Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck driver shortage?

Truck driver shortage?

Don't worry government's here to help..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I surmise there will be many more shortages.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If there is a shortage, I assume it would be Trump's fault
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

There are never shortages of employees.

There are shortages of employees who will work for the pay and working conditions offered.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    There are never shortages of employees.

There are shortages of employees who will work for the pay and working conditions offered.
    And that's just it...trucking is a rough way to make a living.

Long hours, uneven pay, cops, idiot drivers, weather are just some of the aggravations.

It's dangerous, much more dangerous than being a cop or "first responder".

And, while the video is a little convoluted, I know exactly what they are doing: they did it to us mariners 20 years ago.

Prior to this new fatwa, you could go and pass the written test, get a CDP, and have a buddy who has a truck who lets you drive and practice, and take a road test and be done.

Now you're going to have to pay thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of dollars to attend "school" with no other way to get to CDL license level.

Sailors called that "hawsepiping" and they cut that off to guys like me, who never went to a $250,000 four year maritime academy.

I was looking into driving commercially as a second/retirement career.

Not now...$#@! 'em...let Stevie Soyboy go learn to drive a truck.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sailors called that "hawsepiping" and they cut that off to guys like me, who never went to a $250,000 four year maritime academy.
    250k to become a sailor ??? What ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Don't worry government's here to help..

So bottom line, they are going to make truck drivers jump through as many hoops as doctors and lawyers. That won’t limit the employee pool much.

He forgot to mention the key exception. Illegal migrant drivers are exempt from all rules, requirements and regulations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So bottom line, they are going to make truck drivers jump through as many hoops as doctors and lawyers. That won’t limit the employee pool much.

He forgot to mention the key exception. Illegal migrant drivers are exempt from all rules, requirements and regulations.
    They'll either be exempt or just ignore them.

Following the "rules" is for Gringo Suckeros.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    250k to become a sailor ??? What ?
    Yeah, a four year degree at any of the good Merchant Marine Academies in the US will run you about $250,000 once all the dust settles.

And you'll only come out of that with a Third Mate or Third Assistant Engineer's license.

You got another 10 years of sea time and an additional $100,000 of post graduate training and classes to take, to get to Master or Chief Engineer of any tonnage.

Well af's explanation might explain so many foreign flagged shipping from countries that you might not expect.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well af's explanation might explain so many foreign flagged shipping from countries that you might not expect.
    To a certain extent it does, but these fatwas are global, imposed by the UN/IMO.

The difference is you can go to an academy in Philippines or Belarus for a tenth of what the US academies cost.

Young people don't want to drive trucks OTR. It's a $#@!ty job with long hours and you are never home. The pay offered is nowhere near worth it.

Yeah, a four year degree at any of the good Merchant Marine Academies in the US will run you about $250,000 once all the dust settles.

And you'll only come out of that with a Third Mate or Third Assistant Engineer's license.

You got another 10 years of sea time and an additional $100,000 of post graduate training and classes to take, to get to Master or Chief Engineer of any tonnage.
    another aspect of things changing..
    My two elder brothers both worked the Boats.. Deckhands.

2nd oldest was a pilot before moving to the Keys.

I don't remember any "academy".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

go driverless.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    another aspect of things changing..
    My two elder brothers both worked the Boats.. Deckhands.

2nd oldest was a pilot before moving to the Keys.

I don't remember any "academy".
    You can still "hawsepipe" your way up.

It takes a lifetime of going to sea and you'll still be on the hook for about $100,000 of training and classes.

I reckon they will close that route completely in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

go driverless.
    That's our future.

Billions of aimless, hopeless, worthless meat sacks, milling about smartly, waiting for our ruler's bio-engineered plague to kill us all.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's our future.

Billions of aimless, hopeless, worthless meat sacks, milling about smartly, waiting for our ruler's bio-engineered plague to kill us all.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I would love to drive a truck if they didn't drug test for herb.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They will allow or even mandate medical professionals to stay and work unreasonable hours without rest. Truck drivers are limited on the hours and miles they can drive. They pay per mile but oftentimes nothing for waiting hours and hours to get loaded or unloaded.

Tip for the US Navy:

Maybe you should send those people who steer and navigate your boats to one of these maritime academies so they won't hit or pull out in front of ships that are sailing where they should.

Obviously, the maritime graduates from China, Belarus, etc know how to stay in their lane and it would save the US taxpayer alot of $$$$.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 10-22-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Tip for the US Navy:

Maybe you should send those people who steer and navigate your boats to one of these maritime academies so they won't hit or pull out in front of ships that are sailing where they should.

Obviously, the maritime graduates from China, Belarus, etc know how to stay in their lane and it would save the US taxpayer alot of $$$$.
    Will it eliminate the attitude?

Several months ago a cop in Texas parked his vehicle on a railroad track and ran off chasing someone. When he got back he was surprised to find his Ford Explorer was shaped like a banana. "I thought they'd stop," he said, just as though trains don't weigh multiple thousands of tons.

These people are exempt from man-made laws, and stupid enough to think they're exempt from the laws of physics too.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-22-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why not stop using the herb? It's not essential, you know.

That's our future.

Eventually a UBI probably will become a necessity just for the state to avoid being toppled by the masses.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Speaking of ships...

Yesterday was the 46th anniversary:

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Why not stop using the herb? It's not essential, you know.
    I have lived most of my life with Depression..

Cannabis is the very best medication.. It calms the mental Chaos..

I consider it a Gift from God,, and I would be foolish to refuse what He has given for health.
    Also helps with the common pains of growing old,, and prevents the debilitation of Alzheimer.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I have lived most of my life with Depression..

Cannabis is the very best medication.. It calms the mental Chaos..

I consider it a Gift from God,, and I would be foolish to refuse what He has given for health.
    Also helps with the common pains of growing old,, and prevents the debilitation of Alzheimer.
    I was addressing Danno, who wants to drive trucks.

I was addressing Danno, who wants to drive trucks.
    I drove many vehicles while Transporting what they are testing for..

Sold a lot of Truckers Whites too.

Testing for substances in Legal States is Pure Stupidity as you eliminate your best employees..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I drove many vehicles while Transporting what they are testing for..

Sold a lot of Truckers Whites too.

Testing for substances in Legal States is Pure Stupidity as you eliminate your best employees..
    Stoned truck drivers? I disapprove. By all means let them indulge when they're not behind the wheel.

Stoned truck drivers? I disapprove. By all means let them indulge when they're not behind the wheel.
    The ones falling asleep are a far bigger danger (and statistic) than the ones Staying Awake.

The Calm ones don't run over little annoying idiots all day long.

BTW,, I am also old enough to have driven a truck on the old 7 mile bridge.

Last edited by pcosmar; 11-11-2021 at 03:02 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You should know how to beat tests by now.

I am unemployable for reasons beyond my control.. and too old to care about it anymore.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast