Thread: Judge orders RELEASE of Jan 6th detainee after surprise inspection found deplorable conditions

Exclamation Judge orders RELEASE of Jan 6th detainee after surprise inspection found deplorable conditions

Judge orders RELEASE of Jan 6th detainee after surprise inspection found deplorable conditions

NOV. 4, 2021 8:35 PM BY THE RIGHT SCOOP

A federal judge has just ordered the release of Christopher Worrell, who was being held in the DC jail after being arrested earlier this year, after a surprise inspection of the facility found what the judge described as deplorable conditions and severe mistreatment of detainees:

DAILY WIRE – Following an impromptu inspection of the D.C. jail, a federal judge has ordered the release of January 6 defendant, Christopher Worrell, over the mistreatment of detainees.

The surprise inspection of the jail by U.S. Marshals took place last month, but the report from the inspection was not made public until Wednesday.

Due to the findings, U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth said he has “‘zero confidence that the D.C. jail’ will provide the treatment correctly and not retaliate against Worrell,” who has cancer, CNN reported Wednesday.

Lamberth called the jail conditions “deplorable” and “beyond belief,” ordering Worrell transferred immediately to another jail and then released home to start cancer treatment, the report outlined.

Some 400 prisoners are being moved out of the jail after the “deplorable” conditions were uncovered. According to CNN, the Marshals’ report found that water was being shutoff in many cells “for punitive reasons” for days at a time, toilets were clogged, and an inmate who had been pepper-sprayed was “unable to wash the spray off for days, leading to an infection.”

The D.C. Department of Corrections staff were “antagonizing detainees” and “directing detainees to not cooperate with” U.S. Marshals during the inspection, the agency said, and “[o]ne DOC staffer was observed telling a detainee to ‘stop snitching.’”

It’s unbelievable that something like this would happen in this day and age. Unaccountable, abusive control over detainees in the nation’s capital could only happen at a jail holding those arrested in the January 6th riot.

That’s right, I said riot. Not an insurrection.

I could be wrong, but I suspect even child molesters are treated better than this by prison facilities around the country.

I’m glad Lamberth intervened here and hopefully heads will roll over this.

Here’s the full statement from the US Marshals on the DC Jail:

https://therightscoop.com/judge-orde...Right+Scoop%29
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Judge should have ordered the release of all detainees instead of just one.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Should put the guards and administrators in there for a couple weeks. See how they like it.
    No - No - No - No

What do you get when you combine the Milgram experiment and the Stanford Prison experiment, and add a whole lot of media and political demonization of the prisoners?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What do you get when you combine the Milgram experiment and the Stanford Prison experiment, and add a whole lot of media and political demonization of the prisoners?
    Pretty much this. One of them got a letter out describing the conditions. Horrific is the word I'll use.