Thread: US Army Special Operations soldiers attacked - by a ninja

US Army Special Operations soldiers attacked - by a ninja

Special ops troops ‘hunkered down’ in California airport hangar after nighttime ninja attack
    https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/...t-3076663.html
    Chad Garland (30 September 2021)

A sword-wielding man dressed as a ninja attacked several special operations soldiers who were training at a California airport, reportedly forcing them to shelter in a hangar and inflicting wounds that required stitches.

The bizarre assault took place at Inyokern Airport, an airfield in the Mojave Desert about 100 miles north of Los Angeles, sometime after 1 a.m. on Sept. 18, according to what appears to be a military incident report shared on Instagram and Reddit.

Records from the Ridgecrest Police Department seem to confirm some details in the document posted to social media in a photo late Wednesday that said two soldiers had to receive stitches before returning to duty.

After confirming that the incident described in the document leaked on social media did occur, U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command spokesman Maj. Jeff Slinker said officials did not have any further information to add.

The soldiers’ names were redacted in the photo shared on social media — but one was identified as a staff sergeant and the other as a captain. The details suggest that they are members of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, an elite helicopter unit known as the Night Stalkers.

The staff sergeant was sitting outside the administration building at the airport hangar smoking a cigarette when he was approached by “an unknown person wearing full ninja garb,” the photographed document states.

A screenshot of what appears to be a military incident report shared on Reddit describes an attack on a group of soldiers Sept. 18, 2021, in California by a sword-wielding man dressed as a ninja.

A screenshot of what appears to be a military incident report shared on Reddit describes an attack on a group of soldiers Sept. 18, 2021, in California by a sword-wielding man dressed as a ninja. (Reddit)

It is unclear from the records whether the man was an actual practitioner of ninjutsu.

“Do you know who I am?” the ninja asked, to which the soldier replied no, according to the document.

“Do you know where my family is?” the black-clad man then asked. The staff sergeant again answered no.

“The person in ninja garb began to slash at (the soldier), striking his phone and his knee and leg,” the record states.

The staff sergeant took off running across the parking lot to escape the attacker, and then he jumped a fence and entered the administrative building, where he and the captain locked doors and called 911.

Meanwhile, the man dressed as a ninja was “kicking and punching doors and windows” before leaving to grab a large block of asphalt, which he heaved through the window of the administration building.

The captain was struck by the chunk of asphalt, said the document on social media.

The first assistance call was recorded about 1:20 a.m., the Ridgecrest Police Department log shows. A man “with a sword” was in a parking lot, and there was at least one victim, the log states.

About 30 minutes later came a second call via 911: “26 spec op military members doing training at the airport,” the log states. “Hunkered down in a hangar wondering where help is.”

The ninja fled and was arrested elsewhere, according to the document shared on social media.

It indicates that the soldiers were with F Co., 2nd Battalion, 160th SOAR, which had been tasked with support at Fort Irwin’s National Training Center.

The incident report photo was shared Wednesday on the Instagram meme page Daddy SOARbucks before appearing on Reddit.

The Daddy SOARbucks page posted several more memes mocking the company and the battalion over the incident.

The regiment did not immediately respond to a query seeking confirmation of the information shared on social media. It was unclear which law enforcement agency responded to the calls.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-04-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-04-2021 at 01:03 PM.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Time traveling ninja lost and confused
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Did they say if the Ninja was vaccinated or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    It is unclear from the records whether the man was an actual practitioner of ninjutsu.
    Wait, there's a ninja registry?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I've just laughed like I haven't in a very long time. Thanks for posting this. Too funny!

And here I thought I had it rough back in the day. When I was a Staff Sgt loafing and smoking out front of HQ I never had to worry about Ninjas. Glad to hear the ninja fled and was arrested . Waiting patiently for the ninja mugshot.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ninja attacks going global ...

Sword-wielding man dressed as a ninja shot by French police
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/europ...ntl/index.html
    Xiaofei Xu (02 December 2021)

Paris (CNN) A man dressed like a ninja was shot by French police after he attempted to attack two officers with a sword in the western city of Cherbourg on Thursday, authorities said.

The incident escalated as two female police officers approached the man to question him regarding a car theft.

"He was neutralized with bullets," the Cherbourg press office told CNN, however they could not say what condition the man was in.

French Interior Minister Gérard Darmanin expressed his support for the police force on a tweet.

"While intervening in a vehicle theft in Cherbourg, two police officers were injured," Darmanin said, adding, "(My) support to the national police."

Cherbourg's mayor Arrivé Benoît also expressed his gratitude for the work of the police, saying, "All my support to the forces of order."

The two police officers involved are in good condition, authorities said.

Last month, a policeman in the French Rivera city of Cannes survived a knife attack after an assailant approached four officers outside the police station who were preparing to go on control.

The assailant approached the officers asking for information before opening the door of the vehicle they were in and stabbing one of the officers in the chest with a knife, the minister said. The attacker then attempted to stab a second officer before he was neutralized.