Thread: NYC: Red Bill DeBlasio gives Thomas Jefferson the boot from City Hall

Exclamation NYC: Red Bill DeBlasio gives Thomas Jefferson the boot from City Hall

God damn John Booth.

De Blasio booting Founding Father Jefferson from City Hall

https://nypost.com/2021/10/13/de-bla...rom-city-hall/

By Julia Marsh
    October 13, 2021 12:20pm Updated

This Founding Father will no longer be in “the room where it happens” — thanks to Bill de Blasio.

The mayor, who has just three months left in office, is quietly banishing a statue of Thomas Jefferson from City Hall — where it has resided for the past 187 years, The Post has learned.

The city’s Public Design Commission — comprised of mayoral appointees — has listed “the long term loan” of the 1833 painted plaster Council Chambers statue of the Declaration of Independence author to the New-York Historical Society on its “consent” agenda for Monday.

The consent designation means the historic statue’s removal is not scheduled for public debate. The 11-member design commission will vote on de Blasio’s Jefferson exile after reviewing public comments, a City Hall spokesman said.

Meanwhile, a replica of the statue by sculptor Pierre-Jean David is still on display in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, DC.

The terms of the loan to the historical society for the Jefferson, which was gifted to City Hall by naval officer and Jefferson admirer Uriah Phillips Levy in 1834, are still being negotiated.

But Councilman I. Daneek Miller (D-Queens), who’s been pushing to boot Jefferson, said the loan is “indefinite.”

Miller said he expects the statue to be gone by Oct. 21, the City Council’s next body-wide meeting.

At least one council member wasn’t pleased with Jefferson’s banishment.

“The de Blasio administration will continue the progressive war on history as he, himself, fades away into a portrait on a City Hall wall,” Councilman Joe Borelli (R-Staten Island) told The Post.

“I hope he is at least gone a couple hundred years before someone cancels him,” Borelli said.

Reps for the historical society didn’t immediately return requests for comment.

“The city would still own the plaster model, and the historical society would include it in educational exhibits and provide valuable historical context,” a mayoral spokesman said.

The planned move comes after the mayor charged his wife, first lady Chirlane McCray, with deciding the sculpture’s fate as head of the Commission on Racial Justice and Reconciliation.

Her appointment came in June 2020 — following George Floyd’s death at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer and a day after several City Council members asked the mayor to remove Jefferson’s likeness from the council chambers because the nation’s third president owned slaves.

“There’s so much about Thomas Jefferson and his own personal writings, memoirs about how he treated his slaves, his family members and things of that nature and how he perceived African Americans and slaves — that they lacked intelligence, that they were not to assimilate into society,” Miller told The Post.

“For us to really highlight such an individual is really not who we are as a council,” Miller said.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not surprised they're coming after Jefferson. He was the culmination of Enlightenment philosophy which turned the thinking into real action, thereby liberating billions of people around the globe in the last 250 years.

In other words, the world's worst criminal to the elite central planners.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Not surprised they're coming after Jefferson. He was the culmination of Enlightenment philosophy which turned the thinking into real action, thereby liberating billions of people around the globe in the last 250 years.

In other words, the world's worst criminal to the elite central planners.
    Absolutely.

There is one thing that can turn their brainwashed, undead followers, and that is for wokeness to turn out not to be the edgy, futuristic modernity it's sold as being.

'About the Declaration there is a finality that is exceedingly restful. It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern. But that reasoning can not be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final.

'No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people. Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.'--Calvin Coolidge
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-14-2021 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Those familiar with me know that I have no truck with the likes of DeBlasio or the Woke (all of whom, as far as I am concerned, can go $#@! themselves with rusty spikes). But you don't get to have a society that was based, for hundreds of years, on abject human chattel slavery without there being some very nasty long-term consequences. The deranged insanities of "social justice" we are witnessing today are among those consequences.

Thomas Jefferson himself even predicted this was going to happen:

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever: that considering numbers, nature and natural means only, a revolution of the wheel of fortune, an exchange of situation, is among possible events: that it may become probable [...[ The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in such a contest.
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia

Which is really just another way of saying:

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." -- Galatians 6:7

Or in a mere three words:

"Karma's a bitch." -- unknown

("... yea, unto the seventh generation ...")
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

They better not be going after any Grover Cleveland statues next. He was the last Democrat of the Jefferson kind. That's not going to sit right with me.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    God damn John Booth.
    Because he didn't kidnap Lincoln in 1864?

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They better not be going after any Grover Cleveland statues next. He was the last Democrat of the Jefferson kind. That's not going to sit right with me.
    The only two I can think of of the top of my head are Rapid City , South Dakota and in Buffalo ( outside city hall ).
    Do something Danke

That is highly likely . The free men though and descendants would still be among us , though much fewer and most of them would have come from a prior slave background.
    Do something Danke

Booth though has the same talent as Woodrow Wilson , LBJ , Clintons , Obamas , Bidens , Harris , Pelosi , Shumer and other democrats . That is whenever they do anything they are $#@!ing over the entire population .
    Do something Danke

O.K. Gottcha. But, I don't think that would have happened. Just don't. They were given voluntarily their own place in Liberia. Funds were raised. The blacks that moved there found that the blacks there were backwards and set up a nice government over locals with all that they had learned from the whites.

Liberia began in the early 19th century as a project of the American Colonization Society (ACS), which believed black people would face better chances for freedom and prosperity in Africa than in the United States.[7] Between 1822 and the outbreak of the American Civil War in 1861, more than 15,000 freed and free-born people of color who faced social and legal oppression in the U.S., along with 3,198 Afro-Caribbeans, relocated to Liberia.[8] Gradually developing an "Americo-Liberian" identity, the settlers carried their culture and tradition with them
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia

There they go stealing from the white man again, when, we all know, gang war is the better for society. Just like inner cities. Funny that Liberia turned out to be an inner city.