Thread: Unarmed Marine Corps veteran vs. armed thug trying to rob a gas station

Unarmed Marine Corps veteran vs. armed thug trying to rob a gas station

Semper Fi!

This is what happens when an unarmed Marine Corps veteran meets an armed thug attempting to rob a gas station:

Our hero in the video then held the suspect until cops got there. From the Yuma County Sheriff:

Upon arrival, Deputies learned of three suspects entering the Chevron, one of them armed with a handgun. The armed suspect walked next to a store customer while pointing the weapon toward the cashier when the customer acted immediately and disarmed him. The other two suspects fled the area when they witnessed their fellow criminal stopped. The customer was able to detain the suspect he disarmed until law enforcement arrived.

The suspect detained during the incident was a juvenile and was booked into the Yuma County Juvenile Justice Center for one count of armed robbery and one count of aggravated assault.

And this is a great quote:

When Deputies contacted the customer, who previously served in the United States Marine Corps, and asked how he was able to take control of the situation, he stated, “The Marine Corps taught me not to [mess] around.”
    https://thespectator.info/2021/10/22...d-twitchy-com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Semper Fi!
    He is right though that when you're trained to respond to something, or "Not messing around", directing the situation is the most powerful thing one can do in such a situation.
    "I am a bird"

So good to see REAL men in action!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    So good to see REAL men in action!
    Indeed. Soy-bois wouldn't lift a finger to help you if you were being raped on a train. Excepting to activate their camera for tik-tok.

Indeed. Soy-bois wouldn't lift a finger to help you if you were being raped on a train. Excepting to activate their camera for tik-tok.
    Yeah. Of course some on the left will look at this and say "See? The good guy doesn't need a gun to stop the bad guy with a gun." But, as you rightly point out, none of them would actually do that.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yeah. Of course some on the left will look at this and say "See? The good guy doesn't need a gun to stop the bad guy with a gun." But, as you rightly point out, none of them would actually do that.
    Nope. Of course none of them are ex-Marines either. Maybe some Antifa "scratch your eyes out" training. And then only bold when backed by a crowd.

The good guy was extremely lucky that kid's two cohorts either weren't armed, were chickenshits, or both. A thought which, I'm sure, crossed his mind too, probably about the moment he got the perp down.

"Oh, $#@!. The kid was stupid to bring a gun to a judo match, but now that his allies have retreated out of arm's reach, it isn't a judo match any more and I'm unarmed."
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-22-2021 at 08:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

"Oh, $#@!. The kid was stupid to bring a gun to a judo match, but now that his allies have retreated out of arm's reach, it isn't a judo match any more and I'm unarmed."
    LOL
    He has the kids gun,,,, if he needed it. He just Took it from him.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    LOL
    He has the kids gun,,,, if he needed it. He just Took it from him.
    Looked to me like it hit the floor. His car keys certainly did, which was what I was seeing. We have no idea where the gun wound up.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-22-2021 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Some on the left will think the good guy should be prosecuted for assault and some left leaning judge would say the good guy had no standing because it wasn't his business.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Some on the left will think the good guy should be prosecuted for assault and some left leaning judge would say the good guy had no standing because it wasn't his business.
    there is that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The perp with the gun looked like a soy-boi.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yuma County Sheriff to present valor award to former Marine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kilcer.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	667.6 KB 
ID:	8314

YUMA, Ariz. (KYMA, KECY) - The former U.S. Marine who foiled a robbery at a Foothills Chevron station will be officially recognized for his bravery.

Yuma County Sheriff Leon Wilmot announced Friday he'll award James Kilcer the YCSO Citizen's Valor Award next Tuesday morning. The Sheriff's Office says a number of other organizations will recognize Kilcer as well.
    https://kyma.com/news/crime/2021/10/...former-marine/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Task & Purpose was unable to reach Kilcer. Speaking to Fox News host Dana Perino on Friday, Kilcer said that while his military training gave him the muscle memory to respond, he makes a point of always being mentally ready to deal with emergencies.

Kilcer ended the interview with, “And remember: Epstein didn’t kill himself.”
    https://taskandpurpose.com/news/mari...-robber-video/

“And remember: Epstein didn’t kill himself.”
    No $#@!? LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    It was a mostly peaceful armed robbery
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Totally peaceful until that Trump supporting knuckle dragging anti-vax Neanderthal assaulted that customer!

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    We have no idea where the gun wound up.
    With the Yuma County Sheriff I am sure..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Kilcer ended the interview with, “And remember: Epstein didn’t kill himself.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/DanTypo/status/1448096254232342528
    //
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I did fit that description,, long ago..

I believe it was the Bank Manager's description.. (matter of Record)

(1980. Columbia Mo. )
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-23-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom