Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders coach over racist, homophobic, misogynistic emails

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He's a mediocre NFL coach at this point.
    Pretty much , he is about .500.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Pretty much , he is about .500.
    He's won a Super Bowl. Can't take that away from him.

Here's your teams trophy case [ ]

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 10-15-2021 at 10:00 PM. Reason: dup

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What crime did he really commit here? Name the crime.

A man who would fit right into today's democrat or neopub party.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 10-16-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The way I understand it is that Gruden was becoming too much of a rebel for a coach and wasn't following the NFL line. When they started the Covid protocols for NFL players, Gruden publicly said that it was stupid because these guys are the most fit people in the world. Nothing to fear from Covid. Then, he got Covid and recovered so he stopped wearing the face diapers because he couldn't spread it anymore. The NFL fined him $100,000 and he took it. (He did wear a pair of panties once as sort of an F U statement.) They fined him an additional $150K for other Covid violations. He also made statements that players should respect the flag and the anthem.

So, they came after him. Found a few old emails (I still wonder how long it took them to dig into this) and voila. They had their reason to humiliate him and ditch him. Of course, I always thought he humiliated himself on a weekly basis when he was on MNF, but I guess that doesn't count.

But think about it... The guy has had thousands of players and coaches reporting to him. He gave thousands of off-the-cuff media interviews as a coach. He spoke on live TV for years. He's been in the spotlight for decades and has worked closely with many people of color who still respect him. If he was a real problem, the floodgates would be opening. But nope - they found some old emails.
    I haven’t followed the NFL closely for several years, but I seem to remember Gruden doing that. He went up against The Cult of Covid. Always more to the story than meets the eye. The “outrage” over mild name calling in personal emails by a football coach or player is laughable. It’s really about other things.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12