Thread: Justin Amash on How To End the Civil War in the Libertarian Party

Justin Amash on How To End the Civil War in the Libertarian Party

Justin Amash on How To End the Civil War in the Libertarian Party

The only LP member to ever hold national office says the party needs to stop being gratuitously shocking and start making the principled case for limited government.

Full text and links: reason.com/video/2021-06-25/Justin-Amash-on-How-To-End-the-Civil-War-in-the-Libertarian-Party
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't have over an hour to watch at this time but my gut feeling is that most politicians take a stance for their careers or financial gain rather than their conviction.

JA wouldn't know a successful strategy if it hit him in the face
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    With no disrespect intended, what successful strategies are on your resume?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I have to agree. The Libertarian Party is useless. Ron Paul learned this lesson long ago and and encouraged us to join forces with the Republican party back in 2007. He was right then and it still is the best way forward.

In my opinion the GOP has improved as a party since 2007. I think is has become less liberal and more libertarian. I think our influence has helped make that happen. Too bad JA lost his mind and succumbed to TDS.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

At the 33:00 mark, Amash starts to talk a bit about Gov. Whitmer. It was very mild criticism, but his lack of any public talk about his own Governor, one of the biggest tyrants in the entire nation, had been glaring during COVID. No worries though, as Gillespe quickly pivoted from that subject to spurring Amash to attack DeSantis.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post

Oh boy. Here it comes.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Can someone break it down into bullet points? I'm not gonna watch an hour of Justin Amash.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Oh boy. Here it comes.
    He, he, he. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Oh boy. Here it comes.
    Cut him some slack. He's new here.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Passing Constitutional Carry in more than one state, winning multiple elections, helping to launch Rand's first campaign for US Senate, winning caucuses and states for Ron in 2012, killing tax hikes, mandates, and a bunch of other stuff I have forgotten about.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Passing Constitutional Carry in more than one state, winning multiple elections, helping to launch Rand's first campaign for US Senate, winning caucuses and states for Ron in 2012, killing tax hikes, mandates, and a bunch of other stuff I have forgotten about.
    Wow! I am impressed. If you have time please chime in on my concept of a cash society in the other thread.

This is what a "successful" strategy would look like.

You would have libertarians like Amash running in his district. You would have libertarians like Massie running in his district. You would have libertarians like Rand running in his district. Anywhere a "purist" libertarian can run and win, they should. Or they can just run an educational campaign if that's what they choose. You would have libertarians running as Trump populists to run for President. You would have libertarians running as neocons to run in districts where they can get elected as such. You would have libertarians running as woke Democrats in districts where they can get elected. That doesn't mean they need to try and persuade people to those ideologies, they can just agree with them and round off the rough edges with some libertarian philosophy where they can get away with it.

What they wouldn't do is destroy their political careers attacking each other.

Only attack the people who you truly know are the enemy. Liz Cheney.. Mitt Romney.. Pelosi.. etc.. These are the people that really believe in their causes for tyranny and try to persuade the population and other politicians to band around it. Anybody else can be an ally on some things.
    Last edited by dannno; 10-14-2021 at 01:57 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."