Thread: Director of NIH, Francis Collins, resigns suddenly.

Exclamation Director of NIH, Francis Collins, resigns suddenly.

Francis Collins, NIH Director, Resigns After Gain-of-Function Falsehood Exposed

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...irus-pandemic/

Paul Bois 4 Oct 2021

Francis Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), announced his resignation on Tuesday, just weeks after documents exposed that he made “untruthful” comments about U.S. federal funding of gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

“It has been an incredible privilege to lead this great agency for more than a decade,” Collins said in a statement posted at the NIH website.

I love this agency and its people so deeply that the decision to step down was a difficult one, done in close counsel with my wife, Diane Baker, and my family. I am proud of all we’ve accomplished. I fundamentally believe, however, that no single person should serve in the position too long, and that it’s time to bring in a new scientist to lead the NIH into the future. I’m most grateful and proud of the NIH staff and the scientific community, whose extraordinary commitment to lifesaving research delivers hope to the American people and the world every day.

Just weeks before this announcement, Richard Ebright of Rutgers University accused Collins of making false public statements about National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) grants to the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), which have since been proven to fund the study of “chimeric SARS-related coronaviruses” which “could infect human cells.” Ebright said bluntly that Collins had not told the truth when asked about this research: “assertions by the NIH Director, Francis Collins, and the NIAID Director, Anthony Fauci, that the NIH did not support gain-of-function research or potential pandemic pathogen enhancement at WIV are untruthful.”

Appointed by President Obama in 2009, Francis Collins made history by becoming the longest-serving NIH director and one who also served in three administrations: Obama, Trump, and Biden. Prior to his tenure at the NIH, he founded The BioLogos Foundation, which aimed to bridge a dialogue between science and religion. In 2007, former President George W. Bush awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his work on the Human Genome Project.

During the coronavirus pandemic, Collins frequently appeared on television where he advocated for children wearing masks in schools while blaming unvaccinated Americans for the pandemic’s continuation.

“This is not a political statement or invasion of your liberties. This is a life-saving medical device. Asking kids to wear a mask is uncomfortable, but kids are pretty resilient,” Collins said in August as children were gearing up to go back to school.

“If we don’t have masks in schools, this virus will spread more widely. It will probably result in outbreaks in schools, and kids will have to go back to remote learning, which is the one thing we want to prevent,” he added.

Speaking with Religion News Service in September, Collins advised religious Americans hesitant about the coronavirus vaccine to think of it as a miraculous answer to their prayers.

“For somebody who’s a believer, this is what you could call an answer to prayer,” he said. “If we’ve all been praying to God to somehow deliver us from this terrible pandemic, and what happens is these vaccines get developed that are safe and effective, well, why wouldn’t you want to say, ‘Thank you, God’ and roll up your sleeve?”

As to exactly what prompted Collins’ reported departure in the middle of the pandemic remains unclear as of this writing. As Politico noted, Collins recently supported the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) decision to limit booster shots for Americans 65 and older as well as other vulnerable demographics, which contradicted the Biden administration.

“This is the way it ought to be,” Collins said on CBS. “Science sort of playing out in a very transparent way, looking at the data coming from multiple places, our country, other countries, and trying to make the best decision for right now.”

The Biden administration had originally advocated for booster shots for all Americans eight months after being fully vaccinated; the FDA’s decision was largely interpreted as an assurance to the public that science was guiding the agency’s decision-making, not politics.

In 2017, the NIH under Collins’ leadership ended a three-year moratorium on gain-of-function research, which aimed to make “pathogens more potent or likely to spread in people.”

“More than 3 years after imposing a moratorium on U.S. funding for certain studies with dangerous viruses, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, today lifted this so-called ‘pause’ and announced a new plan for reviewing such research,” Science.org reported at the time.

“Such studies could help experts prepare for pandemics, but pose risks if the souped-up pathogen escapes the lab,” the report added.

This past September, The Intercept reported on several grants that the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NAID) — one of the 27 institutes governed by the NIH — awarded to EcoHealth Alliance for gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China:

The bat coronavirus grant provided EcoHealth Alliance with a total of $3.1 million, including $599,000 that the Wuhan Institute of Virology used in part to identify and alter bat coronaviruses likely to infect humans. Even before the pandemic, many scientists were concerned about the potential dangers associated with such experiments. The grant proposal acknowledges some of those dangers: “Fieldwork involves the highest risk of exposure to SARS or other CoVs, while working in caves with high bat density overhead and the potential for fecal dust to be inhaled.”

Gary Ruskin, executive director of U.S. Right To Know, said the documents obtained by The Intercept provide “a road map to the high-risk research that could have led to the current pandemic.”
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-05-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ///
    Is there something hidden because I have ad blockers?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Is there something hidden because I have ad blockers?
    No, I was in process of posting the story.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Collins is a loyal member of the religion. I would doubt that he would even think for a second that he has done anything wrong.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Francis Collins, NIH Director, Resigns After Gain-of-Function Falsehood Exposed

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...irus-pandemic/

Paul Bois 4 Oct 2021

Francis Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), announced his resignation on Tuesday, just weeks after documents exposed that he made “untruthful” comments about U.S. federal funding of gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

“It has been an incredible privilege to lead this great agency for more than a decade,” Collins said in a statement posted at the NIH website.

I love this agency and its people so deeply that the decision to step down was a difficult one, done in close counsel with my wife, Diane Baker, and my family. I am proud of all we’ve accomplished. I fundamentally believe, however, that no single person should serve in the position too long, and that it’s time to bring in a new scientist to lead the NIH into the future. I’m most grateful and proud of the NIH staff and the scientific community, whose extraordinary commitment to lifesaving research delivers hope to the American people and the world every day.

Just weeks before this announcement, Richard Ebright of Rutgers University accused Collins of making false public statements about National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) grants to the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), which have since been proven to fund the study of “chimeric SARS-related coronaviruses” which “could infect human cells.” Ebright said bluntly that Collins had not told the truth when asked about this research: “assertions by the NIH Director, Francis Collins, and the NIAID Director, Anthony Fauci, that the NIH did not support gain-of-function research or potential pandemic pathogen enhancement at WIV are untruthful.”

Appointed by President Obama in 2009, Francis Collins made history by becoming the longest-serving NIH director and one who also served in three administrations: Obama, Trump, and Biden. Prior to his tenure at the NIH, he founded The BioLogos Foundation, which aimed to bridge a dialogue between science and religion. In 2007, former President George W. Bush awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his work on the Human Genome Project.

During the coronavirus pandemic, Collins frequently appeared on television where he advocated for children wearing masks in schools while blaming unvaccinated Americans for the pandemic’s continuation.

“This is not a political statement or invasion of your liberties. This is a life-saving medical device. Asking kids to wear a mask is uncomfortable, but kids are pretty resilient,” Collins said in August as children were gearing up to go back to school.

“If we don’t have masks in schools, this virus will spread more widely. It will probably result in outbreaks in schools, and kids will have to go back to remote learning, which is the one thing we want to prevent,” he added.

Speaking with Religion News Service in September, Collins advised religious Americans hesitant about the coronavirus vaccine to think of it as a miraculous answer to their prayers.

“For somebody who’s a believer, this is what you could call an answer to prayer,” he said. “If we’ve all been praying to God to somehow deliver us from this terrible pandemic, and what happens is these vaccines get developed that are safe and effective, well, why wouldn’t you want to say, ‘Thank you, God’ and roll up your sleeve?”

As to exactly what prompted Collins’ reported departure in the middle of the pandemic remains unclear as of this writing. As Politico noted, Collins recently supported the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) decision to limit booster shots for Americans 65 and older as well as other vulnerable demographics, which contradicted the Biden administration.

“This is the way it ought to be,” Collins said on CBS. “Science sort of playing out in a very transparent way, looking at the data coming from multiple places, our country, other countries, and trying to make the best decision for right now.”

The Biden administration had originally advocated for booster shots for all Americans eight months after being fully vaccinated; the FDA’s decision was largely interpreted as an assurance to the public that science was guiding the agency’s decision-making, not politics.

In 2017, the NIH under Collins’ leadership ended a three-year moratorium on gain-of-function research, which aimed to make “pathogens more potent or likely to spread in people.”

“More than 3 years after imposing a moratorium on U.S. funding for certain studies with dangerous viruses, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, today lifted this so-called ‘pause’ and announced a new plan for reviewing such research,” Science.org reported at the time.

“Such studies could help experts prepare for pandemics, but pose risks if the souped-up pathogen escapes the lab,” the report added.

This past September, The Intercept reported on several grants that the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NAID) — one of the 27 institutes governed by the NIH — awarded to EcoHealth Alliance for gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China:

The bat coronavirus grant provided EcoHealth Alliance with a total of $3.1 million, including $599,000 that the Wuhan Institute of Virology used in part to identify and alter bat coronaviruses likely to infect humans. Even before the pandemic, many scientists were concerned about the potential dangers associated with such experiments. The grant proposal acknowledges some of those dangers: “Fieldwork involves the highest risk of exposure to SARS or other CoVs, while working in caves with high bat density overhead and the potential for fecal dust to be inhaled.”

Gary Ruskin, executive director of U.S. Right To Know, said the documents obtained by The Intercept provide “a road map to the high-risk research that could have led to the current pandemic.”
    Sounds like he did a lot of awful things related to the pandemic but at the end caught a conscience and pushed back against the booster shots. Regardless, this GOF issue is the Achilles heal of our current scientific dictatorship. Now...how to shoot the poison arrow into it. That's the question.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

How long until the suicide? Or perhaps a car accident or heart attack?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    How long until the suicide? Or perhaps a car accident or heart attack?
    Very unlikely he would be suicided unless he decided to go rogue. Better question is who will replace him? Obvious choice would be Lawrence tabak, 2nd in command, but off-the-cuff guess is Alfred Johnson since he fits the preferred demographics of the time.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

https://twitter.com/R_H_Ebright/stat...47395508858880

https://twitter.com/R_H_Ebright/stat...55404213514245

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-21-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Whatever you do, do not watch this video after the 5:45 mark.

Repeat: DO NOT watch this video after the 5:45 mark.

You have been warned.

Secretary Becerra Thanks Dr. Francis Collins and a Special Song | 12-14-2021
    Secretary Becerra thanks NIH Director Francis Collins, MD, for his service as Director. Dr. Collins provides some words of wisdom and sings a song. From the HHS Town Hall on December 14, 2021.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_i4NJQX3s
    //

//
    That was worst than I expected and it kept getting more cringe. That's gotta be stopped with the threat of capital punishment, if needed. I am usually against the death penalty, but this crap is serious!
    Last edited by RJB; 12-14-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That was worst than I expected and it kept getting more cringe. That's gotta be stopped with the threat of capital punishment, if needed. I am usually against the death penalty, but this crap is serious!
    What have capital punishment and the death penalty got to do with clear-cut cases of self-defense?

What have capital punishment and the death penalty got to do with clear-cut cases of self-defense?

Ok, I was a bit hyperbolic in the last post, but seriously, a few years ago, you never would have seen a goverment official (who takes himself seriously) do something like that. I tortured my wife and played it for her. She thought it was some kids show like Mr. Rogers or Sesame Street. This is Soviet era type lame entertainment/propaganda.

Christian themed movies tend to be horrible (Aside from classic Bible stories) because they focus more on the message, rather than the quality of the story. The whole woke/Covid/etc. propaganda of late, forced into the mainstream has turned us into this. Thirty years from now, people in other countries will be laughing at us, because some current American entertainer, somewhere, is producing the American version of Trololo. It will only get worse unless we get a strong backlash against wokism.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Ok, I was a bit hyperbolic in the last post [...]
    Oh, I know you were. So was I.

That's what I was playing at with the "self-defense" angle ...

Vogon poetry is of course the third worst in the universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their poet master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a small lump of green putty I found in my armpit one midsummer morning" four of his audience died of internal haemorrhaging, and the president of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived only by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos is reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his twelve book epic "My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles" when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save life and civilisation, leapt straight up through his throat and throttled his brain. The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England in the destruction of the planet Earth.
    -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-14-2021 at 07:01 PM.