Thread: House approves $1 Trillion package

House approves $1 Trillion package

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dems-end-...052210642.html

Lemme get to the last two paragraphs...

The package would provide large numbers of Americans with assistance to pay for health care, raising children and caring for elderly people at home. The package would provide $555 billion in tax breaks encouraging cleaner energy and electric vehicles. Democrats added provisions in recent days restoring a new paid family leave program and work permits for millions of immigrants.

Much of the package’s cost would be covered with higher taxes on wealthier Americans and large corporations.

So, those who benefit from this don't feel the pinch and have no skin in the game.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 11-06-2021 at 07:50 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Much of the package’s cost would be covered with higher taxes on wealthier Americans and large corporations.[/I]
    Which they will then pass on to you.

It's the height of stupidity to think the wealthy and corporations are hoarding their money underneath some mattress somewhere.

There's 3 inescapable scenarios here:
    1. They pay the tax by removing their money from their investments and give it to the government. So anyone currently using those investments gets shorted and has to cut back.
    2. They pay the tax by raising the prices their customers pay. So anyone buying their goods or services has to pay more.
    3. They avoid the tax by taking their money elsewhere - usually to another country. So the US loses capital.

Spending is the problem and they just doubled down. Again. I guess you could say they trillioned down.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

And the rest will be paid in higher taxes on the middle class, possibly finally eliminating it, and by the Fed. That freshly printed currency will devalue savings, and devalue wages.

That, combined with what CaptUSA said, ensures the middle class and poor will foot at least 90% of the bill.

Not that those yahoos at Yahoo would report that, even if they understood it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

This is when the problem was spending billions. It doesn't appear the video will show and I don't know why.
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 11-06-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Which they will then pass on to you.

It's the height of stupidity to think the wealthy and corporations are hoarding their money underneath some mattress somewhere.

There's 3 inescapable scenarios here:
    1. They pay the tax by removing their money from their investments and give it to the government. So anyone currently using those investments gets shorted and has to cut back.
    2. They pay the tax by raising the prices their customers pay. So anyone buying their goods or services has to pay more.
    3. They avoid the tax by taking their money elsewhere - usually to another country. So the US loses capital.

Spending is the problem and they just doubled down. Again. I guess you could say they trillioned down.
    I agree, although I never liked the argument that adding a tax on the rich is bad because it will eventually affect everyone else. For example the proposed wealth tax.

It's wrong to steal from one group in principle. If we're going to have taxes they should apply to everyone in an objective way, like a flat tax or a sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree, although I never liked the argument that adding a tax on the rich is bad because it will eventually affect everyone else. For example the proposed wealth tax.

It's wrong to steal from one group in principle. If we're going to have taxes they should apply to everyone in an objective way, like a flat tax or a sales tax.
    Agreed, this is tax discrimination (tax class warfare) which will be paid for in cost of goods sold. The prices of everything is going to go up, especially fossil fuels and transportation that uses that.

Its time for a FLAT TAX as a percentage of income. i.e. everyone pays 22% regardless. Of course, I would rather have zero taxes but you know.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Agreed, this is tax discrimination (tax class warfare) which will be paid for in cost of goods sold. The prices of everything is going to go up, especially fossil fuels and transportation that uses that.

Its time for a FLAT TAX as a percentage of income. i.e. everyone pays 22% regardless. Of course, I would rather have zero taxes but you know.
    My property tax is 10k whether I have an income or not
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Get rid of the income tax altogether and go to a VAT flat tax.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The package would provide $555 billion in tax breaks encouraging cleaner energy and electric vehicles.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Generally speaking income/wealth-based taxes affect everybody equally in the long term. The market adjusts and adapts. If income taxes go up, eventually salaries go up to compensate.

With that said changes in taxes can of course have dramatic short term effects.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Generally speaking income/wealth-based taxes affect everybody equally in the long term. The market adjusts and adapts. If income taxes go up, eventually salaries go up to compensate.

In the long run, we're all dead. Minimum wage hasn't budged in what? ... 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Uneven taxes hurt the overall economy but they can still massively screw over one person and benefit another.

I really hate progressive taxation in any form. It's just wrong.

Uneven taxes hurt the overall economy but they can still massively screw over one person and benefit another.

I really hate progressive taxation in any form. It's just wrong.
    lol - what about REgressive taxation?!! The inflation tax hits lower incomes the hardest!

Spending is the real tax.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    lol - what about REgressive taxation?!! The inflation tax hits lower incomes the hardest!

Spending is the real tax.
    Is progressive taxation morally superior to regressive taxation?

I agree that spending is the total measure of the tax but how you collect it, is still important.

For example suppose you have an island of 100 people and total govt spending is 10,000.

Would it be more fair to tax everyone $100 or to take the entire 10,000 life savings of one guy and let him stave to death?

Besides that an objectively distributed tax has a better chance of limiting spending in the first place.