Thread: Politico Requires Journos Push Pro-Israel Propaganda#JimmyDore

Thumbs down Politico Requires Journos Push Pro-Israel Propaganda#JimmyDore

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honesty is refreshing. If you go in knowing it is propaganda then you know what to expect. Kudos to the guy for honesty. If he buys a few more thousand dollar companies for billions of dollars he won't be a billionaire much longer.

I dont really care if they push pro israel propaganda but if you want to pretend to be balanced you should also allow the flip side . If you dont you should have a disclaimer to tell everyone. Most Americns are not really bright enough to understand anything in the East , they dont even see what they've done here .
    Do something Danke

Refreshingly Honest Billionaire Says Media Purchase Will Be Used For Propaganda
    By Caitlin Johnstone

The billionaire CEO of the multibillion-dollar corporation that recently purchased the news media outlet Politico has said that its newly acquired employees will be required to support Israel and the capitalist world order.

In a recent interview with The Wall Street Journal, Mathias Döpfner, CEO of the German publisher Axel Springer, said that Politico staffers will be required to adhere to a set of principles which include “support for a united Europe, Israel’s right to exist and a free-market economy, among others.”

“These values are like a constitution, they apply to every employee of our company,” Mr. Döpfner told WSJ. People with a fundamental problem with any of these principles “should not work for Axel Springer, very clearly,” he said.

I mean, how refreshing is that? How often does a billionaire corporation buy up a media property and just straightforwardly tell you they’re going to be using it to push propaganda? They even say what the propaganda will be. It makes you feel like your intelligence is being respected.

Supporting global capitalism and defending the Israeli apartheid regime are both very standard positions promoted by all billionaire media outlets in the western world; they just aren’t normally honest enough to tell you that. Normally they pretend to be an objective free press reporting truthfully about what’s going on in the world; their executives do not customarily come forward to explain the specific establishment biases its reporters will need to promote if they don’t want to be fired. That sort of thing normally happens a lot more subtly.

Can you imagine if Jeff Bezos had purchased the Washington Post in 2013 and been open about the fact that billionaires need to buy up narrative control to protect the status quo upon which their sprawling kingdoms are built? If he’d just come right out and announced ahead of time all the ugly plutocratic propaganda his outlet would be promoting on his behalf? I think that would have been far better than the feigned objectivity we normally get from these people.

Döpfner is reportedly worth over a billion dollars, and Axel Springer is worth an estimated $6.8 billion. He is married to the daughter of a former management board member of Deutsche Bank. So propagandizing the public in favor of “a free-market economy” as opposed to a centrally planned economy or an economy built to benefit the needful and the environment is a no brainer.

Döpfner has called himself a non-Jewish Zionist, and has long called support for Israel “a German duty.” While I am sure there are better ways for Germany to atone for its past than to back a racist apartheid ethnostate which imprisons a persecuted ethnic and religious demographic in an open air concentration camp to the geostrategic advantage of today’s genocidal imperialist western power based in Washington DC, the transparency is refreshing to hear from someone who will be manipulating public thought on such matters going forward.

And I just think that’s wonderful. If the Germans can spread some of their world-renowned frankness throughout the operation of mass-scale plutocratic propaganda, we’ll all be better off for it.

As soon as someone rises to a certain level of wealth, they very often begin buying up narrative control in the form of media outlets, conveniently placed advertising in news media, PR firms, online platforms, funding for think tanks and NGOs, “philanthropy“, and other ways of manipulating how people think at mass scale. This is because if people weren’t trained how to think about things, they would never consent to allowing so much of the world’s wealth and power to go toward so very few people who are so consistently ill-suited to rule the world for the benefit of everyone.

Plutocrats who fail to manufacture the consent of their subjects have historically wound up with their heads in baskets. That’s why they work so hard to manipulate the way the public thinks, acts and votes, and that’s why our society is as messed up as it is.
    https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2021/10...or-propaganda/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I dont really care if they push pro israel propaganda but if you want to pretend to be balanced you should also allow the flip side . If you dont you should have a disclaimer to tell everyone.
    ^this.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Most Americns are not really bright enough to understand anything in the East , they dont even see what they've done here .
    That may have been true pre-9/11 and pre Iraqi freedom war blunder that Israeli lobby championed; in recent years some shocking trends have been emerging and increasing number of Americans have started to see signs like these on highways:

US taxpayers paid more to Israeli military budget than Israelis

and more dangerously have started to link such financing policies to this:

Shawn Johnson Reveals TSA Agent 'Inappropriately Touched' Her At Airport
    10/13/21

Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops, Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217%

Article is VERY poorly written. It could be taken as almost pure innuendo, given how ham-fisted the sentence structures. There is no clear semantics in evidence.

Fir example, the opening sentence could be interpreted in any of a significant number of ways, each varying widely from the rest. To wit:

...will be required to support Israel and the capitalist world order.
    Is this a good thing? Bad? It is not clear, the true meaning being left to the reader to divine form himself, presumably by either the guess method, the tacit assumption method, or the shove-hand-up-one's-own-butt-and-yank-it-out method.

Terribly written. Horribly. The only think that seems clear, and I emphasize "seems", is that the author is some form of communist $#@!.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

You won't see any journalists that talk about being neutral with Israel.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge