Thread: Katie Couric Admits She Censored Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Answer Against Anthem Protestors

Exclamation Katie Couric Admits She Censored Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Answer Against Anthem Protestors

Katie Couric Admits She Edited Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Knock Against Anthem Kneelers

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...them-kneelers/

Paul Bois 13 Oct 2021

It seems that Katie Couric was protecting the “Notorious RBG” from being too notorious.

In her new memoir, Going There, journalist Katie Couric admitted that she edited comments from the now-deceased Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg for her 2016 interview with Yahoo! News to protect her from severe public backlash. The Justice’s crime? Criticizing the national anthem kneelers.

Though the original interview quoted Ginsburg calling the anthem protests “dumb and disrespectful,” Couric omitted parts she deemed more problematic, such as when Ginsburg reportedly said that the protesters were showing “contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life.”

Ginsburg added, “Which they probably could not have lived in the places they came from…as they became older they realize that this was youthful folly. And that’s why education is important.”

As the Daily Mail noted, the 64-year-old Couric admitted in her memoir that she believed the then-83-year-old just was too “elderly and probably didn’t fully understand the question.” Couric further described her struggle with putting her journalistic integrity over “personal politics,” saying she faced a “conundrum” when it came to the celebrated feminist Justice, believing that her comments were “unworthy of a crusader for equality.”

Shortly after the interview, Couric received a call from the head of public affairs for the Supreme Court asking that her remarks about the anthem protesters be removed from the story, claiming that she misspoke. David Westin, former head of ABC News, advised Couric to keep Ginsburg’s comments in the report while New York Times journalist David Brooks told Couric that Ginsburg likely did not understand the question. Couric ultimately compromised and included a censored version of the justice’s comments.

Saying she “lost a lot of sleep over this one,” Couric still wonders if she made the right decision, asserting that she “wanted to protect” the justice over an issue that might have been a “blind spot” for her.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh oh! Jon Gruden did that too, and now he's erased from history. Will RBG get memory holed?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soviet-censorship-naval-commissar-vanishes.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	8313
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I sat down with Ruth for a meeting back in 2015. She seemed pretty sharp to me and no cognitive issues.

They did talk about her like she was some sort of deity and there was some shock that I questioned the deity on her beliefs on a particular topic I was there to discuss with her.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I sat down with Ruth for a meeting back in 2015. She seemed pretty sharp to me and no cognitive issues.

They did talk about her like she was some sort of deity and there was some shock that I questioned the deity on her beliefs on a particular topic I was there to discuss with her.
    Cryptic comments are for children.

Come out and say what you're alluding to.

If in fact you had a discussion with RBG then spit it out.

What difference does any of this make? This is the MO. I remember watching Trump and listening to any of his speeches. After his speech you could go to MSM and listed to them tell you what Trump said. I would wonder what speech they had watched.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Cryptic comments are for children.

Come out and say what you're alluding to.

If in fact you had a discussion with RBG then spit it out.
    What is child like is you thinking people can simply open up in a public forum concerning private information.

I usually do not mention any of my dealings with politicians in both parties and the news media since it simply is not worth the grief in and outside this forum besides being none of anyone's $#@!ing business or I am not allowed to for various reasons.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    What difference does any of this make? This is the MO. I remember watching Trump and listening to any of his speeches. After his speech you could go to MSM and listed to them tell you what Trump said. I would wonder what speech they had watched.
    This one's for the lefties.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    That's Trump. You expect the Marxist media organs to lie, spin, censor or delete what he said, or Ron, or Rand or anybody else to the right of Chairman Mao.

It's mildly shocking to me that they did that to one of the left's most sacred icons.

It proves what I already know: that the Marxist left is utterly committed to the narrative and the goal, and they will censor anybody that contradicts that narrative.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It proves what I already know: that the Marxist left is utterly committed to the narrative and the goal, and they will censor anybody that contradicts that narrative.
    When did you last see one quote MLK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    When did you last see one quote MLK?
    King is out, his philosophy and message is gone.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    In woke Marxist circles, this is, quite literally, regarded as racism.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    What is child like is you thinking people can simply open up in a public forum concerning private information.

I usually do not mention any of my dealings with politicians in both parties and the news media since it simply is not worth the grief in and outside this forum besides being none of anyone's $#@!ing business or I am not allowed to for various reasons.
    So you didn't speak to RBG and were just blowing hot air.

If, after being online for years, you can't make a point or complete a thought without "simply opening up in a public forum concerning private information" I don't have any advice.

However, you're the one making cryptic statements alluding to access to a supreme court judge, I just called you on it.

Acting all butt-hurt and asking "permission" is cute but an ineffective way to avoid the issue of BS posting. Or is the cryptic message in this post that you're too far up the food-chain to relate such trivia to mere mortals?

The liberal left likes to portray itself as homegenus. Heads would have exploded simply because RBG held some patriotic beliefs.

Katie Couric Admits She Winston Smith Admits He Edited Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Knock Against Anthem Kneelers
    Fixed it for them.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    So you didn't speak to RBG and were just blowing hot air.

If, after being online for years, you can't make a point or complete a thought without "simply opening up in a public forum concerning private information" I don't have any advice.

However, you're the one making cryptic statements alluding to access to a supreme court judge, I just called you on it.

Acting all butt-hurt and asking "permission" is cute but an ineffective way to avoid the issue of BS posting. Or is the cryptic message in this post that you're too far up the food-chain to relate such trivia to mere mortals?
    I have no reason to lie about that. I never said anything about asking permission and have no idea where you got that from. You should go back and read my replies and yours. Maybe you would realize you are being an $#@! in your replies.

I simply saw this.

As the Daily Mail noted, the 64-year-old Couric admitted in her memoir that she believed the then-83-year-old just was too “elderly and probably didn’t fully understand the question.”
    and thought I would tell the forum my impression of her and how others, particularly Democrats reacted years back. Maybe she declined after that, IDK.

You are smarter than your responses knowing that people cannot discuss legal matters in a public forum. Nothing cryptic about that and maybe again you are simply just being an $#@!.