Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing in preparation of losing your job?

What are you doing in preparation of losing your job?

Assuming people will stick by their guns and not get vaxxed regardless of what their employer says... What are you all doing in preparation for this?

Are you in a position you can absorb losing your income?
    Do you have savings to last a while?
    Looking at lesser paying jobs that won't require the vax?

Discuss. I am doing what I can to prepare my family for it. It's not popular, but it is what it is.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm lucky enough to work at home and probably will for a long time--if not forever. I always however, try to have back-up and stash with whatever I do. I have one credit card that I stopped paying. It's a pretty good sum. They actually offered a settlement where I pay 85% less than the original bill. I haven't taken it and am waiting for them to get tough.

I don't care about credit scores at all. Mine is pretty bad, but must not be too bad since I was just sent a card with a $8000 credit line. I'll probably apply for another one around Christmas. I'm not going to aggressively burn anyone, but will use it if desperate.

I looked up how much it costs for someone to file a home owner lien in my state. I think the lien is a few hundred dollars. Filing to foreclose on a home here is $3200. So, if none of my bills get over $5,000, then I probably don't have to worry about it because most creditors prolly wouldn't waste their time. We're actually paying all our bills now, and my wife is a master negotiator. She negotiated one medical bill for $10 a month. The bill is about $3500, so it will take 30 years to pay. These medical billers will often take what they can get.

Worse comes to worst--then I would move out of the country. We own some land in another country and could decently semi-disappear.

I wrote a religious exemption letter for my nephew who lives another state. It worked. He has passed along the content's gist to three other co-workers so they can use it as a template. I hope even more use it. I am glad to spread it around to thwart these bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

If I'm told that I have to I will look for ways either to change my employer's mind or get some kind of exemption. If those aren't possible, I'll make inquiries about possible jobs that I could get without having to move that don't require it. And if I don't find anything good, I'll bite the bullet and get the vax.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    If I'm told that I have to I will look for ways either to change my employer's mind or get some kind of exemption. If those aren't possible, I'll make inquiries about possible jobs that I could get without having to move that don't require it. And if I don't find anything good, I'll bite the bullet and get the vax.
    That end part is a sad reality I think many will succumb to. For me, I will trust in God for-- guidance, strengthen and protection. I will not volunteer and bow to the evil, no matter what the circumstances are.

Getting back to the original questions; learn a skill, fill your pantry before winter and become self-reliant as much as possible. Also get involved in local business so you can barter.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

My company sent out an email to leadership explaining that they are awaiting orders from OSHA and will determine how to comply when they see the order. I pre-emptively filed an ethics complaint against the CEO and the Board saying that they should not be looking for ways to comply, but should instead be looking for ways to protect their employees from government overreach. I filed it both as a discrimination and harassment complaint. Discrimination because they would have to segment their employees into 2 classes based on their personal decisions. And harassment because they would use this list to conduct weekly harassing procedures (nasal tests) on anyone refusing to declare their medical status. In addition to the pre-emptive complaint, I stated that the email constituted an intimidation tactic to coerce employees into making certain medical decisions that are between them and their doctors. The complaint also stated the laws against retaliation for bringing complaints. I made it very clear that not only would I not comply, I would not engage in any of these discriminatory practices against anyone on my team.

It was just the first shot across the bow.

If the order comes down and they try to implement the mandate, I will not comply and will not allow my team to be placed on any lists. I'm sure our status will be marked as "unknown". If they try to do the weekly tests, I will not comply. They will have to fire me. And I will sue. I have no expectations of winning, but I'm sure I can cause quite a headache. And it's a headache every company needs to feel. The Feds are threatening companies with fines - we need to threaten them with lawsuits. They'll have to decide which headache is worse. Perhaps this will put corporations in a position to lobby against these mandates.

If I am fired, I have enough resources to get by, but I have other companies that I could go to. I could even go the independent consultant route. It'll suck to give up the pension I've been building, but oh well. "Give 'em an inch, they'll take a yard; give 'em a yard, they'll take a mile."

I certainly WON'T be doing this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    if I don't find anything good, I'll bite the bullet and get the vax.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    ...I'm sure I can cause quite a headache. And it's a headache every company needs to feel.

I agree.

If someone is doing something wrong, then they deserve grief. One underestimated thing that changes people minds is simple headaches. I try to give everyone a headache who does not comply!

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

This is now about survival. I'm not playing stupid games with these people. This isn't about some abstract entity called "government." This is about individuals looking you in the eye and jacking you around. Go after individuals, not government. You start messing with my family and my dogs, then you will pay the price. I'm not some kind of bad ass, but I not going to play your stupid games either.

My company sent out an email to leadership explaining that they are awaiting orders from OSHA and will determine how to comply when they see the order. I pre-emptively filed an ethics complaint against the CEO and the Board saying that they should not be looking for ways to comply, but should instead be looking for ways to protect their employees from government overreach. I filed it both as a discrimination and harassment complaint. Discrimination because they would have to segment their employees into 2 classes based on their personal decisions. And harassment because they would use this list to conduct weekly harassing procedures (nasal tests) on anyone refusing to declare their medical status. In addition to the pre-emptive complaint, I stated that the email constituted an intimidation tactic to coerce employees into making certain medical decisions that are between them and their doctors. The complaint also stated the laws against retaliation for bringing complaints. I made it very clear that not only would I not comply, I would not engage in any of these discriminatory practices against anyone on my team.

If the order comes down and they try to implement the mandate, I will not comply and will not allow my team to be placed on any lists. I'm sure our status will be marked as "unknown". If they try to do the weekly tests, I will not comply. They will have to fire me. And I will sue. I have no expectations of winning, but I'm sure I can cause quite a headache. And it's a headache every company needs to feel. The Feds are threatening companies with fines - we need to threaten them with lawsuits. They'll have to decide which headache is worse. Perhaps this will put corporations in a position to lobby against these mandates.

If I am fired, I have enough resources to get by, but I have other companies that I could go to. I could even go the independent consultant route. It'll suck to give up the pension I've been building, but oh well. "Give 'em an inch, they'll take a yard; give 'em a yard, they'll take a mile."

Great idea.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again."
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Retiring and considering section 8, welfare, EBT food, Obamacare, Medicaid, Heating assistance. I might have forgotten a few.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again.

I've been self employed for decades, their 'mandates' mean nothing to me.

If only every person had representatives like Thomas Massie. I am not saying you are from Kentucky but he would agree with you and is one of the few people that has the balls to stand up to the machine.

The spike protein is a bioweapon engineered to bind to the ACE2 receptor. The "vaccine" sends instructions to your body to make the spike protein. "Trusted" sources admit that Covid binding to ACE2 causes Myocarditis, an affliction directly related to this binding. The CDC admits now that the vaccine ALONE is causing Myocarditis (even in young people).

In other words, the Covid disease and the Covid vaccine admittedly cause the same problems. Because while everyone is focusing on all those great antibodies your body is making, no one is talking about how this S1 protein is ******* your **** up by itself (granted, it doesn't happen the same in all people and co-morbidities are a factor).

Also, the spike protein lodges into cell walls BY ITSELF. This is why you get inflammation, for some people all over your body. It's because your body thinks your cells are the virus.

So, for me I won't be taking the Russian Roullette Death Shot.

If my religious exemption won't work, my desire to live and take care of my family compels me to refuse.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    The spike protein is a bioweapon engineered to bind to the ACE2 receptor. The "vaccine" sends instructions to your body to make the spike protein. "Trusted" sources admit that Covid binding to ACE2 causes Myocarditis, an affliction directly related to this binding. The CDC admits now that the vaccine ALONE is causing Myocarditis (even in young people).

In other words, the Covid disease and the Covid vaccine admittedly cause the same problems. Because while everyone is focusing on all those great antibodies your body is making, no one is talking about how this S1 protein is ******* your **** up by itself (granted, it doesn't happen the same in all people and co-morbidities are a factor).

Also, the spike protein lodges into cell walls BY ITSELF. This is why you get inflammation, for some people all over your body. It's because your body thinks your cells are the virus.

So, for me I won't be taking the Russian Roullette Death Shot.

If my religious exemption won't work, my desire to live and take care of my family compels me to refuse.
    Just in case you're one of those people who don't believe anything until you hear it from authoritay...

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ocarditis.html

Quote Originally Posted by Centers for Disease Control
    Since April 2021, increased cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported in the United States after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna), particularly in adolescents and young adults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This applies to me as well, I lost the ability to tolerate anything like this a long time ago. Before I went completely off the reservation I had my own business.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    What are you doing in preparation of losing your job?
    Live frugally, save money, come up with contingencies. I've been "preparing to lose my job" since I entered the workforce in the early 90s. Never finished college, started working in job shops where people are hired and laid off pretty routinely. Unless you were well established (which I wasn't at first) you could expect to be laid off every year or two.

In 2000 I got a job with a tech megacorp but learned quickly that they laid people off not because of talent or seniority, they did it by division or product. A product got canceled in 2001 and they let go 25 year veterans and kept me. I worked on a product they were keeping. The "laid off" people had an opportunity to find another position within the company before actually being laid off, but again, if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, you could go. I kept that in mind when I started working from home and moved to a city that had no real tech presence. Lived frugally, saved, and kept an eye on contingencies. In 2016, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and lost my job.

... I could even go the independent consultant route...
    This^ is what I ended up doing. There's no tech to speak of here, so I hit the road for some gigs and if lucky, grab some remote work. Still living frugally, still saving, still keeping an eye on contingencies.

It's only been a half decade for me, but I'm glad I made the jump. There's enough to stress about these days without a "mandate" to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    ...Worse comes to worst--then I would move out of the country. We own some land in another country and could decently semi-disappear.
    And this^ is one of my contingencies. Except it's more like county than country. I'm shopping for land outside the city. It's going to get a lot worse before any of this gets better. "Semi-disappear" sounds pretty darn good right now.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trusting God..

Was blackballed the last good working years.. effectively retired.

I am kept like a pet these days.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I am self employed, but the place I rent from is insisting I be vaxxed. Since it's none of their business, I am moving. It's quite an inconvenience and is costing me money that I can barely afford, but I feel blessed that I can just move like this. I pray for those whose employment is limited to a single corporation.

The people I rent from were surprised at my move. I have rented from them for over a decade and have never been late on rent. I have even went along with their excessive mask and other requirements to get along, but screw 'em. I am taking a financial hit, but I also feel a surge of energy for standing up for my liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am taking a financial hit, but I also feel a surge of energy for standing up for my liberty.
    Hard to put a price tag on that! That feeling is really invaluable! More people need to recognize how good that feels. +rep
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Hard to put a price tag on that! That feeling is really invaluable! More people need to recognize how good that feels. +rep
    A part of me regrets not standing up and fighting for my right to stay and keep my medical privacy. I kind of feel like I am running, but I simply have no desire to be associated with people who in anyway think they have that control over me.

my boss at my part time retirement job understands my religious exemption so no problem for me.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I'm lucky enough to work at home and probably will for a long time--if not forever. I always however, try to have back-up and stash with whatever I do. I have one credit card that I stopped paying. It's a pretty good sum. They actually offered a settlement where I pay 85% less than the original bill. I haven't taken it and am waiting for them to get tough.

I don't care about credit scores at all. Mine is pretty bad, but must not be too bad since I was just sent a card with a $8000 credit line. I'll probably apply for another one around Christmas. I'm not going to aggressively burn anyone, but will use it if desperate.

I looked up how much it costs for someone to file a home owner lien in my state. I think the lien is a few hundred dollars. Filing to foreclose on a home here is $3200. So, if none of my bills get over $5,000, then I probably don't have to worry about it because most creditors prolly wouldn't waste their time. We're actually paying all our bills now, and my wife is a master negotiator. She negotiated one medical bill for $10 a month. The bill is about $3500, so it will take 30 years to pay. These medical billers will often take what they can get.

Worse comes to worst--then I would move out of the country. We own some land in another country and could decently semi-disappear.

I wrote a religious exemption letter for my nephew who lives another state. It worked. He has passed along the content's gist to three other co-workers so they can use it as a template. I hope even more use it. I am glad to spread it around to thwart these bastards.
    WOW!… gotta wish you the best on this one… sounds like an uphill climb.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I have been living low on the food chain for decades. I prefer to live as simply as I can and beneath my means rather than above them.. I have what I need. If I need something that I don't have the money for I use one of my many talents to generate the currency I need to get what I need.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    This. Become self employed.

If anyone here wants to take that step, contact me and I will do what I can to help.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

JEEZUSSSS!… it’s not like I didn’t see this kind of $hit coming, but yah, I was ‘disappeared’ from my employer, albeit, before the COVID $hit, but kinda glad for it, as this supposedly high profile company (bought & sold a couple of times over) had, over the years, just started to turn into a regime of sorts, so looking back, hopefully being able to actually retire… don’t have a crystal ball tho… gotta wish you the best on this matter.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The Winds Are Whispering A Name
    And Tears Fall From The Sky
    The Devil's On My Shoulder
    Singin' Haunted Lullabies

A Walk Along The Road
    Reveals A Story Full Of Pain
    I Wish I'd Never Come To Be
    So Buried By The Days

Now It's A Slow Farewell
    My Love, I Sing To You
    This Lonely Road Runs Straight To Hell
    Cuz It's A Slow Farewell
    My Love, I Sing To You

I Curse The Day And Blame The World
    For Choices All My Own
    I Got The Patience Of A Dying Man
    Whose Heart Has Turned To Stone

The Blood That's Running Through My Veins
    Is Cold As Cold Can Be
    The Darkness That I Keep Inside
    Is Surely Killing Me
    And It's A Slow Farewell
    My Love, I Sing To You

Cuz It's A Slow Farewell
    My Love, I Sing To You

I See A Bird Upon A Gravestone
    Who Will Lead Me On My Way
    I See Faces That I Recognize
    Whose Names I Cannot Place

I'm A Sinner In The Worst Way
    So Please, I'm Asking You
    Light A Candle, Say A Prayer For Me...
    There's Nothing Left To Do

Cuz It's A Slow Farewell
    My Love, I Sing To You
    Cuz It's A Slow Farewell
    My Love, I Sing To You

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Thank you.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am self employed, but the place I rent from is insisting I be vaxxed. Since it's none of their business, I am moving. It's quite an inconvenience and is costing me money that I can barely afford, but I feel blessed that I can just move like this. I pray for those whose employment is limited to a single corporation.

The people I rent from were surprised at my move. I have rented from them for over a decade and have never been late on rent. I have even went along with their excessive mask and other requirements to get along, but screw 'em. I am taking a financial hit, but I also feel a surge of energy for standing up for my liberty.

Thank you as well.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I just explained to my boss that as a Missouri Synod Lutheran I am pro life . I wont be taking shots that had aborted baby cells used to develop them. He readily agreed. I also pointed out ( he and I have both had the cold at least once ea ) that its pretty obvious by now the shot does no good which he also does not disagree with .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-30-2021 at 08:46 PM.
    Do something Danke

I want to hope that I can convince my company through exemption when it comes (and it's coming soon). But, we all know about hoping. I've also been at it with prayer.
    Here's Doug Casey's take on avoiding the poke:

- Become self-employed (easier said than done for most people)
    - Speak out, don't roll over (this could actually cause you more harm in your workplace right now, but I don't disagree)
    - Hire a bum who looks like you and doesn't mind getting the poke for compensation

https://internationalman.com/article...-out-of-dodge/
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast