Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So....the vaccine mandate has now affected me...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So....the vaccine mandate has now affected me...

I freelance tech work to help make ends meet. Installing computers, networks, fixing TVs, fixing washing machines, putting up those cardboard "standee" displays and movie theatres, I've done a little of everything. (I need to remind myself that I do NOT fix laptops and printers.)

Anyway....I just got the following email.

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are currently working or have recently worked or are scheduled to work on an assignment with Peak at an HP account. HP has notified us of a change in policy as it relates to the Covid 19 Vaccine. Please see the policy below:

Additionally from HP with regards to medical or religious exemptions:

HP’s policy states that any employee or subcontractors visiting a customer site MUST be vaccinated. Negative Covid tests are not a substitute.
    If a Subcontractor receives an exemption FROM THEIR EMPLOYER (not from HP) – that subcontractor will NOT be allowed to perform customer facing work for HP.

If you are unable to receive the Covid Vaccine please inform me promptly and Peak will attempt to reassign you to an appropriate position based your skill set and compensation that does not have a Covid Vaccine requirement.

Please respond to this email or call me directly to inform me of your vaccine status. We will also require proof of vaccination. You may attach a picture of your vaccination card to your email response or contact me to schedule a time for a visual inspection. If you are in a state that offers a centralized system for tracking vaccine status such as CLEAR or Excelsior Pass and would prefer we gather validation through those systems please respond with the system and necessary information.

As a reminder, this is an HP mandate, not a Peak mandate. Peak does not currently have a mandate related to vaccinations and will continue to monitor federal and state mandates/ordinances to guide decisioning in this matter.

We look forward to your prompt response.

Thank you,

XXXXX XXXXX

Director of Operations

Peak Systems

To which I responded....

Hello. As a matter of conscience and science I cannot take the COVID-19 vaccine. This mandate
    is unconstitutional and immoral. Further Dr. Fauci himself admitted that vaccinated people who have
    breakthrough cases are just as likely to spread COVID as the unvaccinated. I have recovered from
    COVID and the study from the Cleveland Clinic concluded that there is no benefit
    for taking the vaccine if you have had COVID and recovered.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...nic-study.aspx

Further a study from Israel shows immunity for those who have recovered from COVID is 13 times
    better than those who did not have COVID but were fully vaccinated.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/study-...than-vaccines/

Please do not consider me for any assignments where any employers are requiring a COVID-19 vaccine or any other vaccine. Have a good day and God save America from the tyrant occupying the Whitehouse. I did not vote for Trump, but I would take him over our current president any day and I am African American. It's been a pleasure working for you and your company in the past, and if this is the end of the road I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

My Full Name

And yes, I meant every word of it, including preferring Trump to Biden. (@Anti Federalist and @Swordsmyth while I don't regret NOT voting for the man, living in a solidly red state where my presidential vote doesn't matter anyway, I do agree that he was slightly less bad than the jackass we have. But that ain't saying much.) I'll be all right. There are a lot of other companies offering me similar work. And I been telling myself I need to get out of the field technician business anyway. It's often a pain in the arse. I need to get back into web development and do it remotely where I don't have to worry about coming face to face with some idiot who thinks that getting Merika to 90% vaccination will somehow end the pandemic when the vaccines are only 30 to 60 percent effective and preventing infection and not effective at all and preventing the vaccinated who get infected from spreading COVID.

/rant
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-18-2021 at 06:21 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    here's to better more free days
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I am sorry to hear that. They have to know that there is no better way to piss off a man than to harm the way he feeds his family. I have been affected too and my gut has been in a knot for the last couple months,

We just got a similar email today, thanks to the new "equity investment firm" that bought into our little company and the DC based CEO we inherited. The mandate is for employees to meet each other or others outside the office like potential customers, or to work in the office.
    I recently moved to IT so the majority of my work can be done from home. I kept that office going since March of last year, being the only one who had to go in to the office every day, streamlining the shipping department and inventory process in the meantime.
    The person I handed my job off to also is unvaccinated and swears she won't get the shot, but we'll see...
    My wife heard about a friendly doctor at her health food store as I am going for either a medical exemption or a leave me the $#@! at home exemption, but I am absolutely not getting the shot..
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

$#@! HP and $#@! fixing printers.. I'm with you on both of those. Not in my job description.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So far it's only affected me in that about 5 months ago they said everybody was coming back to work, and if you aren't vaxxed you have to wear a mask. I told them I would continue to work from home.

They had three breakthrough cases, including one in my department of a vaxxed youngster who was out for over 2 weeks.

Then they required everybody wear a mask. Then eventually they sent a bunch of people to work from home again.

If this 100+ worker mandate goes through, will be interesting to see what happens, especially since I'm working remotely.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I had been given approval to work remote, but my former employer required it. Note: if they ask for your vaccine status, it is because they are taking a headcount and planning accordingly to replace you. I walked as soon as I saw what United Airlines was doing. My new employer didn't even ask upfront for it--that's when you know you are good to go. Family run business I might add.

That being said, I did have a part-time job to fall back on. Start getting ready now--Winter is coming.
    Last edited by Liberty's Golden X; 10-26-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Make those bastards pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a lawyiar I would have counselled leaving Fauci out of your response. Stick to science, or religious beliefs.

I would have lied. I don't give two $#@!s about the government or big tech anymore and have zero qualms about lying to either.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I would have lied. I don't give two $#@!s about the government or big tech anymore and have zero qualms about lying to either.
    Hell no to lying about this. I'm actually turning down tech gigs these days so there's no shortage. And it's the fact that not enough people are vocally standing up against this travesty that's the reason why it's continuing.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    As a lawyiar I would have counselled leaving Fauci out of your response. Stick to science, or religious beliefs.
    You forget. Dr. Fauci = science. He said so himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And yes, I meant every word of it, including preferring Trump to Biden. (@Anti Federalist and @Swordsmyth while I don't regret NOT voting for the man, living in a solidly red state where my presidential vote doesn't matter anyway, I do agree that he was slightly less bad than the jackass we have. But that ain't saying much.) I'll be all right. There are a lot of other companies offering me similar work. And I been telling myself I need to get out of the field technician business anyway. It's often a pain in the arse. I need to get back into web development and do it remotely where I don't have to worry about coming face to face with some idiot who thinks that getting Merika to 90% vaccination will somehow end the pandemic when the vaccines are only 30 to 60 percent effective and preventing infection and not effective at all and preventing the vaccinated who get infected from spreading COVID.
    @jmdrake

I wish the notification had worked, I may have missed this.

I take zero, and I mean zero pleasure or schadenfreude at your comment.

I wish that I had been utterly wrong in what I perceived to be coming down the pike back in 2019.

Resident Biden, or rather the people pulling his strings: I suspect Susan Rice, Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders and their retreads and minions, mostly, have done more damage and moved more quickly to push the Marxist revolution forward than even I imagined possible. This may not be recoverable from.

That said, bravo on taking a stand for freedom, and I sincerely hope that everything works out for you and yours.

If there is anything I can do that may be of assistance, let me know.

Here's hoping that we all can make it through this ongoing nightmare.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

This probably won't help in this situation where there is no mentioning of any government mandate...

According to Jon Rappoport, there is no Biden EO to mandate the dangerous COVID vaccines for non-government employees (for companies with more than 100 employees):
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...ccine-mandate/
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This probably won't help in this situation where there is no mentioning of any government mandate...

According to Jon Rappoport, there is no Biden EO to mandate the dangerous COVID vaccines for non-government employees (for companies with more than 100 employees):
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...ccine-mandate/
    Yeah. I saw a news report on this somewhere. Basically the rules have not been promulgated yet which means that they can't be challenged in court but Biden put this out there in order to pressure businesses, who don't like uncertainty, to go ahead and do them mandates on their own. What business is going to stand up against this with the full weight of the propaganda media going against them and, according to polls (which may be fake) a majority of Mericans supporting the mandates?

What business is going to stand up against this with the full weight of the propaganda media going against them and, according to polls (which may be fake) a majority of Mericans supporting the mandates?
    Intel for one. They're the biggest one I know of. There are many others.

There's a lot of pressure pushing on both sides of the scale. Even if it seems to be tilting one way. I wouldn't underestimate the force of the economic pressures companies face not to mandate vaccines. And with every month that passes, the arguments in favor of them will have less and less weight (assuming that the feds never do end up issuing the threatened private employer mandate).

At this point, I think one of the strongest psychological reasons for pro-vaccine mandate people to be so stubborn about it is the fallacy of sunk costs. They can't bear the thought of how disastrous their policies were if they admit that they didn't have the benefits promised. At some point, this fact will be generally accepted. Perhaps, as with the case of WMD's in Iraq, the guilty will just try to quietly move on and dodge questions about what they will by that time be able to characterize as old news.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    At this point, I think one of the strongest psychological reasons for pro-vaccine mandate people to be so stubborn about it is the fallacy of sunk costs. They can't bear the thought of how disastrous their policies were if they admit that they didn't have the benefits promised. At some point, this fact will be generally accepted. Perhaps, as with the case of WMD's in Iraq, the guilty will just try to quietly move on and dodge questions about what they will by that time be able to characterize as old news.
    Agreed. But I think it may be 20 years before people start to realize what a colossal mistake all of this was.

"Climate of Opinion" is a hard thing to turn. The human race has always gone through these periods where this is a dominate opinion that conflicts with morality, but because the opinion dominates, it's hard for people to recognize it as immoral. Especially, when the people who hold that opinion have claimed the moral high ground and shame any opposition.

Eventually, it'll turn around, but it can take a LONG time. (Think human slavery, church-states, crusades, holocausts, wars of convenience, etc.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

What business is going to stand up against this with the full weight of the propaganda media going against them and, according to polls (which may be fake) a majority of Mericans supporting the mandates?
    SAN FRANCISCO CLOSES IN-N-OUT BURGER AFTER DEFYING CITY’S VACCINE RULE

In-N-Out Burger’s Chief Legal and Business Officer, Arnie Wensinger, is set to release a statement after the San Francisco Department of Health closed one of the Top California Burger Restaurant’s locations.

“Today, the San Francisco Department of Health closed our restaurant…” he wrote. According to Wensingers statement, In-N-Out Burger employees were allegedly “not preventing the entry of customers who were not carrying proper vaccination documentation.”

Beyond the famous California institution’s location “properly and clearly” posting signage to communicate local vaccination requirements, the SFDH has attempted to require In-N-Out Burger employees to act as health police and enforcement personnel for the city.

He explains, “After closing our restaurant, local regulators informed us that our restaurant Associates must actively intervene by demanding proof of vaccination and photo identification from every customer…barring entry for any Customers without proper documentation.”

Wensigner opened up further in the statement saying they are committed to the highest level of customer service & making all feel welcome.

“We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government. It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant associates to segregate customers,” wrote Wensigner.
    https://thehighwire.com/news/san-fra...VhuG1mOB-x46eM

Last edited by CaptUSA; 10-19-2021 at 09:34 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

That's what a hamburger's all about.

The company you do work for, Peak, seems very solid in their reaction.
    Reading through the lines it seems they do not want any of this unless it's forced on them.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's what a hamburger's all about.
    Relocate to the Mexico border.

That is quite strongly worded. Not long ago I was told at a restaurant I was not allowed to use the toilet or sit inside. But that is not discrimination; because you have the 'freedom' to get tested beforehand. Apparently.
    "I am a bird"

+rep
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.

Great job, JM!

EVERYONE needs to do this. At every point! (Here's mine: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...64#post7062564)

If anyone in here gets a notice of any sort, be sure to push back HARD! Do NOT make it comfortable for businesses to do this. Remind them of the value you have provided them and the future value they stand to lose. Remind them of the lawsuits coming their way. Remind them of anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, and anti-retaliatory laws. Be respectful, but be LOUD. Do NOT comply. Do NOT voluntarily quit - make them fire you or terminate your contract. If you must quit of terminate on your own, be VERY clear about the reason they are losing you.

There are lots of us! We need to make our voices heard. If not our voices, then our feet - by walking away. They are behaving unethically, but if people make it easy for them, why would they stop?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again."
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

I need to get back into web development and do it remotely
    Wise decision. There remains a huge market for it.

You sound like someone who's instinct is to go-it-alone freelancing in web dev. My advice: don't. You'll find yourself with $#@!ty customers, $#@!ty pay competing with india, and you'll work twice as hard for 1/4th the pay. (1/4th or 1/10th or even literally 1/20th)

Much better to join some kind of consulting company (big or small) and if flexible hours are important to you, it's usually not hard to negotiate that.

And whatever you think your hourly rate should be: double it.

Other option if ur "good" enough is of course FAANG and in a few years you can hire AF to drive your yacht(s). (at the cost of selling your soul to leftism)
    Last edited by TheTexan; 10-19-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

He explains, “After closing our restaurant, local regulators informed us that our restaurant Associates must actively intervene by demanding proof of vaccination and photo identification from every customer…barring entry for any Customers without proper documentation.”
    LOL Kalifornia is funny
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The segregationists always lose in the long run.

But in the short run, it can be a PITA. Here's an email I got from one of my basketball groups recently:

Basketball

Hey Guys. We are playing ball Monday and Thursday at <redacted> Baptist Church. 12:15.

Must show proof of vaccine. Mask in lobby. Anyone want to play.
    Heh, a church with a vax mandate! No matter, I was fixing to retire from basketball anyway. A turned ankle or cracked rib puts me in contact with "medical professionals" and that's pretty much the last thing I want right now. More golf, more orienteering.

I also have a brother that lives two blocks from me. I haven't been in his house since early 2020 and he's refused to come in mine since then as well. We used to carpool to golf before the jabs were available but now he won't ride with me. The delta, you know. He only rides with vaxxed folks.

It's hard to watch loved ones flush a couple years of their lives (and counting) down the fear toilet, but those are the choices people make sometimes.

@jmdrake; if you find more tech doors closing, hit me up. No promises, but the group I work with is always looking for talent and right now, I'm not seeing any mandates like you describe.
    Last edited by cjm; 10-20-2021 at 06:44 PM. Reason: fixed date - thx danno!
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    The segregationists always lose in the long run.

But in the short run, it can be a PITA. Here's an email I got from one of my basketball groups recently:

Heh, a church with a vax mandate! No matter, I was fixing to retire from basketball anyway. A turned ankle or cracked rib puts me in contact with "medical professionals" and that's pretty much the last thing I want right now. More golf, more orienteering.

I also have a brother that lives two blocks from me. I haven't been in his house since early 2000 and he's refused to come in mine since then as well. We used to carpool to golf before the jabs were available but now he won't ride with me. The delta, you know. He only rides with vaxxed folks.

It's hard to watch loved ones flush a couple years of their lives (and counting) down the fear toilet, but those are the choices people make sometimes.

@jmdrake; if you find more tech doors closing, hit me up. No promises, but the group I work with is always looking for talent and right now, I'm not seeing any mandates like you describe.
    Thanks! I will PM you.

Thanks! I will PM you.
    What a difference a fortnight makes, eh? I got a notification from a company that sits between me and the client I've been working with -- remotely -- for the last 2+ years. Basically, the work food chain for me on this gig is:

Me (1099 independent) > consulting group that has partner relationships with a bunch of megacorps > megacorp > client

"megacorp" sent me an email with the due date of 29 Nov to show proof of jab. This isn't just for on-site, it's for "all associates." They allow exceptions like medical or religious, but my stance is "my medical records are private." So I'll probably lose opportunities through that megacorp. The working relationship with the megacorp goes back to 2016 when I initially went independent. So far (like your Peak), my relationship with the consulting group is still intact.

Eff 'em though. Their scorched-earth segregationalist policies will lose eventually. I've known this was always a possibility and I'm ready to start building the parallel/replacement tech economy.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast