Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This may be the most important story you will ever read

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    You're talking about infectivity, which is a different thing than transmissiblity:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectivity

I get the sense you don't even know what GoF even is. Because it's certainly not "fear mongering" to point out that GoF research is continuing unabated. Any discussion on the "virulence" of the viruses undergoing GoF research is missing the point entirely. The point is - GoF research shouldn't be happening at all.
    It works as a diversion, doesn't it?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    You just contradicted yourself. If gain of function is what you just defined it as, then they any tinkering with the virulence that they did was precisely with that intention.

It's very possible that by making a virus less virulent the result could be that it would kill a greater number of people by way of making up the loss in virulence with greater transmissibility (with that greater transmissibility being possible precisely because of the lower virulence).
    Doesn't that depend on the length of the incubation period and WHEN within that timeframe an infected human is able to transmit the virus to others?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and slather it all over Natalie Portman's naked body
    This seems like a much more cheery subject.

When Nipah arrives, Imma take me a big bottle of vodka, find myself a suitably sized raft, then slip outside the breakers and watch the world die.

You're talking about infectivity, which is a different thing than transmissiblity:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectivity

I get the sense you don't even know what GoF even is. Because it's certainly not "fear mongering" to point out that GoF research is continuing unabated. Any discussion on the "virulence" of the viruses undergoing GoF research is missing the point entirely. The point is - GoF research shouldn't be happening at all.
    Transmissibility is a function of infectivity. The two words are interchangeable for what I was talking about.

The part that I was calling fear mongering was this section, "Now, Nipah virus is 80 percent lethal. So this is not, you know, if you didn’t like the pandemic, that was just one percent lethal. This thing they were working on in December 2019 has an 80 percent lethality. It needs to be stopped.” which implies that this virus is much scarier than COVID 19, as if being 80% lethal by itself was reason enough to think that, regardless of transmissibility. It isn't. That's why Ebola was, overall, much less of a serious problem than COVID 19. It wasn't less serious for each individual who got it--for them it was more serious--but globally it was much less serious.

I also object to all of the fear mongering we've been subjected to regarding COVID 19 for the past year and a half. And the fact that it came from a lab doing GoF research doesn't make all that fear mongering any more justified. Humanity suffered far more harm from the reaction to the virus than from the virus itself.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 10-12-2021 at 12:38 PM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Transmissibility is a function of infectivity.
    Not really but OK sure.

The part that I was calling fear mongering was this section, "Now, Nipah virus is 80 percent lethal. So this is not, you know, if you didn’t like the pandemic, that was just one percent lethal. This thing they were working on in December 2019 has an 80 percent lethality. It needs to be stopped.” which implies that this virus is much scarier than COVID 19, as if being 80% lethal by itself was reason enough to think that, regardless of transmissibility. It isn't. That's why Ebola was, overall, much less of a serious problem than COVID 19. It wasn't less serious for each individual who got it--for them it was more serious--but globally it was much less serious.

I also object to all of the fear mongering we've been subjected to regarding COVID 19 for the past year and a half. And the fact that it came from a lab doing GoF research doesn't make all that fear mongering any more justified. Humanity suffered far more harm from the reaction to the virus than from the virus itself.
    It's a swing and a miss! Still missing the point I see.

Try to keep your eye on the ball.

Gain of Function needs to be stopped, regardless of how many people are expected to die from it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Gain of Function needs to be stopped, regardless of how many people are expected to die from it.
    I have never said or implied otherwise.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

Not really but OK sure.
    Do you agree or disagree with the way it is put here?
    Transmissibility is determined by the infectivity of the pathogen, the contagiousness of the infected individual, the susceptibility of the exposed individual, the contact patterns between the infected individual and the exposed individual, and the environmental stress exerted on the pathogen during transmission.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41579-021-00535-6
    Ron Paul

Do you agree or disagree with the way it is put here?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41579-021-00535-6
    I disagree as I think that statement is an over-simplification, especially in the context of GoF where transmissibility is specifically the transmission between animals and humans.

A horse virus can be infinitely infectious among horses, and yet it would still not be transmissible to humans, without Gain of Function being applied to it.

But this line of discussion is almost entirely autistic... I do not see any point in continuing such frivolous debate.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 10-12-2021 at 02:12 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I have never said or implied otherwise.
    OK Good.
    - Kim Kardashian

I disagree as I think that statement is an over-simplification, especially in the context of GoF where transmissibility is specifically the transmission between animals and humans.
    That's one kind of transmissibility. But unless you specify "animal to human" the word "transmissibility" by itself doesn't mean that either in the context of GoF or elsewhere. The definition given for "transmissibility" in your own wikipedia source, where it distinguished between transmissibility and infectivity didn't even match your definition here.

But this line of discussion is almost entirely autistic... I do not see any point in continuing such frivolous debate.
    Agreed. I'm not sure what your point was in disputing over the meaning of the word "transmissibility" to begin with.

Your example about horses only highlights the point I was making. A virus that has high transmissibility from horse to human, but low transmissibility from human to human, and that kills 80% of the humans it infects may not pose a very serious pandemic threat because of that low transmissibility between humans. Making it more transmissible between humans could just as much be a part of GoF research as making it more transmissible from horses to humans would be. And that transmissibility between humans would be the far more important factor. And more generally, that factor of transmissibility is not something that can be left out of the discussion when trying to compare it to COVID 19 the way the OP did.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 10-12-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's one kind of transmissibility. But unless you specify "animal to human" the word "transmissibility" by itself doesn't mean that either in the context of GoF or elsewhere.
    Holy $#@! how autistic are you. I give up
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    If China has bugs like this what do the kooks in our government have?
    Factions within our government gave them these things and helped fund them! These bioweapons labs need to be burned to the ground so nothing else can come of them.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Holy $#@! how autistic are you. I give up
    It's possible that you were just mistaken and I was actually right.

I'm trying to find a source to support your claim that the word "transmissibility" means specifically from animals to humans, and not humans to humans, in the context of GoF, and I can't find one.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Doesn't that depend on the length of the incubation period and WHEN within that timeframe an infected human is able to transmit the virus to others?
    Yes, I'm sure it does. Notice that the OP is content to mention just the virulence without respect to that other crucial factor.

TheTexan was right to criticize the OP by saying, "Any discussion on the 'virulence' of the viruses undergoing GoF research is missing the point entirely." And Brian4Liberty was astute in replying to that line by suggesting that such a focus on virulence worked well as a diversion.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Good God
    He is sitting back waiting.. pissed, but He is waiting.

waiting for the Fullness of the Crime to be apparent to all.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It just strikes me as fear mongering.
    If I had told you in 2019 everything that was going to play out regarding the CCP19 virus, you would have called it fear mongering as well.

I don't know what more can be done.

We know that labs in the US were experimenting with GoF, before it was even called that, on H1N1 flu virii, the one that caused the Spanish flu pandemic, to make it even more transmissible and virulent.

We know that the funding was yanked and the research, rightly so, banned.

We know that the research continued on in China, funded in part by our tax dollars, funneled through various "front" groups, facilitated in part by that demon Fauchi.

We know that this research led to, among other things, the CCP19 virus, which has killed almost a quarter of million US citizens so far, when it got released fropm the Wuhan lab either accidentally or on purpose.

We have credible commentary from Dr. Stephen Quay, indicating that the lab in Wuhan was years ahead in gain of function research on the deadly Hipah virus.

We know that the global elites, regardless of political philosophy, are all in agreement that there are "too many people" on planet Earth.

They will release this, or some other similar agent, that will not be restricted by the natural progression of pandemic pathogens like Ebola or rabies or Hanta virus.

CCP19 was a dry run.

They will do this soon, within the next year or two...the lunatic Malthusians that they have whipped up into a frenzy, that are convinced the planet will die in the next ten years, will demand it.

And 7 billion people will die, including everybody in this thread speaking now, and everybody that we all love and hold dear.

Unless we start, and I am as serious as a goddamn heart attack here, unless we start dismantling these facilities, wherever they are in the world, with the clear threat that if a nation state harboring one of these research labs refuses, for any reason, or no reason at all, to allow these "Liquidators" onto the facility, then it will be destroyed by fire with a nuke or a GBU34, with no further warning.

That's how I see it...call it fear mongering if you want...ignore at your own risk.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-12-2021 at 05:27 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If I had told you in 2019 everything that was going to play out regarding the CCP19 virus, you would have called it fear mongering as well.
    Yes. And then when it actually happened, and the media and politicians reported all those things with great exaggerations and selective omissions of important facts, it was still fear mongering. And part of why they were so successful at taking away our freedom was because they were successful at the fear mongering.
    Ron Paul

Yes. And then when it actually happened, and the media and politicians reported all those things with great exaggerations and selective omissions of important facts, it was still fear mongering. And part of why they were so successful at taking away our freedom was because they were successful at the fear mongering.
    Are you trying to warn us about fear mongering?

Or is this just more fear mongering
    - Kim Kardashian

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Factions within our government gave them these things and helped fund them! These bioweapons labs need to be burned to the ground so nothing else can come of them.
    That was my thought in the 70s..

and I still remember CBR training. The Biological part of that being the ugliest..and longest active Military Weapon of Mass destruction Governments use..

some are surprised at the Funding. something that has been universally outlawed,, by governments.

Ft Detrick has been an ongoing problem.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Fine, call me a fear monger then and dismiss everything I said.

Nothing more I can do to change your mind.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Fine, call me a fear monger then and dismiss everything I said.

Nothing more I can do to change your mind.
    I'm not dismissing everything you said. But if it's as bad as Dan Bongino, or that writer on his site wants to make it out to be (and by extension you, for sharing the article and bolding the worst parts), then why can't they they make the case in an objective way, instead of selectively omitting crucial points that would make it sound not as bad as they're saying? If this really is a virus that can kill off a major part of the earth's population, or even just more people than COVID 19, they shouldn't have a problem doing that.

But that crowd loves fear just as much as the Left does. And at the end of the day, they'll end up using that fear for statist ends too.
    Ron Paul

I'm not dismissing everything you said. But if it's as bad as Dan Bongino, or that writer on his site wants to make it out to be (and by extension you, for sharing the article and bolding the worst parts), then why can't they they make the case in an objective way, instead of selectively omitting crucial points that would make it sound not as bad as they're saying? If this really is a virus that can kill off a major part of the earth's population, or even just more people than COVID 19, they shouldn't have a problem doing that.

But that crowd loves fear just as much as the Left does. And at the end of the day, they'll end up using that fear for statist ends too.
    How can you be more objective than that?

Dr. Quay on a potentially more deadly virus in the Wuhan lab: “..inside the Wuhan Institute of Virology in patients specimens in December 2019. What I found there was that the lab was contaminated with Nipah virus research that’s about two years ahead of SARS-CoV-2. Now, Nipah virus is 80 percent lethal. So this is not, you know, if you didn’t like the pandemic, that was just one percent lethal. This thing they were working on in December 2019 has an 80 percent lethality. It needs to be stopped.
    Maybe you're mistaking rage for fear.

I don't have to look at China as the Bogey man. I doubt if you could get a straight answer as to whether the same, with information sharing, isn't being conducted by the Deep State at the C.D.C.

https://rumble.com/embed/vl4g69/?pub=4

How can you be more objective than that?

Maybe you're mistaking rage for fear.

https://rumble.com/embed/vl4g69/?pub=4
    You just answered your own question.

Dr. Quay, when you actually hear him speaking his own words, is far more objective in that radio interview than the article that selectively quotes him in the OP is, with omission of qualifying points (which I have already pointed out multiple times in the thread). The OP is the opposite of objective. If you can't see that, it's because it's doing the same thing you constantly do here, apparently believing yourself to be objective too.

Notice that Bongino himself is much more cautious in this interview, making a point to bring up some of the same counterpoints that I did, and Quay even more so.
    Ron Paul

You just answered your own question.

Dr. Quay, when you actually hear him speaking his own words, is far more objective in that radio interview than the article that selectively quotes him in the OP is, with omission of qualifying points (which I have already pointed out multiple times in the thread). The OP is the opposite of objective. If you can't see that, it's because it's doing the same thing you constantly do here, apparently believing yourself to be objective too.

Notice that Bongino himself is much more cautious in this interview, making a point to bring up some of the same counterpoints that I did, and Quay even more so.
    Yeah, you've dismissed the entire premise, probably based on fear.

I can understand that...who wants to believe that nefarious actors, working in secret, plan to kill us all with choking, man made plagues?

One of us will ultimately be proved right.

Trouble is, if it's me, then it will be too late.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, you've dismissed the entire premise, probably based on fear.
    That's the thing. It's a premise. A mere assumption. Not a conclusion that can be drawn as either definite or probable from the evidence given.

You don't talk as if you're hypothesizing and may or may not ultimately be proven right. You make absolute statements as matters of fact that you can demonstrate to be true. But again and again, your demonstration is sorely lacking. You have some good points. But they'd be stronger, not weaker, if you could bring yourself to be objective about them. The fact that you feel the need not to be betrays that you don't think you could prove the conclusions you want to prove with the level of certainty that you want to pretend to have if you confined yourself to rules like that.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 10-15-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    Ron Paul

That's the thing. It's a premise. A mere assumption. Not a conclusion that can be drawn as either definite or probable from the evidence given.

You don't talk as if you're hypothesizing, and may or may not ultimately be proven right. You make absolute statements as matters of fact that you can demonstrate to be true. But again and again, your demonstration is sorely lacking. You have some good points. But they'd be stronger, not weaker, if you could bring yourself to be objective about them. The fact that you feel the need not to be betrays that you don't think you could prove the conclusions you want to prove with the level of certainty that you want to pretend to have if you confined yourself to rules like that.
    Of course I can't prove it to that level.

The only way I could do that would be to get unfettered access to the Wuhan lab along with a team of virologists and translators.

I wish I could do that.

You don't talk as if you're hypothesizing
    Half a year ago I was.

Now, people who do have that level of access are starting to confirm what I have thought all along.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-15-2021 at 08:00 AM.

I have not watched it because I question the source and do not want to give him views. A man who I know approves of street justice by the police rather than the rule of law. If Dan was a member of RPF he would be on the side of the police in the police abuse threads.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I have not watched it because I question the source and do not want to give him views. A man who I know approves of street justice by the police rather than the rule of law. If Dan was a member of RPF he would be on the side of the police in the police abuse threads.
    Fine.

Here's the AP from 26 July 2021, with a paid press release from Quay himself.

Physician-Scientist Steven Quay: Forensic examination of Wuhan Institute of Virology COVID-19 patient specimens from December 2019 reveals extensive laboratory contamination, including evidence of genetic manipulation of the Nipah Virus, a BSL-4 pathogen more lethal than Ebola

https://apnews.com/press-release/pr-...93314de1d5b4c9

July 26, 2021

SEATTLE, July 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Physician-Scientist Steven Quay and a group of international scientists have published a pre-print, available here, entitled, “CONTAMINATION OR VACCINE RESEARCH? RNA Sequencing data of early COVID-19 patient samples show abnormal presence of vectorized H7N9 hemagglutinin segment.”

In the paper, a forensic examination of the sequencing data from five COVID-19 bronchial lavage patient specimens reveals that the laboratory at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) was contaminated with a wide range of viruses, including Nipah virus genes in a cloning vector. Nipah is a BSL-4 pathogen with a lethality of 50% to 92%. A video summary of the paper can be found here.

The highlights of the paper are:

Five patient specimens were sequenced by the WIV in December 2019 and were part of an early report on SARS-CoV-2 published by Dr. Zhengli Shi and colleagues (Nature 579, 270–273 (2020). This paper has been viewed over one million times, making it one of the most highly read papers on the pandemic virus.
    The most abundant contaminant is an undisclosed H7N9 influenza vaccine, which in one specimen is over six-times as abundant as SARS-CoV-2.
    The Nipah virus gene sequences were found in infectious cloning vectors of the type used for genetic manipulation.
    Nineteen other contaminants, including Japanese Encephalitis virus, HIV, human T-cell leukemia virus, and hepatitis delta virus were found.

“It was surprising to find a menagerie of deadly viruses, strange pathogens, and even honeysuckle, plant genes in patient specimens sequenced at the WIV in December 2019, especially since this patient sequencing data has been publicly available to the entire scientific community inside of the US NIH GenBank database since February 2020,” stated Dr. Steven Quay, MD, PhD. “The apparent widespread contamination of the laboratory at the very time the pandemic was just beginning is of course worrisome. But more important is getting answers to these questions: Why do these patient specimens contain an unreported influenza vaccine? What was the purpose of creating an undisclosed, apparently infectious clone of the deadly Nipah virus? Is this Nipah research part of another gain-of-function research project at the Wuhan Institute of Virology?”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast