Thread: ‘TRUTH Social’: Donald Trump Launching New Social Media App

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

‘TRUTH Social’: Donald Trump Launching New Social Media App

‘TRUTH Social’: Donald Trump Launching New Social Media App

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/...ial-media-app/

PAUL BOIS 20 Oct 2021

In response to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube deplatforming him, former President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday that he will be launching a new social media app.

The announcement of the app comes after Trump Media and Technology Group and Digital World Acquisition Group entered into a merger “to form a new company, chaired by the former president,” reported ABC News, which noted:

The company was formed using a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC, which the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website says is a ‘popular vehicle for various transactions, including transitioning a company from a private company to a publicly traded company’.

The newly formed company will soon be launching the social media platform TRUTH Social, which was billed in a press release as “a rival to the liberal media consortium.”

“Trump Media & Technology Group’s mission is to create a rival to the liberal media consortium and fight back against the ‘Big Tech’ companies of Silicon Valley, which have used their unilateral power to silence opposing voices in America,” the release said.

A beta version of the platform will be available to invited guests come November.

“We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced,” Trump said in a statement.

Earlier this year, the president disappointed fans and followers when he teased about launching a new media platform that turned out to be little more than a blog once unveiled. Less than one month after it launched, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump” went offline.

“It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on,” Trump senior aide Jason Miller said at the time.

According to the Palm Beach Post, the company also “intends to launch a subscription video on-demand service” that will “feature ‘non-woke’ entertainment programming, news, podcasts, and more.”

Shortly after the Capitol Hill riot on January 6, social media giants Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube removed Trump from their platforms, giving no indication that he would ever return.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When this makes Trump richer than God he will be bashed for making money from it. This is what it will take to get Big Tech to be answerable to the people. Anything Trump must be eradicated.

“Trump Media & Technology Group’s mission is to create a rival to the liberal media consortium and fight back against the ‘Big Tech’ companies of Silicon Valley, which have used their unilateral power to silence opposing voices in America,” the release said.
    If I correctly recall, it was Trumptard’s sheep who allowed all of this to happen. Yes, of course, Biden is evil, mandating this and that. But when Trump (R) funded/TARP’d the corrupt globalist pharmaceutical industrial complex, started a brand new Federal Agency OWS, promised Bill Gates tax payer money and hiring Gates’ stooges, MUM was the word, and they were very excited for the Trumpvaccinne.

I will utilize the free market and not support the NY Lib’s new platform. Though, there are still many useful idiots who will support his endeavor.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    If I correctly recall, it was Trumptard’s sheep who allowed all of this to happen. Yes, of course, Biden is evil, mandating this and that. But when Trump (R) funded/TARP’d the corrupt globalist pharmaceutical industrial complex, started a brand new Federal Agency OWS, promised Bill Gates tax payer money and hiring Gates’ stooges, MUM was the word, and they were very excited for the Trumpvaccinne.

I will utilize the free market and not support the NY Lib’s new platform. Though, there are still many useful idiots who will support his endeavor.
    Here's the thing with this... Instead of setting up separate echo chambers on the same platform, we'll now have echo chambers on separate platforms. Yay!

It just moves the "issue" up-stream. So then, you'll have separate echo platforms being hosted on the same servers. Then, they'll go after the servers harder.

Maybe, though, this will eventually end up with separate economies operating in isolation. This might not be a bad thing. If it remains with the two false narratives, though, that'll be disappointing. We'll be the small minority that dip in and out of both of these economies depending on what we're after - most people will just choose one and will never even be exposed to the other. Talk about a "virtual" civil war.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Here's the thing with this... Instead of setting up separate echo chambers on the same platform, we'll now have echo chambers on separate platforms. Yay!
    Separation is always a good thing. Economic/political/physical, it's all intertwined.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I will utilize the free market and not support the NY Lib’s new platform.
    I will gladly support the NY Lib's new platform, anything to support the schism that has formed and help it grow.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Trading in Trump-linked SPAC Digital World Acquisition halted briefly, shares soar 160%

Related: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/21/trum...edia-deal.html

Trading in the stock of SPAC company Digital World Acquisition Corp. was briefly halted Thursday because of volatility after its price skyrocketed on extremely heavy trading volume after news of a merger that would launch former President Donald Trump’s planned social media platform.

DWAC’s stock was up by more than 100% at one point before the halt just before noon ET. When trading was resumed minutes later, the stock price continued rising, by as much as 160% higher on the day.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

@jmdrake if Trump is serious about this endeavor, I bet he's hiring
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, up 350% yesterday.
    MAGA fever back in play ?

Trump SPAC surged more than 350% to close Thursday

Trump SPACHalted multiple times as stock jumps again in volatile trading

Published Fri, Oct 22 20218:27 AM EDT Updated 45 Min Ago
    Yun Li@YunLi626

• Digital World Acquisition Corp., the SPAC that is taking former President Trump’s planned social media platform public, soared Friday following a massive rally in the previous session.
    • The SPAC, which trades under the ticker DWAC on the Nasdaq, jumped more than 100%.
    • The ticker was among the most popular mentions on Reddit’s WallStreetBets, which indicated that DWAC could be having a meme stock moment like GameStop and AMC.
    • Phunware, the advertising software startup involved with Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign, jumped in unison with DWAC.

SPAC that plans to take Trump’s social media company public sees shares soar
    Digital World Acquisition Corp., the SPAC that is taking former President Donald Trump’s planned social media platform public, soared Friday following a massive rally in the previous session.
    Trading in the stock was halted due to volatility multiple times Friday. The SPAC, which trades under the ticker DWAC on the Nasdaq, skyrocketed 216% at one point and last traded up nearly 120%. The stock surged more than 350% to close Thursday at $35.54 in explosive trading volume and volatility.
    cnbc.com/2021/10/22/trump-social-media-spac-digital-world-acquisition-corp-surges-another-100percent.html

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    When this makes Trump richer than God he will be bashed for making money from it. This is what it will take to get Big Tech to be answerable to the people. Anything Trump must be eradicated.
    More like when it never launches or fails in less than a year, we will all laugh at Trump. Maybe he can file for bankruptcy yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    More like when it never launches or fails in less than a year, we will all laugh at Trump. Maybe he can file for bankruptcy yet again.
    Likely outcome. This is where I would place my bet.

I am, however, hoping it does work out. If for no other reason than a big $#@! you, to, well, everything.
    - Kim Kardashian

How A Licensing Violation Could Shut Down Trump’s New Social Media Site
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...0%28TPMNews%29
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Likely outcome. This is where I would place my bet.

I am, however, hoping it does work out. If for no other reason than a big $#@! you, to, well, everything.
    I'm hoping it works out just so he'll be preoccupied instead of running for President again.