Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
What a difference a fortnight makes, eh? I got a notification from a company that sits between me and the client I've been working with -- remotely -- for the last 2+ years. Basically, the work food chain for me on this gig is:

Me (1099 independent) > consulting group that has partner relationships with a bunch of megacorps > megacorp > client

"megacorp" sent me an email with the due date of 29 Nov to show proof of jab. This isn't just for on-site, it's for "all associates." They allow exceptions like medical or religious, but my stance is "my medical records are private." So I'll probably lose opportunities through that megacorp. The working relationship with the megacorp goes back to 2016 when I initially went independent. So far (like your Peak), my relationship with the consulting group is still intact.

Eff 'em though. Their scorched-earth segregationalist policies will lose eventually. I've known this was always a possibility and I'm ready to start building the parallel/replacement tech economy.
Wow! I had another gig that was $600 over 3 days that I politely turned down over vaccination.