Thread: Why some young workers are leaving their office jobs to work on farms

Thumbs up Why some young workers are leaving their office jobs to work on farms

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Leave my cozy air conditioned room.... to do physical labor?

hard pass
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

I think it is actually refreshing to see. Learning a skill is far better than going to a college and putting themselves in massive debt to try to find a job that they will ultimately hate, but have to stay in to pay the enormous debt over their heads.

Also, what will be the new narrative that the government is letting in migrant workers because, they do the jobs, no American's want to do?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

These youngsters need to be careful!

Without the constant stimuli of group-think they might start thinking for themselves.

Making/growing/fixing stuff gives one a sense of independence that's hard to shake...

Last week.
    Lots of similar stories.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    These youngsters need to be careful!

Without the constant stimuli of group-think they might start thinking for themselves.

Making/growing/fixing stuff gives one a sense of independence that's hard to shake...
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Last week.
    Lots of similar stories.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

I'd take physical labor over working in an office any day.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    My body is just as broken from sitting in an office chair all day every day as it would be doing anything else, perhaps even more so considering we are meant to be standing/walking. After having an office job for a decade now, I want to go back to something outdoor/manual labor in the worst way.
    Just can't find anything that pays equivalent...
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

The part that cracked me up was that Oliver Wendell Douglas was very determined and well-researched in his agricultural endeavors, but was constantly failing.

His neighbors were absolute dolts and morons and were successful at farming.

The government ag agent was the dumbest of all.

Since I take everything reported by MSM with a grain of salt, I was surprised when I started hearing about this from real people I interact with recently. "Have you talked to XXXXX lately?" "No, she left a few months ago to go work on a farm somewhere."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    My body is just as broken from sitting in an office chair all day every day as it would be doing anything else, perhaps even more so considering we are meant to be standing/walking. After having an office job for a decade now, I want to go back to something outdoor/manual labor in the worst way.
    Just can't find anything that pays equivalent...
    Like every other profession, skilled trade jobs are most rewarding once you put the years in. Once you are experienced, you can start a business and in today’s climate this is almost a cheat code. 400-500k a year take home after 3-5 years in business with a relatively small company. The pay is not the issue - it’s getting all the knowledge you need to operate a successful business which takes time.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Like every other profession, skilled trade jobs are most rewarding once you put the years in. Once you are experienced, you can start a business and in today’s climate this is almost a cheat code. 400-500k a year take home after 3-5 years in business with a relatively small company. The pay is not the issue - it’s getting all the knowledge you need to operate a successful business which takes time.
    Right, and me learning this well after my schooling age years was a bit of a gut punch. I'm still youngish and can still take off, but I'll be a solid 10+ years behind in whatever it is I'd figure out to do.

Even so, I'd highly recommend it to anyone not wanting to go to college now.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I'm pretty fortunate that my job isn't tied to an office. I don't commute to a farm, but when the weather's nice, I've got the laptop and external monitor set up in the backyard so that I can get the sun, fresh air, and watch the critters come and go. I hope to be able to do the same from a chunk of mountain forest sometime soon and dabble in the homesteading arts.
    My Medical Records are Private

"If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months." --phill4paul