Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin Shot and Killed Female Cinematographer, Injured Director on Movie Set

Since they have a person that is hired to be in charge of the weapons I would think somebody should swing.

What would be the response if a child found a parents loaded gun, aimed it at someone and shot them dead? Should Baldwin be more capable than a child?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That would explain hiring such an inept armorer.
    It's hollywood, they was probably all screwin'
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Should Baldwin be more capable than a child?
    The internet sometimes doesn't get humor across. Especially for an autistic person like me.

Is this a joke about Baldwin being stupid? Or a serious question?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    The internet sometimes doesn't get humor across. Especially for an autistic person like me.

Is this a joke about Baldwin being stupid? Or a serious question?
    A serious question, considering many of us learned this as children. It was once considered Common Childhood education.

and now someone who makes massive $$$ Producing Entertainment centered around Firearms,,and surrounded by Professionals in the various fields,,and somehow there is a Massive Cluelessness surrounding him..

yes,,it is a serious Question..
    Why was he not in Cuffs? an anti-gun fanatic who just shot 2 people is No Joke.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    A serious question, considering many of us learned this as children. It was once considered Common Childhood education.

and now someone who makes massive $$$ Producing Entertainment centered around Firearms,,and surrounded by Professionals in the various fields,,and somehow there is a Massive Cluelessness surrounding him..

yes,,it is a serious Question..
    Why was he not in Cuffs? an anti-gun fanatic who just shot 2 people is No Joke.
    All of what you're saying is why it really shouldn't be a serious question.

Baldwin should be held accountable. He should not be treated as the equivalent of a child who got their hands on a gun they never should have gotten their hands on. The fact that some other person was supposedly in charge of the weapons doesn't absolve him of any responsibility as the person who deliberately pointed a gun at someone and pulled the trigger.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Having a bottle of whiskey with you, is mandatory, if you want your shooting practice to reflect how you could shoot in a real-life situation.
    Thats why I'm so good . learned to shoot straight as a youngster. As a young man I honed my hunting skills by being able to hit all the hard shots from any position .I n my first eight years in the Army I learned to shoot just as well under less than desirable circumstances , drunk or sober I never miss .
    Do something Danke

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since they have a person that is hired to be in charge of the weapons I would think somebody should swing.

What would be the response if a child found a parents loaded gun, aimed it at someone and shot them dead? Should Baldwin be more capable than a child?
    Ah, trap set. Who will put their foot in?

Baldwin certainly should be more capable than a child. But should he be more culpable?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I love how I can never tell anymore nowadays whether Trump has actually written/said something or not....
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    I love how I can never tell anymore nowadays whether Trump has actually written/said something or not....
    I love how Trump says he's going to prison when he didn't even wear handcuffs for a minute. Now the majority of his Deranged Forces will never believe Baldwin skated, because Trump Said.

That'll keep those particular sheep quiet about the double standard they suffer under.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    DJT will be recorded in history as the greatest troll of all time
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    DJT will be recorded in history as the greatest troll of all time

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The cameras traditionally don't roll between takes, as this was.

If the revolver is period correct, it is unlikely to break open so the cylinders can all be easily checked. It's more likely to have an ejector rod.
    A lot of times they continue to roll, unless a scene requires a "reset" or they need to reposition a camera for a static shot. Odds are tho it probably was not caught on camera.

Anyone remember way back in the day, the movie "The Crow" where Brandon Lee was killed on set? That footage WAS caught on camera, but contrary to the belief of many, was not used in any finalized shots of the movie.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The cameras traditionally don't roll between takes, as this was.

If the revolver is period correct, it is unlikely to break open so the cylinders can all be easily checked. It's more likely to have an ejector rod.
    If this was between takes, why would Baldwin be pointing the gun at anyone and pulling the trigger?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this was between takes, why would Baldwin be pointing the gun at anyone and pulling the trigger?
    Because sacrifices have to be made for the sake of comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Second half of the middle paragraph.. if true... WOW.....

https://twitter.com/DarnelSugarfoo/s...75321816440843
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I love how Trump says he's going to prison when he didn't even wear handcuffs for a minute. Now the majority of his Deranged Forces will never believe Baldwin skated, because Trump Said.

That'll keep those particular sheep quiet about the double standard they suffer under.
    That was a fake statement, I bought it at first though.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Fact check: False claim that Halyna Hutchins tweeted about having evidence on Hillary Clinton
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ins/8545665002
    Kate S. Petersen (28 October 2021)

The claim: Before she died, Halyna Hutchins tweeted she had information that would lead to Hillary Clinton’s arrest

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed on a movie set Oct. 21 after a gun intended as a prop for actor Alec Baldwin discharged a live round instead, according to court records.

According to multiple media reports, Baldwin fired the weapon while rehearsing for a scene after being told it did not contain live rounds.

Within days, an image began circulating online that claimed to show an Oct. 18 tweet from Hutchins. In the purported screenshot, Hutchins is shown saying she had information that would lead to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s arrest. Posts with variations of this image were often accompanied by captions implying Hutchins' death wasn't an accident.

“This is the woman supposedly accidentally killed by Alec Baldwin," said the caption on one Oct. 25 post on Instagram that accumulated 500 likes in a day.

USA TODAY reached out to the Instagram and Facebook users for comment.

Clear indications tweet is fake

The @HalynaHutchins Twitter handle displayed on the post is associated with an account created in April 2021. It features a photo of Hutchins and a link to what appears to be her professional website.

But there are numerous indications the tweet in the post is fabricated.

The circulating post shows a verification checkmark next to Hutchins’ name, but as of Oct. 27, the @HalynaHutchins Twitter page is unverified. The picture on the screenshotted alleged tweet doesn't match the picture on the @HalynaHutchins Twitter page. And most obviously, the Twitter timeline under @HalynaHutchins doesn't show she sent any tweets.

An archived version of the timeline from Oct. 22 similarly shows no tweets.

Clinton is often implicated in baseless QAnon conspiracy theories. USA TODAY has previously debunked false claims that Hillary Clinton had been arrested or imprisoned. For example, false claims circulated on social media that Clinton had been arrested by Navy SEALs and that she was hanged at Guantanamo Bay.

Our rating: Altered

Based on our research, we rate ALTERED a screenshot purporting to show that, before she died, Halyna Hutchins tweeted that she had information that would lead to Hillary Clinton’s arrest. The image that allegedly came from Hutchins's Twitter account shows a verification icon that is not present on the referenced Twitter page and there are no tweets posted on the page or on an archived version of that timeline.

Our fact-check sources:

• USA TODAY, Oct. 22, What we know about 'Rust' shooting: Production on Alec Baldwin film pauses
    • NPR, Oct. 25, Alec Baldwin was practicing for a scene when gun went off, affidavits show
    • Halyna Hutchins, accessed Oct. 25, Website
    • USA TODAY, March 8, Fact check: Hillary Clinton was not arrested by Navy SEALs acting on Trump's order
    • USA TODAY, June 17, Fact check: Hillary Clinton was not hanged at Guantanamo Bay
    • Halyna Hutchins Twitter timeline, captured Oct. 22, Archive.today capture
    • USA TODAY, Jul. 22, 2020, Donald Trump refuses to condemn QAnon: Here's what to know about the far-right conspiracy theory

Our fact-check work is supported in part by a grant from Facebook.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-29-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Fact check: False claim that Halyna Hutchins tweeted about having evidence on Hillary Clinton
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ins/8545665002
    Kate S. Petersen (28 October 2021)

The claim: Before she died, Halyna Hutchins tweeted she had information that would lead to Hillary Clinton’s arrest

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed on a movie set Oct. 21 after a gun intended as a prop for actor Alec Baldwin discharged a live round instead, according to court records.

According to multiple media reports, Baldwin fired the weapon while rehearsing for a scene after being told it did not contain live rounds.

Within days, an image began circulating online that claimed to show an Oct. 18 tweet from Hutchins. In the purported screenshot, Hutchins is shown saying she had information that would lead to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s arrest. Posts with variations of this image were often accompanied by captions implying Hutchins' death wasn't an accident.

“This is the woman supposedly accidentally killed by Alec Baldwin," said the caption on one Oct. 25 post on Instagram that accumulated 500 likes in a day.

USA TODAY reached out to the Instagram and Facebook users for comment.

Clear indications tweet is fake

The @HalynaHutchins Twitter handle displayed on the post is associated with an account created in April 2021. It features a photo of Hutchins and a link to what appears to be her professional website.

But there are numerous indications the tweet in the post is fabricated.

The circulating post shows a verification checkmark next to Hutchins’ name, but as of Oct. 27, the @HalynaHutchins Twitter page is unverified. The picture on the screenshotted alleged tweet doesn't match the picture on the @HalynaHutchins Twitter page. And most obviously, the Twitter timeline under @HalynaHutchins doesn't show she sent any tweets.

An archived version of the timeline from Oct. 22 similarly shows no tweets.

Clinton is often implicated in baseless QAnon conspiracy theories. USA TODAY has previously debunked false claims that Hillary Clinton had been arrested or imprisoned. For example, false claims circulated on social media that Clinton had been arrested by Navy SEALs and that she was hanged at Guantanamo Bay.

Our rating: Altered

Based on our research, we rate ALTERED a screenshot purporting to show that, before she died, Halyna Hutchins tweeted that she had information that would lead to Hillary Clinton’s arrest. The image that allegedly came from Hutchins's Twitter account shows a verification icon that is not present on the referenced Twitter page and there are no tweets posted on the page or on an archived version of that timeline.

Our fact-check sources:

• USA TODAY, Oct. 22, What we know about 'Rust' shooting: Production on Alec Baldwin film pauses
    • NPR, Oct. 25, Alec Baldwin was practicing for a scene when gun went off, affidavits show
    • Halyna Hutchins, accessed Oct. 25, Website
    • USA TODAY, March 8, Fact check: Hillary Clinton was not arrested by Navy SEALs acting on Trump's order
    • USA TODAY, June 17, Fact check: Hillary Clinton was not hanged at Guantanamo Bay
    • Halyna Hutchins Twitter timeline, captured Oct. 22, Archive.today capture
    • USA TODAY, Jul. 22, 2020, Donald Trump refuses to condemn QAnon: Here's what to know about the far-right conspiracy theory

Our fact-check work is supported in part by a grant from Facebook.
    What even is altered?! If it's altered, it's false. If it's not false, it's true. We are truly living in some kind of dystopic nightmare... God save us...

It is too good to be true.

But with that said, they seem to protest too much.

If RPF put on a play and someone here shot another forum member, the shooter would be going to jail immediately regardless if unexplained or unintentional. This is clearly elite privilege.

People are so accustomed to seeing these people above the law that applies to us and not them they do not even realize it.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Banning $#@! is a slippery slope. I know re-enactors from Revolutionary to WWII that use authentic weapons or working reproductions and blanks in their demonstrations. But, they aren't dumbass liberals that point real firearms at others even when loaded with blanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There is no risk, from any firearm, if the Four Cardinal Rules are always followed:

Cardinal Rules of Safe Gun Handling

Always treat all firearms as if they were loaded.

Never allow the muzzle of any firearm to point at anything you are not willing to destroy.

Never put your finger near the trigger until you are ready to fire. Do not depend on any mechanical device for safety.

Always be sure of your target, and what is behind and in front of it.
    Okay. I've not only seen plenty of movies, but I've seen documentaries of civil war re-enactors and it looks to me like the "Never allow the muzzle of any firearm to point at anything you are not willing to destroy" rule violated all the freaking time. And there are all of those movies with the close up shot of the actor with the gun in the face (or in the mouth) of some victim. So....yeah...nope. Not necessary. And these Hollywood freaks should get a taste of their own medicine. Call me biased because I'm still pissed about Brandon Lee's death all these years later. As for the civil war re-enactors, I'm pretty sure when they come on set their bring their own muskets right? So THEY have made sure themselves the gun is clear before the violate AF's cardinal rules. Here's another rule. Don't hand a gun that can possibly fire to a toddler. Treat all actors as toddlers until proven otherwise.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If RPF put on a play and someone here shot another forum member, the shooter would be going to jail immediately regardless if unexplained or unintentional. This is clearly elite privilege.

People are so accustomed to seeing these people above the law that applies to us and not them they do not even realize it.
    That is the exact argument people of color use to justify "white privilege."

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IDK if these details are out yet but what I would assume happened;

Camerawoman looking into camera, director somewhere behind camerawoman.
    Actor points gun at camera, pulls trigger, bullet launches through the camera, through the camerawoman into director.

I do not think he pointed the gun at 'someone' but rather an object (camera) with someone behind it.

I can understand that if you're an actor and have done this for many years, some form of complacency may happen.
    I think, given Baldwin's opinions on guns he at least has moral responsibility. He also has responsibility for the whole show as he's the producer?
    I do not think he should be held responsible for not checking the gun (which in this case would have meant taking out the cartridges, shaking them individually and returning them to the chambers of the revolver). Legally responsible, no. Morally responsible, yes to a degree.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. I've not only seen plenty of movies, but I've seen documentaries of civil war re-enactors and it looks to me like the "Never allow the muzzle of any firearm to point at anything you are not willing to destroy" rule violated all the freaking time. And there are all of those movies with the close up shot of the actor with the gun in the face (or in the mouth) of some victim. So....yeah...nope. Not necessary. And these Hollywood freaks should get a taste of their own medicine. Call me biased because I'm still pissed about Brandon Lee's death all these years later. As for the civil war re-enactors, I'm pretty sure when they come on set their bring their own muskets right? So THEY have made sure themselves the gun is clear before the violate AF's cardinal rules. Here's another rule. Don't hand a gun that can possibly fire to a toddler. Treat all actors as toddlers until proven otherwise.
    You've seen movies and documentaries. Congratulations. You do know that in those situations camera angles can deceive? I KNOW re-enactors. IF you are firing a blank then you aim over the heads of the opposing side. Which, interestingly enough, many actual soldiers did across history when firing live rounds. Seems most humans have an aversion to actually killing other humans. And, yes, war re-enactors are seriously serious about safety. Fanatics about it. Ass-hatting shuts down what they have chosen to do to bring history to life. As far as the gun in the mouth. Sure. It happens. But, if I were an actor, or the $#@!ing "armorer," I'd damn well make sure the gun was cleared and the firing pin was removed, or the hammer filed down, before I let you stick it in my mouth. And you are 100% correct about treating actors like toddlers. THIS is the "armorers" job.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    They have rubber guns to point at each other, the ones that shoot blanks are replicas that they switch out for the shot. Most gun fights have been CGI for a while as well.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://twitter.com/DiamondandSilk/s...55867442397196

The SUV did it ...

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1466113093411524611

Alec Baldwin “what could I have done

You could have checked the damn gun yourself!
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The SUV did it ...

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1466113093411524611
    How was that an accident? How did a gun fire without the trigger being pulled? This requires some liberal thinking skills.

How was that an accident? How did a gun fire without the trigger being pulled? This requires some liberal thinking skills.
    Another evil gun "just went off". /sarc
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast