Thread: Coalition

Coalition

Are you guys open to growing our Coalition? It seems to me we have a lot of allies these days. As groups grow they become more generalized, broader in nature and a little messy. I’ve learned this is human nature and history. I wish we could change this country with a pure Liberty coalition but that’s not possible, when has something similar ever happened in human history? It seems to me that we are facing a much larger global battle at this point between freedom and authoritarian control of everything. In this battle we need allies and I think in this country we have them, in fact I believe this coalition is the majority. I’ve got more but wanted to get the conversation going and get you guys thoughts and input.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    I wish we could change this country with a pure Liberty coalition but that’s not possible, when has something similar ever happened in human history? It seems to me that we are facing a much larger global battle at this point between freedom and authoritarian control of everything.
    Yes, I agree with you completely. They're doing a fine job of shoving the vast normal majority once known as "The Middle" out on the fringe with us.

But you know, if it isn't a liberty coalition of some degree of purity or another, how could it possibly fight against authoritarian control of everything, rather than for it?

When the dust settles, we can still only get as much freedom as we give each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Are you guys open to growing our Coalition? It seems to me we have a lot of allies these days. As groups grow they become more generalized, broader in nature and a little messy. I’ve learned this is human nature and history. I wish we could change this country with a pure Liberty coalition but that’s not possible, when has something similar ever happened in human history? It seems to me that we are facing a much larger global battle at this point between freedom and authoritarian control of everything. In this battle we need allies and I think in this country we have them, in fact I believe this coalition is the majority. I’ve got more but wanted to get the conversation going and get you guys thoughts and input.
    Sure. What are the top issues people are concerned about? Here are some of mine.

1) COVID tyranny. From vaccine mandates to mask mandates to suppression of alternative healing to the lab leak issue.

2) Big tech tyranny. Parler being deplatformed. Truthful reporting being squelched. (Hunter Biden's laptop). YouTube demonitization ect.

3) Oppression of crypto currency. From the attack on crypto in the latest infrastructure bill to the SEC lying and trying to call crypto a security.

4) Attack on 2nd amendment. Ongoing.

All of those issues have people involved in them that don't necessarily fall under the Ron Paul unbrella. So...how to push forward on those and other issues in a systematic way. That's the question. We can talk to each other about them until we're blue in the face.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

The monster has outgrown its bounds. There are no more bounds, but complete tyranny. Can we remember that it was Liberty and Free Markets that made this monster? Remember that. Think about it. In order to bring individual liberty and financial indepedence back, the liberty and independence of some must be handicapped. Ron Paul knows this. We should be careful not to simplify the characterisation of our group to the extent that it provides excuses to keep the plutocracy in command. This is why Ron is not Charles Koch, and why Rand is not Tom Cotton. So... what's the difference ? In that determination is the middle road where Paul Camp has much agreement with elements of the jaded, non-mainstream Left, and the Alt-Right.

Rand is still young, as far as Senators go. There are no indications he's going anywhere. I can't help but mention here, that one big reason Paulism, Tea Party, Freedom Coalition, etc, are not the same is Donald Trump. We've been SMOTHERED for 6 years. I feel it should not continue, and is not in our best interest. It was, however, in Rand's best interest to get warm with Trump, for obvious reasons, but I agree that our identity is at stake in a majorly disruptive way. Also, the lack of conservatives in Libertarianism makes Libertarianism mean something OTHER than what it meant for a majority, years ago. I've never been a Libertarian, or voted for one. If someone like Justin Amash won the nom, I'd probably vote for him. This lack of identity has been exploited by dishonest actors and unserious people, and it's driven many away from what could have been a stronger third party. For example, why should there EVEN BE a Constitution Party that was not satisfied with the Libertarian Party? Because Libertarianism means so many different things to different people. Like I said earlier in this -- Liberty for the .000001% cannot continue. Liberty for the amoral and distracted will not help anyone, including themselves.
    Last edited by Snowball; 09-28-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

The thing I was wrong about was Trump, not necessarily the man himself, although I’ve come to appreciate him on a couple issues. What’s happened though is his supporters are a lot closer to the Ron Paul position then any mainstream political candidate before and I mean a lot close and a lot of supporters. In fact his supporters love Dr. Paul and his ideas the way they love their grandfathers who fought in the war and their ideas. In this way I think Trump has helped to accomplish what Dr. Paul started with taking over the GOP from the inside. It’s still in process and their are a lot of issues in general that don’t jive but even I am starting to see the compromises that need to be made in order to have our coalition for the coming battle. I know it’s coming, I know this is the most important fight in generations and I think we need to start working out the details for how our wing of the Liberty movement fits into this big picture. It’s going to be messy, but that is human nature and history.

What's the point anymore? The country is $#@!ed, it's over we lost. I'm more interested in protecting myself and my family now. I'll still vote, but know it's pointless and am not putting anymore effort or funds into this.

There's supposedly 80+ million Americans out there.
    The problem? We are spread all over. There needs to be some condensing. My first piece of advice would be for all liberty types to leave the Left Coast states and move to places like TX, OK, FL, NH, TN, etc. Grow our numbers in these states to develop some concentration.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I had about a 2 hour phone conversation with a Trump-supporting county GOP chairman this week who I met briefly at a rally for a gubernatorial candidate. They started talking about how the establishment GOP was running around trying to get people to stop heckling Kemp at the state convention earlier this year, and I shared my experience as a participant in the 2012 state convention fighting against the establishment.

And I'm gonna be honest, I felt like more was accomplished by that one phone conversation than anything that has been discussed on these forums for the past 8 years or so. There are a lot of new people pouring into the GOP who are getting to experience first-hand the GOP establishment's dirty tricks. The GOP's dilemma is that you've got people getting fed up and leaving politics at the same time others are coming in. We'd better find somewhere to meet up with like-minded folks or we're just gonna keep spinning around in the revolving door while the establishment laughs.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-30-2021 at 06:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like-minded Folks, in my current neighborhood.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

https://www.theolympian.com/news/loc...254738867.html

Several thousand rally in Olympia for protest of state employee COVID vaccination mandate

Read more here: https://www.theolympian.com/news/loc...#storylink=cpy

video at link.

couldn't make this one,,had to run the other way today.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Coalition with whom? Liberals?

Which liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Our coalition ranges from libertarians/paleo conservatives all the way to crystal wearing hippies now. I believe they all have to come over to the MAGA GOP to find a home. The authoritarian neocon/democrat regime has declared war on a majority of the population and people can see that and understand what is at stake. I believe the Ron Paul people have a lot to offer on the ground, they already are taking advantage in places like NH. Time for us to infiltrate the GOP again with our MAGA friends and take the party back. The MAGA guys are doing it with or without us. We can figure out borders and trade later. Right now it’s a battle of the old school freedom of the 90’s 😂 vs 1984.