Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Rep Chip Roy Implicitly Threatens Secession During Floor Speech

Texas Rep Chip Roy Implicitly Threatens Secession During Floor Speech

"Our nation's ideological self-segregation is proceeding nicely." -- Michael Malice [h/t OB]

At approximately 24:00 and 40:00.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Texas, Oklahoma, Wyoming and West Virginia are all on the table for me right now.

Must spread rep blah blah
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Listened but didn't hear any implication of secession.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Listened but didn't hear any implication of secession.
    Maybe you don't understand what "implicit" actually means?

Secession Now.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Sounds legit
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Sounds legit
    Immigration issue is "legit" pissing people off for sure.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is there a particular time in the video when he makes the implicit threat?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    This.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 08-12-2023 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Is there a particular time in the video when he makes the implicit threat?
    0:00 -> 45:18

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    0:00 -> 45:18
    I listened to the first couple minutes and didn't hear it in there.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

From April, similar tone

- Kim Kardashian

More likely that you inferred what you wanted to think.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

It seemed like a reasonable inferration to me
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I haven't listened to the speech yet. Mainly because I don't want to sit through 45 minutes of a Congressman talking.

But when listening to something like that, the reasonableness of an inference will be based on presuppositions. My presupposition for any representative other than Massie is that any serious notion of secession is unthinkable to them, and if they want to showboat for an audience that wants to hear them sound like they're for it, and if in that showboating they are vague and their supposed support of secession needs to be inferred, it's because they're leaving themselves an out so they can say that's not what they meant, which would be true.
    Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't listened to the speech yet. Mainly because I don't want to sit through 45 minutes of a Congressman talking.

But when listening to something like that, the reasonableness of an inference will be based on presuppositions. My presupposition for any representative other than Massie is that any serious notion of secession is unthinkable to them, and if they want to showboat for an audience that wants to hear them sound like they're for it, and if in that showboating they are vague and their supposed support of secession needs to be inferred, it's because they're leaving themselves an out so they can say that's not what they meant, which would be true.
    Agreed, which is why I added post #13, which providers a stronger implication of the OP's inferration
    - Kim Kardashian

Immigration issue is "legit" pissing people off for sure.
    If I listened to this without already looking for and anticipating an implication of secession, I wouldn't have inferred it.

Acting alone as a state to halt the border horde is what I would have taken him to convey, ignoring Federal protocols.

Agreed, which is why I added post #13, which providers a stronger implication of the OP's inferration
    Why are you making up words? "Inference" isn't good enough for you?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Why are you making up words? "Inference" isn't good enough for you?
    Yep you hit the nail on the head. Inference isn't good enough for me.

Never did like that word.
    - Kim Kardashian

I wish I had been there the first time a Texan called Pat Buchanan Mr. Buck Hannon.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Fair enough. But I'm 100% in favor of more rhetoric of this nature. It's just another log on the fire.

Also, while I'm in the thread, to those who asked, I included approximate time stamps in my OP... I wasn't going to respond because it's not my job to make sure you read thoroughly, but I'm in a good mood, so...

From April, similar tone

Yes! More rhetoric like this!

I was thrilled when it was reported that approximately 37% of Americans favor secession of their state/region, be they Democrats or Republicans, conservatives or liberals, leftists or rightists.

Separate or Die.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes! More rhetoric like this!

I was thrilled when it was reported that approximately 37% of Americans favor secession of their state/region, be they Democrats or Republicans, conservatives or liberals, leftists or rightists.

Separate or Die.
    One way that ppl like Allen West, Glenn Beck have put it is that the Left has "already seceded". And that we (the south) are not seceding, the Left are the ones that are ignoring the Constitution and they are the ones that are seceding.

However they choose to phrase it, the important thing is they are recognizing the need to separate
    - Kim Kardashian

One way that ppl like Allen West, Glenn Beck have put it is that the Left has "already seceded". And that we (the south) are not seceding, the Left are the ones that are ignoring the Constitution and they are the ones that are seceding.

However they choose to phrase it, the important thing is they are recognizing the need to separate
    I see that the other way around.

What they're essentially saying is, "We're not going to secede. That's up to the liberal states to do. We're going to stay in the union and wait for them to do that."
    Ron Paul

That's doubletalk to me. They haven't seceded, because they're still taxing me. They're still passing laws that impact me. They're still asserting dominion over me. And frankly it's not as though "the right" have been ardent adherents to the constitution over the years.

People like Allen West and Glenn Beck need to grow a set, and affirm that it is time to dissolve the union, and not weasel out of it. Just break it up, already. It would be great if people like West and Beck, with their platforms and influence, would openly embrace the idea of secession. If they did, then we might really get somewhere, instead of this miserable trudging along, wiping our brows over the next, latest outrageous violation of our rights.

I see that the other way around.

What they're essentially saying is, "We're not going to secede. That's up to the liberal states to do. We're going to stay in the union and wait for them to do that."
    That's one way to interpret it. And not necessarily a wrong one.

The important thing however is they are recognizing that a separation needs to occur. Coming to that conclusion is an important milestone in secession actually happening.
    - Kim Kardashian

That's doubletalk to me. They haven't seceded, because they're still taxing me. They're still passing laws that impact me. They're still asserting dominion over me. And frankly it's not as though "the right" have been ardent adherents to the constitution over the years.

People like Allen West and Glenn Beck need to grow a set, and affirm that it is time to dissolve the union, and not weasel out of it. Just break it up, already. It would be great if people like West and Beck, with their platforms and influence, would openly embrace the idea of secession. If they did, then we might really get somewhere, instead of this miserable trudging along, wiping our brows over the next, latest outrageous violation of our rights.
    Oh I'm in complete agreement. They need to nut up.

But again, recognizing the need for separation (regardless of which side does the "seceding") is an important first step.
    - Kim Kardashian

People like Allen West and Glenn Beck need to grow a set, and affirm that it is time to dissolve the union, and not weasel out of it.
    They are both on the mainstream Zionist payroll. You will never hear either of them call for significant change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast