a spokesperson for the DPH said.

The nursing and rehab center houses only 70 residents and all eight people who died has serious underlying health issues.

Of the 89 total infections, 87 people were fully vaccinated, the nursing home said.

"While we must continue with Covid-19 prevention protocols, we want to assure everyone we are doing our best to keep residents and staff safe," officials said.

All visits will continue to remain on hold because of the outbreak; anyone who wishes to see their loved ones can do so virtually or through window visits.

"Despite the highly infectious nature of this disease, our employees were able to protect their residents, themselves, and their families through the initial peak of this pandemic. They did this during a time when we least understood Covid-19 and struggled to find the supplies and funding to persevere as the virus spread. We are tremendously proud of our employees for their dedication to the people we care for," Geer Village Senior Community CEO Kevin O'Connell said in a statement.

Anyone whose loved one tests positive for coronavirus or becomes symptomatic will be notified.

"Our priority is always the health and safety of the staff and residents at Geer. We are saddened to see some in the Geer family become ill. We pray for their speedy recovery and continue to do everything in our power to minimize the risk across all our operations,” O’Connell said.

Residents and staff will become eligible for the booster shot when the community has gone two full weeks without any new COVID-19 cases, they said.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, ya see, those TWO were incubators from hell and their Covid landed a Karate chop to the Vaccine that the others had. Pretty much kicked that Vaccine in the balls-sack. If they had vaccinated so as not to have contracted Covid, because that's what the vaccine prevents, then all the others would have been safe.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, ya see, those TWO were incubators from hell and their Covid landed a Karate chop to the Vaccine that the others had. Pretty much kicked that Vaccine in the balls-sack. If they had vaccinated so as not to have contracted Covid, because that's what the vaccine prevents, then all the others would have been safe.
    Pro jab people trying to explain to me why the jab IS safe and effective.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I go into my first V.A. physical Friday since the jabs came out. I fully expect the doc to ask about vax status. This should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I go into my first V.A. physical Friday since the jabs came out. I fully expect the doc to ask about vax status. This should be fun.
    Same thing happened to me when I went to the dentist a month ago. Hopefully when you tell him your vax status is none of your business he respects it and moves on.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 11-16-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

They never said you will not get Covid after getting vaccinated other than some morons in the news media and the daily gaff master Biden that do not know what they are talking about.

If you are get the vax you can still get it but the likelihood of dying or having worse symptoms is lessened. That does not mean you cannot still get sick and die. At least that is what people keep telling me. I have no idea what the truth is anymore. It sure sounds like it is not as effective as it should be and there is the matter of safety.

By now they should have had a new and improved version but there are no great minds in leadership in this country when this started under Trump and it continues under Biden. It almost seems as the clueless news media looks to government for information and leadership while the clueless government looks to news media. It also became totally political. It is the blind leading the blind, yet we are supposed to trust them with our health.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    They never said you will not get Covid after getting vaccinated other than some morons in the news media and the daily gaff master Biden that do not know what they are talking about.

If you are get the vax you can still get it but the likelihood of dying or having worse symptoms is lessened. That does not mean you cannot still get sick and die. At least that is what people keep telling me. I have no idea what the truth is anymore. It sure sounds like it is not as effective as it should be and there is the matter of safety.

By now they should have had a new and improved version but there are no great minds in leadership in this country when this started under Trump and it continues under Biden. It almost seems as the clueless news media looks to government for information and leadership while the clueless government looks to news media. It also became totally political. It is the blind leading the blind, yet we are supposed to trust them with our health.
    Being allowed to receive effective treatments with already known and safe medical therapies would lesson worse symptoms and dying. And then you would have natural immunity without the injection of a rushed to market vaccine. Win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Man, I'm sorry. I swear I saw a meme with Fraudci's face pasted over his. I thought I linked it here. But I can't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.