Thread: Yet another government "shutdown" coming?

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's just theater. They will raise the limit and print more money like always. There is no effective limit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's just theater. They will raise the limit and print more money like always. There is no effective limit anymore.
    Right? Why get our hopes up like this?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

That would be rad if "government shutdown" really meant government shutdown.
    Yeah, “shutdown” usually means shutting everything customer facing (like parks and garbage collection), while the rest of government continues to function. Even worse it is usually just a paid vacation for them.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The government will shut down at 11:59pm, Thursday.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Everyone knows they won't shut down until we shut them down.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Such a Tease..

Been played before..

Pro tip:
    The Stripper is not going home with you.. Enjoy the show.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Right? Why get our hopes up like this?
    My post probably won't age well....but I dunno, this time feels different than the others. It happens to fall exactly at the end of gov and fedres fiscal year and we know the bankers have been looking for a reason to dump the FRN as global reserve currency. A default would certainly speed that up substantially and create a narrative for why the FRN can no longer be relied on for global exchange and an excuse to intro Fedcoin/CBDC. Just so much more going on this time than the previous shutdown dramas.

(eta: technically shutdown and debt limit/default are separate but they do tie together)
    Last edited by devil21; 09-30-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Such a Tease..

Been played before..

Pro tip:
    I’m dating a stripper right now. Not sure it’s a long term deal but she’s coming home with me lately
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I’m dating a stripper right now. Not sure it’s a long term deal but she’s coming home with me lately
    What is your secret, Jedi master?

(assuming she's not one of those strippers you see and think "ugh why is she still doing this?")

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Whew! For a second I thought this was going to be another government mandated COVID shutdown.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Such a Tease..

Been played before..

Pro tip:
    LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What is your secret, Jedi master?

(assuming she's not one of those strippers you see and think "ugh why is she still doing this?")
    Nah she’s cute. 26. I’m 35. Honestly it’s probably because I am financially independent. I’m not dumb, I’m just enjoying it while it lasts.
    No - No - No - No

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...58598267334657

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, “shutdown” usually means shutting everything customer facing (like parks and garbage collection), while the rest of government continues to function. Even worse it is usually just a paid vacation for them.
    That's exactly it. The parasites use it as a vacation. I had the mispleasure of being in DC in 2019 during the last "shutdown." The whole city and surrounding areas were completely deserted. This, even though over 80% of the government was funded. It's all a scam.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1443664899100618755

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...52984303497217

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...52984303497217
    The RINO club.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...58598267334657
    Stop helping him be relevant.

Stop helping him be relevant.
    Sez the guy who just reposted the tweet by quoting it ...

Sez the guy who just reposted the tweet by quoting it ...
    Perhaps but these people only have the power you give them by providing them publicity. Otherwise he's a CNN wanna-be talking to no one who cares what he says.

Perhaps but these people only have the power you give them by providing them publicity.
    Sorry, but I'm not going to refrain from mocking people like David Hogg, especially when it can be done using nothing but their own words.

Like so:

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...68697504436246

If you think that somehow gives him some kind of "power" that he otherwise would not have had, then I really don't know what to tell you - except that I guess I just don't have as low an opinion of others at RPFs as you do.

Otherwise he's a CNN wanna-be talking to no one who cares what he says.
    *shrug* You cared enough to repost his tweet so that you could complain about it having been posted in the first place.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Mitch and Chuck reach an agreement to add $480B to debt ceiling to cover about 45 days of additional spending until Dec 3. If that date sticks, then Dec 3 becomes a date where -both- the debt ceiling is hit again -and- another shutdown is set for. Has that ever happened before where both are timed up to the same date exactly? Hmmm....