Thread: What $5 (or More) Gas Will Mean

Exclamation What $5 (or More) Gas Will Mean

What $5 (or More) Gas Will Mean

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2021...gas-will-mean/

By eric - October 14, 2021

Have you given any thought to what it will mean to you when gas costs $5 per gallon – which is likely, given how much gas costs already?

The average cost of gas is already over $3.20 per gallon, a halting increase of $1.20 per gallon over the course of less than 10 months. Try to imagine what it will cost ten months from now.

It may cost more than you can imagine. More than you can afford.

For openers, because of the artificial costs imposed by the regime that successfully supplanted the Orange Man, via the unvetted counting of as many absentee ballots as it took. Whatever his many faults – among the worst, his failure to prevent the counting of all those unvetted absentee ballots rather than bitch about the count, after they were counted – his policies allowed the cost of gas to lower, naturally.

There was – there is – plenty of oil (the raw material out of which gas is percolated) and Orange Man’s policies encouraged oil companies to explore for it, encouraged pipelines to be made to deliver it and for these reasons, Americans were paying less for gas than Americans had been paying in at least 30 years.

(And we were independent, we did not need to import anything to meet daily energy use demands.

Keep in mind that there is at least 50 cents in federal/sate taxes baked into the price of every gallon of gasoline. Thus, the gas that was priced at around $1.99 per gallon when the Orange Man was ensconced ten months ago actually cost just $1.50 or so.

It now costs much more than that, without taxes having been raised at all. But the cost of the new regime’s cancellation of pipelines combined with its obvious intent to cripple exploration has caused there to be less oil extracted – and delivered – which has artificially increased the cost of gas.

There is also inflation – another artificially induced cost-increaser that works just like a tax by making the money you’re left with buy less. Inflation has at least doubled under the regime of the Orange Man’s manufactured replacement and there are no signs it will abate.

Thus, costs will increase.

Let’s try to imagine what it means – by considering what it already costs.

The average car carries about 15 gallons of gasoline. Just ten months ago, it cost about $30 to fill that tank. The typical driver fills up once a week, so four times a month – so $120 per month for gas, or about $1,400 per year.

Today – right now – it costs almost $50 to fill up the same car. So $200 per month – and $2,400 per year. Which means the average driver is already paying $1,000 more per year for gas, right now.

What will he be paying ten months from now?

At $5 per gallon – a natural extrapolation of current trends – he will be paying $75 per tank, or $300 per month – as much as another car payment – and $3,600 per year. Which is almost enough to buy another car. Or rather, was – when a good used car could be bought for such a sum.

Which was about ten months ago. Now it’s hard to find a running car for that sum, because the cost of used cars has blown up along with the cost of everything else, including gas.

Project ten months down the road from now – or even six. Will you be able to afford to continue driving, when (not if) gas costs more than $4 per gallon? Many people won’t be able to – and the social-political ramifications of this are considerable.

It is probably a good idea to start thinking about what’s coming now, before you are faced with no longer being able to afford to drive – which could mean no longer being able to live where you do and work where you do.

I touched on this matter in a column about Emergency Bikes – i.e, motorcycles – the thesis of which is that owning a motorcycle (or scooter) could be a way to continue to be able to live where you do and get to where you have to go, i.e., to work.

Assuming, of course, that work still exists.

This artificial engineering of energy scarcity – which is deliberate – is going to cost us more than what we pay to put into our tanks. At $5 per gallon, trucking companies may no longer be able to afford to ship goods – and food. Or rather, the costs they must pass on will reach a point at (and beyond) which people can no longer pay them.

Everything collapses, grinds to a halt.

Which, I suspect, is precisely what these creatures want.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! joe biden
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    $#@! joe biden
    Let's go Brandon!

It sure looks like policy is being engineered to initiate a collapse - reset. As far as Orange Man, he was given to the people to give the illusion of choice and difference between the two parties. It allowed the right to blow of steam and identify the opposition to be dealt with. You know the people that went to bat for Trump and he left them all hanging.

They threw us a bone in energy policy for a few years. If Orange Man was the real deal and concerned about his constituents paying high gas prices then he would not be telling people not to vote in 2022 and 2024. Effectively ensuring energy policy continues off the cliff being directed by the Biden/Dem establishment.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

This artificial engineering of energy scarcity – which is deliberate – is going to cost us more than what we pay to put into our tanks.
    Engineered by billionaires who want to rule the world, and enabled by brainwashed useful idiots in the Cult of Climate Change.

At $5 per gallon, trucking companies may no longer be able to afford to ship goods – and food. Or rather, the costs they must pass on will reach a point at (and beyond) which people can no longer pay them.
    It is hugely inflationary for nearly all goods. Add to that the Federal Reserve's money printing, and we have super-inflation.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It sure looks like policy is being engineered to initiate a collapse - reset.
    One can only hope
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    One can only hope
    You say that but allot of poor and middle class people are going to feel much unnecessary pain. No matter what happens I doubt there will be break away regions or ones resembling anything you want it to be. People are too tuned into the puppet masters news media that provides the template and leaders for everyone to follow for anything good to come out of it.

Even though I am for separation, I am just not seeing anything being done to enlighten people so that the outcome is satisfactory.
    Last edited by kahless; 10-14-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

In California, we are already paying around $4.50/gallon.. you can find it cheaper, but that's probably around average.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Paid $4 a gallon last trip.

Been expecting it..

they are playing on the addiction.

1973 was a lesson few learned anything from.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

$2.789
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You say that but allot of poor and middle class people are going to feel much unnecessary pain. No matter what happens I doubt there will be break away regions or ones resembling anything you want it to be. People are too tuned into the puppet masters news media that provides the template and leaders for everyone to follow for anything good to come out of it.

Even though I am for separation, I am just not seeing anything being done to enlighten people so that the outcome is satisfactory.
    I'm not expecting any kind of utopia to result from separation, far from it.

From a practical perspective, initial separation I expect will have a minimal impact on the size of government, at least initially.

What it does do, however, is :
    1) makes it a possibility (though not guaranteed) that we can begin to gradually roll back the state to a more moderate level,
    and
    2) more importantly, it opens the door for future secessions

The amount of freedom that we have in our lives, is directly correlated to the degree to which the right to self determination (e.g., secession) is respected.

So any secession, any secession at all, I will always view as a good thing. Always.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 10-14-2021 at 12:19 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm not expecting any kind of utopia to result from separation, far from it.

From a practical perspective, initial separation I expect will have a minimal impact on the size of government, at least initially.

What it does do, however, is :
    1) makes it a possibility (though not guaranteed) that we can begin to gradually roll back the state to a more moderate level,
    and
    2) more importantly, it opens the door for future secessions

The amount of freedom that we have in our lives, is directly correlated to the degree to which the right to self determination (e.g., secession) is respected.

So any secession, any secession at all, I will always view as a good thing. Always.
    This makes sense and maybe the only way to reach people. I know you do not like reaching people based on your comment in the other thread but if a region is separating they are going to have a list of values to get people onboard.

This makes sense and maybe the only way to reach people. I know you do not like reaching people based on your comment in the other thread but if a region is separating they are going to have a list of values to get people onboard.
    Once your government's region is small enough for your voice to actually make a difference then it makes sense to "reach" people. Otherwise, just secede, secede, secede...
    - Kim Kardashian

It sure looks like policy is being engineered to initiate a collapse - reset.
    Ya got that right.

Everything else, meh. Seems you have an unhealthy fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ya got that right.

Everything else, meh. Seems you have an unhealthy fixation.
    What particularly is my unhealthy fixation?

$5 Gas is actually cheaper than $2 gas because with inflation $5 today is what $1 was before. See? Gas is now cheaper.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hell, its already $4.29 here in Cali.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Gasoline at 4.00 under Obama helped bring economic collapse . It will again if its 4 or 5 next yr anywhere other than california for six months . Energy is inflating daily , the fed has lost control . There will be no reigning in any inflation the rest of this calendar yr , its a done deal . Right now its all about Jan and beyond .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-14-2021 at 07:31 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Gasoline at 4.00 under Obama helped bring economic collapse . It will again if its 4 or 5 next yr anywhere other than california for six months . Energy is inflating daily , the fed has lost control . There will be no reigning in any inflation the rest of this calendar yr , its a done deal . Right now its all about Jan and beyond .
    Agreed, although there is talk of FED tapering come December, but what remains of this year is running away from them. I remember the FED talk of "transitory" inflation. LOL

If you have any CC debt start paying it down/off now before rates jump up.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

What particularly is my unhealthy fixation?
    Ex-POTUS. Which was the majority of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ex-POTUS. Which was the majority of your post.
    The OP quoted much of the the article in his first post where the author repeatedly refers to Trump as "Orange Man" while discussing his polices throughout the entire article, including the paragraph that AF bolded. My quote exactly referred to what the author wrote using his terminology.

So it is more like you are being overly sensitive when it comes to Trump.