Thread: Marxist Chicago DA drops all felony charges in gang shootout: "they were mutual combatants".

Exclamation Marxist Chicago DA drops all felony charges in gang shootout: "they were mutual combatants".

Well, good to know that...if I ever have to clip somebody, I'll just say we were "mutual combatants".

It's also a joy to see Foxx and Lightfoot at each other throats.

Maybe they will end up "mutual combatants".

I could not think of more positive karmic justice than the idea of these two thoroughly loathsome and despicable human beings, offing each other in a gunfight.

Prosecutors reject charges against 5 suspects in deadly gang-related gunfight in Austin: ‘It’s just like the Wild West’

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...hootout-austin

By Tom Schuba Updated Oct 4, 2021, 10:20am CDT

The suspects are members of two warring factions of the Four Corner Hustlers street gang who allegedly shot it out Friday morning in the 1200 block of North Mason Avenue, where more than 70 shell casings were found.

UPDATE: Lightfoot warns city could be sent ‘into chaos’ after Kim Foxx’s latest decision to reject charges

Five men linked to a deadly gang-related shootout Friday in Austin were released from custody after prosecutors declined to charge each of them with a pair of felonies, including first-degree murder, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned.

The brazen mid-morning gunfight, which left one shooter dead and two of the suspects wounded, stemmed from an internal dispute between two factions of the Four Corner Hustlers street gang, according to an internal police report and a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation.

The source said police sought to charge all five suspects with murder and aggravated battery. By Sunday morning, a Chicago police spokeswoman acknowledged the suspects had “been released without charges.”

In a statement later Sunday, Cristina Villareal, a spokeswoman for the Cook County state’s attorney’s office, explained that prosecutors had “determined that the evidence was insufficient to meet our burden of proof to approve felony charges.” Police officials agreed with the decision, Villareal added.

While she wouldn’t specify what other evidence prosecutors needed to file charges, the police report acknowledged that victims of the shootout weren’t cooperating with investigators.

But the report also framed the state’s attorney’s office’s decision to decline charges in a different light: “Mutual combatants was cited as the reason for the rejection.” Mutual combat is a legal term used to define a fight or struggle that two parties willingly engage in.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought they had gun laws there.

They must only apply to white people. Either that, or somebody died in a slingshot shootout.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Does this mean dueling is legal again in Chicago?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Does this mean dueling is legal again in Chicago?
    Bump.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

When the Feds come knockin' are we considered "mutual combatants"?

I approve of this DA’s decision. Let them work out their own issues. It will eventually sort itself out and save resources.

I love it when the evening news reports someone getting shot by one of these shootouts and always feel the need to mention the kid in their bedroom was "not the intended target" As if that makes some kind of difference
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Meanwhile in Texas:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...06464775893002

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    File under "Saying the Quiet Part Out Loud":

File under "Saying the Quiet Part Out Loud":

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov

The situations in Chicago IL and Arlington TX are sufficiently similar (and similarly symptomatic) that I'll just put this here:

https://twitter.com/leftyinvests/sta...06257434542082

(not sure what the "no lawyers will represent him" remark was supposed to mean, though)

LMMFAO Absolute clownworld.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I approve of this DA’s decision. Let them work out their own issues. It will eventually sort itself out and save resources.
    But the report also framed the state’s attorney’s office’s decision to decline charges in a different light: “Mutual combatants was cited as the reason for the rejection.” Mutual combat is a legal term used to define a fight or struggle that two parties willingly engage in.
    Such a conundrum. Almost seems like she has a point. Kind of an "offsetting penalties" situation.

Gang members shooting other gang members. Hard to sort that out. Both sides probably claim self defense.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The situations in Chicago IL and Arlington TX are sufficiently similar (and similarly symptomatic) that I'll just put this here:

https://twitter.com/leftyinvests/sta...06257434542082

(not sure what the "no lawyers will represent him" remark was supposed to mean, though)
    https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...84977661124612

GoFundMe removed it, like they did for the Rittenhouse fundraisers.

They only managed to collect $150 (which was refunded) in 24 hours.

I guess (at least some) people can stomach only so much hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-09-2021 at 01:14 PM.