Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Atlas Shrugging? Record 4.4 million people quit their jobs in September

Exclamation Is Atlas Shrugging? Record 4.4 million people quit their jobs in September

While the talking heads offer up all the usual platitudes about why this is happening, could it be something much more simple and much more significant?

Have millions of people, many of whom are employed in the lines of work that Mike Rowe describes as "those jobs that make modern civilized society possible", have these people finally had enough?

Enough of being mocked and ridiculed by our elitist oppressors and their media organs?

Enough of being taxed at effective rates of 50 percent or more?

Enough of supporting a massive handout bureaucracy that turns money directly over to people who hate them?

Enough of having an economic gun pointed to their heads, to take a risky medication against their will?

Is Atlas Shrugging?

The Great Resignation - Record 4.4 million people quit their jobs in Sept.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/great-...ng-jobs-record

Paul Sacca November 14, 2021

The Great Resignation — the widespread movement by American workers to quit their jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic — continues to handicap the United States' economic recovery. A record number of Americans quit their jobs in September, causing job openings to remain at near all-time highs.

A record-high 4.4 million U.S. workers quit their jobs in September, according to the Labor Department's Job Openings and Labor Turnover or JOLTS. This follows the previous high of 4.3 million in August. The "quits rate," or the percent of workers who left their jobs, rose to 3% — also a record.

CNBC reported, "So far, roughly 34.4 million people have quit their jobs this year, with more than 24 million doing so since April. By comparison, 36.3 million people quit their job in all of 2020."

Nick Bunker, economic research director at Indeed, told The Hill, "The rise of quitting across the labor market is remarkable, but the concentration among a few sectors is eye-popping. Quits are up the most in sectors where most work is in-person or relatively low paying."

Liz Wilke, chief economist at payroll service company Gusto, told CBS News, "People are rethinking their work, and they are sitting on an unprecedented amount of savings — people feel very comfortable that they can find a new job, and that's what we think of when we think of a strong labor market."

ZipRecruiter chief economist Julia Pollak told CNBC that turnover is a major factor for businesses, "Employers are basically having to replace their entire staff in just a couple of months. It's really quite dramatic."

Pollak adds that the historic turnover may present tremendous opportunities, "It's an exciting moment for job seekers who are benefiting from employers offering hiring incentives and reducing their requirements."

Ben Ayers, senior economist at Nationwide, predicts that the job market will become enticing to those sitting on the sidelines, "We do expect that higher compensation and plentiful openings will draw more workers to reenter the labor force in coming months, helping to ease the tight labor market somewhat. But as the unemployment rate approaches pre-Covid levels next year and is expected to drop further beyond that, the labor market could remain relatively tight throughout the current expansion."

Goldman Sachs analysts warned that the Great Resignation shows no signs of stopping, "Labor supply drags from COVID concerns appear sizeable and will likely linger in the medium-term, since it may take some time for some people to feel comfortable returning to work."
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suspect much of this is due to fear of exposure to Covid or company Covid mandates like vaccine or unable to deal with mask wearing all day or reduced hours because of Covid, forcing them to quit.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

It's clearly the vaccine mandates that caused those people to leave their jobs since it lines up perfectly with Biden's announcement.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I think MSM is in serious denial of how many people don't want the jab, test and, don't want to wear a mask all day.

No, Atlas is not shrugging. You would know if it was actually happening.

As you probably know, our liberty group meets every week, we continue to try to outreach. About a month ago, a woman due to retire in 2 years quit her job early as a hospital cook because she refused to get the mandated jab. A die-hard republican, she blames the entire mess on Biden, and can’t wait to vote next election. We tried to show her the facts that OWS was initiated by the Trump administration, she called us liars, stating that Trump would never do something like that, and we never saw her again.

Not too long ago a small rally was held downtown showing full support for Trump, they want him to run again in 2024. We took On the Record sheets with us, passed them around, we were the ones who were called traitors and other choice names. During the rally, some folks here and there expressed that they quit their jobs, also blaming Biden for the entire mess. We tried to explain that the Trump Admin funded it all and provided the bill names. “Next election when republicans win the White House, life, jobs and our great country will return back to normal.” Basically we were forced to leave, nobody was interested in hearing our “leftist lies”.

Some of you are the 3%, we in the know are the 1%. Until a greater number knows and accepts the truth, here’s what you can count on: every 4 years more liberty dies, where people become conditioned and becomes the norm. TSA still exists, the dollar continues to plummet and jab tracking apps are now more prevalent than ever - all of which are “Biden’s fault”. Some of the older folks may or may not get on board with the jab/tracking, but they are being replaced with younger folks who have no problem with them as long as it’s for a buck. Most of America will wait patiently for the next “election” believing that freedom will magically come back again.

Atlas shrugging? Sure - in the movie.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

An Agorist Primer

Well, within the next few weeks, on Thanksgiving, I will have been without a paycheck for exactly 1 year. I'd like to be able to say that 'I'm sticking it to the man', that Uncle Sam is gonna be so disappointed next April because I've broken the matrix, and that I'm doing my little part to bring the leviathan to its knees.

But in truth, I can't keep this up forever, the savings are dwindling down, and I will likely have to re-enter the workforce sometime around new year's. Uncle Sam will have been un-phased by my little tax protest, and I'll have to choose between my health and being able to sustain myself.

It has been nice telling myself that at least I'm not working to support the leeches, but that's just what I'm telling myself. The reality is I've had no impact at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

Some of you still watch the news, and it shows.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

As you probably know, our liberty group meets every week, we continue to try to outreach. About a month ago, a woman due to retire in 2 years quit her job early as a hospital cook because she refused to get the mandated jab. A die-hard republican, she blames the entire mess on Biden, and can’t wait to vote next election. We tried to show her the facts that OWS was initiated by the Trump administration, she called us liars, stating that Trump would never do something like that, and we never saw her again.

Not too long ago a small rally was held downtown showing full support for Trump, they want him to run again in 2024. We took On the Record sheets with us, passed them around, we were the ones who were called traitors and other choice names. During the rally, some folks here and there expressed that they quit their jobs, also blaming Biden for the entire mess. We tried to explain that the Trump Admin funded it all and provided the bill names. “Next election when republicans win the White House, life, jobs and our great country will return back to normal.” Basically we were forced to leave, nobody was interested in hearing our “leftist lies”.

Some of you are the 3%, we in the know are the 1%. Until a greater number knows and accepts the truth, here’s what you can count on: every 4 years more liberty dies, where people become conditioned and becomes the norm. TSA still exists, the dollar continues to plummet and jab tracking apps are now more prevalent than ever - all of which are “Biden’s fault”. Some of the older folks may or may not get on board with the jab/tracking, but they are being replaced with younger folks who have no problem with them as long as it’s for a buck. Most of America will wait patiently for the next “election” believing that freedom will magically come back again.

They were right to kick you out. One of the main issues these people care about - federal vaccine mandates - simply wouldn't happen under a Trump administration.

None of the other issues you pointed out will be solved by a President. Trump Rand or Ron. Only secession.

If your goal is liberty, you should be focused on that. Screeching anarchy at people who aren't ready to hear it isn't gonna get us there.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 11-15-2021 at 02:36 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They were right to kick you out. One of the main issues these people care about - federal vaccine mandates - simply wouldn't happen under a Trump administration.

None of the other issues you pointed out will be solved by a President. Trump Rand or Ron. Only secession.

If your goal is liberty, you should be focused on that. Screeching anarchy at people who aren't ready to hear it isn't gonna get us there.
    “Hurry hurry this election is the most crucial in history! We must secede! We don’t know why, just don’t tell us the truth!”

We left all right. They can figure it out. As always, well after the fact, after it’s too late. See how much freedom we have gained over the past couple of hundred years?

Liberty comes from from within, bro. I was just there to nudge it a little, as fruitless as that may be.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

An Agorist Primer

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can't know that. You can't prove that. Therefore that is now your religion.

How's life in the cult treating you?

"Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Well, within the next few weeks, on Thanksgiving, I will have been without a paycheck for exactly 1 year. I'd like to be able to say that 'I'm sticking it to the man', that Uncle Sam is gonna be so disappointed next April because I've broken the matrix, and that I'm doing my little part to bring the leviathan to its knees.

But in truth, I can't keep this up forever, the savings are dwindling down, and I will likely have to re-enter the workforce sometime around new year's. Uncle Sam will have been un-phased by my little tax protest, and I'll have to choose between my health and being able to sustain myself.

It has been nice telling myself that at least I'm not working to support the leeches, but that's just what I'm telling myself. The reality is I've had no impact at all.
    I don't recall seeing it officially announced, but we're pretty much in the MMT phase of the collapse right now. FedGov doesn't need a penny of tax to do whatever it wants and that's why they can double down with the mandate stuff. 100% private sector unemployment means nothing to them.

I'll be pushed out in two weeks. To the extent I can find work without the doc mandate, I'll keep resisting.
    My Medical Records are Private

"If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months." --phill4paul

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You can't know that. You can't prove that. Therefore that is now your religion.

How's life in the cult treating you?

All out of kool-aid unfortunately. Can I borrow some from your cult?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

All out of kool-aid unfortunately. Can I borrow some from your cult?
    No kool aid. Just red pills. You have to be able to handle the truth.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

I hear you. If I could video all I went through over the last 20 years with various news media, politicians and entertainers and show it to all these people you talked to, they would probably still call me a leftist liar or right wing lunatic since what they see on TV is like gospel to these people. That is the only truth to them. There is no other truth to them other than what is pre-programmed talking points from the teams to their respective news media outlets. Be damned first hand accounts and conversations, the brainwashing is so ingrained.

For some it would break their entire life illusion about their heroes, their team and how they look at themselves to accept the truth. But still worth it and necessary to spread the truth, since those you do reach the truth can spread to others like a virus.

It is so corrupt and evil beyond anyone's wildest dreams. I agree that secession is the answer however you need to reach people somewhat or these people will in mass never allow you leave when their establishment gods paint you as the enemy. It maybe futile at times what PAF and others are doing but necessary since without spreading the truth and/or a somewhat a favorable view of secession, there will be millions demanding your head for it.

I can't tell if you have you gone back to parody posting.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quit?
    or Forced Out of their Jobs..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Quit?
    or Forced Out of their Jobs..
    They one and all needed to insist on being fired, to have a chance at retribution through the courts in future.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

Go under the table, take cash work, been doing that since way before all this covid crap started. Sure, you aren't bringing down the bastards, but at least you aren't contributing and consenting.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are likely correct in that prediction. If nothing else, Trump was driven by being a showman, and his crowds were already booing at mentions of mandates.

The problem with Trump was more on the spending side. He spent taxpayer money on vaccines and drugs that were unproven and now don't work. He spend money on stimulus and Covid relief. IMHO, if he were President, he would have championed the Infrastructure Bill, and while the spending may have shifted around a bit, it would probably still have the same cronyism and price tag. And Trump fans at his big stadium tours would not have booed, they would have cheered.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I am. All of us should. If the government is going to give everything away free with our tax dollars we should take back all they are giving. Why work hard when it gets you nowhere anymore. I know the country is $#@!ed so why slave away. I'm just going to enjoy my life.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I am. All of us should. If the government is going to give everything away free with our tax dollars we should take back all they are giving. Why work hard when it gets you nowhere anymore. I know the country is $#@!ed so why slave away. I'm just going to enjoy my life.
    That's what I'm getting at...take this recent story:

MSNBC host Tiffany Cross is slammed for saying her trucker brother is at risk because the industry is full of white men who voted for Trump

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...white-men.html

Tiffany Cross, the host of Cross Connection, revealed on Sunday that she worries about her brother in the trucking industry
    She pointed to statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showing that the industry predominantly comprises white men
    Cross said the group 'overwhelmingly voted for Trump' and linked that to minority drivers saying they have experienced racism
    She also insinuated that if more 'people of color' were in the industry, there would be fewer aggressive truck drivers
    After a clip of the conversation was posted on Twitter, some users criticized her for going after the trucking industry and accused her of being racist

So you take that 55 year old white male trucker.

For the past 10 years or so he has been called the most foul and despicable names in the book.

Over the past 24 months he is now targeted for, at the very least, removal from the public square and second or third class citizenship status.

In the worst case, extermination.

Meanwhile he's killing himself in a difficult, dangerous (much more so than any cop) and low paying line of work, having regulations and taxes and fatwas heaped on him, cops up his ass 24/7 waiting to bust him for the slightest little thing, all to provide a vital service to people who $#@!ing hate his guts.

If he had an alternative line of work, or was able to skate on retirement, or maybe just Go Galt, what in the world makes anybody think he would not?

I know I am.

I'm not going to spend another day at sea, under stress and strain, to keep the lights and heat on in homes of people who hate me and want me to go to jail for providing that product.

$#@! them...hope they all freeze to death this winter.

Meanwhile, let this high box Marxist TV $#@! go get behind the wheel herself, if she feels so strongly about it.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-15-2021 at 05:25 PM.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Yep, my sucessful business that actually benefitted and helped low income people is closed. I am sitting on my butt in Florida enjoying warm weather and life. I collect every penny I am legally entitled to from the government that took it from me. Screw them all.

An even greater number, and another record, quit in November.

An All-Time High 4.5 Million People Quit Their Jobs in November as Cheap Labor Bubble Burst Continues

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...rst-continues/

JOHN CARNEY 4 Jan 2022

It’s not only difficult for employers to fill open positions in the U.S. economy. It’s increasingly challenging to hold on to workers already on the payroll, especially in traditionally lower-wage jobs.

A record number of people quit their jobs in November, the latest Labor Department survey of hires, openings, and quits showed Tuesday.

The number of quits rose to 4.53 million in November, according to the Labor Department’s Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey. That was a nine percent increase from the prior month and the highest on record. The previous high had been set in September at 4.36 million.

Quits have been at historically elevated levels since passing 3.5 million in March of 2021. On average since the turn of the century, there were 2.7 million quits per month.

Three percent of the total workforce quit in November, matching the record high hit in September.

One of the factors driving the high level of quits is the confidence workers have that they can find another job that will pay better or offer better working conditions. The total number job openings in November was 10.56 million. That’s lower than the 11 million consensus forecast and down from 11.09 million in October. But it is extremely high historically speaking and well above the 6.88 million people out of work and looking for employment in November. The prepandemic twenty-first century average number of openings is 4.5 million, so the economy has twice as many available jobs as normal.

While the development of a high level of quits has been labeled the Great Resignation, there is some evidence that a good part of what is driving this is the popping of the cheap labor bubble. The high-powered economy and reduced level of immigration created in the Trump era is now forcing companies and entire sectors of the economy to unwind business models built around the idea that the supply of labor was nearly unlimited, eliminating the need for employers to raise wages or improve conditions to expand payrolls. Now employers are forced to compete for workers.

This can be seen in the elevated rate of hires in the month. The JOLTS report showed that there were 6.7 million hires in the month, which suggests that many of the quitters were not people leaving the workforce but people leaving to work in better jobs.

A gauge of employment from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta shows that people who have switched jobs have seen median wage growth of 4.3 percent while those who have stayed at the same employer have seen wages grow by 3.1 percent. So quitters are prospering.

Leisure and hospitality, one of the sectors most dependent on cheap labor, have seen wage gains of 3.8 percent over the 12-months through November, above the 3.7 percent overall. Trade and transportation workers have seen wages rise 3.9 percent.

The quits level for leisure and hospitality topped one million in November for the first time ever. The rate was 6.4 percent, a full percentage point higher than the October rate and the highest of all sectors of the economy. The sub-category of accommodations and food services saw the level rise to 6.9 percent, also a record.

The Atlanta Fed’s wage tracker also breaks out workers by level of education. Here too the evidence suggests that a good part of what we’re seeing in the current labor market is the fallout from the unwind of cheap labor business models. This year, for the first time ever, wage gains for those with a high school education or less have outpaced those with more education. As of November, the 12-month gain for high school or less-educated workers was 4 percent. Those with Associates Degrees had seen 3.2 percent wage gains. And those with Bachelor’s Degrees had seen wages rise by 3.4 percent.

Last month, Neil Munro reported that the Biden administration is trying to reinflate the cheap labor bubble by importing more workers.

Nationwide, politicians are facing pressure from companies who want the federal government to re-inflate the cheap-labor bubble that it started in 1990. In Washington, that business pressure has added three cheap-labor giveaways buried deep in the pending Build Back Better bill.

Biden’s deputies are trying to re-inflate the cheap-labor bubble. So far, they have imported roughly 1.5 million migrants — both legal immigrants and illegal migrants — during 2021.

Openings fell in manufacturing for both durable goods makers and nondurables, while hires were steady in durables and down only slightly in nondurables. It is too early to tell whether this combination points to coming relief from some supply chain problems or suggests a slowing in growth due to those problems.

“Turnover” is the key term here. 4.4 million people quit but how many went and got new jobs, that’s the central question here.

Nonetheless, high turnover rate translates into serious situation for many companies for all the standard reasons, such as having to train new personnel, loss of their experience base, and so forth.

It would also be interesting to find out how many of those who have quit their jobs are starting businesses of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think MSM is in serious denial of how many people don't want the jab, test and, don't want to wear a mask all day.
    I’m thinking you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I’m thinking you may be right.
    I know she's right...I know a couple of people like that, myself included.

Whatever is in those injections, it is not effective for protection against CCP19

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I know she's right...I know a couple of people like that, myself included.
    The rough breakdown in my group was 60% took the jab, 30% went for the exemption, and 10% (including me) opted out of both. But after dismissing me from one contract for opting out of both, things got shuffled around (they blinked first) and I'm back in the mix -- I just had to put my "opt out of both" in writing. It's such a farce.

ETA: I've been remote since this thing started, so the mask part was never an issue for me.

"If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months." --phill4paul

I just hope my company will let me be in religious exemption limbo for 6 months when the supreme court rules it's okay to force Americans to take drugs after decades of drug abuse education
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    ...I just had to put my "opt out of both" in writing. It's such a farce.
    That's nothing new. Back in '84 when I started my graduate degree in computer science, those $#@!s at CCNY tried to sandbag me at registration, saying that if I didn't have proof of vaccinations, I could not register. I responded by using NYC political correctness against them, accusing them of violating my 1A right to freedom of religion. They tried to corner me by asking what is the name of my religion, but they were cheap-suit amateurs and I told them it was an irrelevancy and that I was under no obligation to tell them. So finally they caved and said I had to provide a written statement of my religious objection. So I sat at a table in an infirmary office, wrote my write and off to registration I went.

The only thing I can think of is that it was some lame attempt at evading liability. They did say that if there were to be some epidemic outbreak, that I would not be able to attend class. By that time I was pretty much yawning openly at them and waving my hand in urging them to finish. Even in those days, stupid and fear-ridden people turned my stomach and I would show my contempt for them at any opportunity. Yeah, I know where I'm going when I die.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

"Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

That's nothing new. Back in '84 when I started my graduate degree in computer science, those $#@!s at CCNY tried to sandbag me at registration, saying that if I didn't have proof of vaccinations, I could not register. I responded by using NYC political correctness against them, accusing them of violating my 1A right to freedom of religion. They tried to corner me by asking what is the name of my religion, but they were cheap-suit amateurs and I told them it was an irrelevancy and that I was under no obligation to tell them. So finally they caved and said I had to provide a written statement of my religious objection. So I sat at a table in an infirmary office, wrote my write and off to registration I went.

The only thing I can think of is that it was some lame attempt at evading liability. They did say that if there were to be some epidemic outbreak, that I would not be able to attend class. By that time I was pretty much yawning openly at them and waving my hand in urging them to finish. Even in those days, stupid and fear-ridden people turned my stomach and I would show my contempt for them at any opportunity. Yeah, I know where I'm going when I die.
    I am a little younger than you but have a close enough year story from 1983.

I had all my required vaccines early on as a kid, but I missed one booster shot. While in High School I was called to the auditorium with other students that also had missed vaccinations. We were told we would be kicked out of school and denied graduation until we got vaccinated. I just happened to walk in at just the right time and the Principal grabbed my arm. He decided to publicly humiliate me and disparage my family in front of the auditorium of non-vaxxed status students for missing that one booster shot.

I got pissed and stormed out but no one cared. The kids thought the principal was an out of line douche. The funny thing is allot of those kids did not have many shots as I had but I got the full brunt of the tongue lashing. I was not allowed back into school until it got taken care of.

Nothing much has changed it seems. There was no epidemic of anything at that time either.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Go under the table, take cash work, been doing that since way before all this covid crap started. Sure, you aren't bringing down the bastards, but at least you aren't contributing and consenting.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The only thing I can think of is that it was some lame attempt at evading liability.
    That's how I see it too. I'm half tempted to write out "WHEREAS I am calling your bluff...." on the next doc they need from me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast