Thread: Rand questions HHS Sec. Xavier Becerra

Rand questions HHS Sec. Xavier Becerra

Good watch.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This whole thing is about arrogance. Arrogance has emerged as by far the deadliest of the Deadly Sins. Arrogance says tell people whether to get jabbed or not. Arrogance says central authority can run your life better than you can. People who don't know where their food comes from, who fly over flyover country and can't figure out why the landscape looks like a checkerboard, are being fed an arrogant belief that they know best how to micromanage the world.

There's a couple of commercials out there for a movie streaming service where idiots assume they know things they don't because they saw stuff on TV. They're intended to be funny. In light of all this, they're anything but. We're overdue for some serious humiliation. We need it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-30-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Good watch.

We need a list of every seat that was recently flipped from red to blue. And we need to start working like hell to flip them back.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Rand nailed it. Doesn't matter much I guess. Not enough like him to make a true difference.

Politics. Rand argues that natural immunity is being ignored and that people that have had COVID have natural immunity and studies show it is better than the vaccine. He says he is not against the vaccine but wants natural immunity to be recognized. Politics doesn't allow him to just say no person should be forced to be injected with anything against their will. If that is the true stance what difference does it make if you have natural immunity or not? Does Rand have to argue that everyone must have immunity either naturally or from vaccine? Politically he cannot win the argument that people can reject injections.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Rand nailed it. Doesn't matter much I guess. Not enough like him to make a true difference.
    Well, that and he's still overall sticking with the narrative that the shots are good and covid is really a big deal and the rest. I get that he somewhat still has to play politics but even though he's bringing up things others in Congress won't, it's all still staying within the narrative that "covid" is really some sort of public health threat,shots are good and necessary and safe and effective, etc. It's not really making a difference in exposing the gargantuan amount of lies involved in this whole thing that gives away that the whole thing is 99% a pile of steaming bs. I'd be impressed if Rand started bringing up Great Reset/Agenda 2030 and how covid is being used as an excuse to implement it. Everyone is still just nibbling around the edges to score political rhetoric points while never really drifting outside of the painted lines of "covid is a real pandemic".
    Last edited by devil21; 10-02-2021 at 09:34 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Well, that and he's still overall sticking with the narrative that the shots are good and covid is really a big deal and the rest. I get that he somewhat still has to play politics but even though he's bringing up things others in Congress won't, it's all still staying within the narrative that "covid" is really some sort of public health threat,shots are good and necessary and safe and effective, etc. It's not really making a difference in exposing the gargantuan amount of lies involved in this whole thing that gives away that the whole thing is 99% a pile of steaming bs. I'd be impressed if Rand started bringing up Great Reset/Agenda 2030 and how covid is being used as an excuse to implement it. Everyone is still just nibbling around the edges to score political rhetoric points while never really drifting outside of the painted lines of "covid is a real pandemic".
    Rand doesn't preach to our choir, he preaches to theirs. He doesn't stuff the big red horse pill down anyone's gullet, he chops it up and tries to feed people pieces. He always has.

Is that not worth trying? It's hard to paint it as unreasonable. Even someone as stalwart as Anti Federalist, after all, might be moved to consider this weaponized mutation as "some sort of public health threat".

I'm not saying you're just flat wrong. I'm past the point of allowing for a possibility that this "vaccine" could do any good at all. But that's the balance he's trying to maintain, and he's making an excellent case against mandates either way.

Their main premise is extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. Rand Paul is taking the air right out of that bag of gas, and nobody who fervently believes that this is an extraordinary threat can argue against what he says, nor just tune him out as a matter of course.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-02-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

bump
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.