Thread: Situation 'dire' at US airbase housing 2,000 pregnant Afghan refugees, 22 babies born so far

Situation 'dire' at US airbase housing 2,000 pregnant Afghan refugees, 22 babies born so far

Situation becoming 'dire' at US airbase in Germany housing approximately 2,000 pregnant Afghan refugees

By Oren Liebermann and Ellie Kaufman, CNN
    September 24, 2021

(CNN)The task of accommodating 10,000 Afghan refugees, including approximately 2,000 pregnant women, is putting facilities at Ramstein airbase in Germany under tremendous strain as nighttime temperatures drop toward freezing and what was meant to be a 10-day temporary stay is stretching into weeks, with one US source familiar with the situation describing it as becoming "dire."

Already 22 babies have been born to Afghan mothers at Ramstein, and that number will rise very soon with roughly two thirds of the 3,000 women being housed there pregnant, requiring the time and effort of medical personnel from Ramstein and other bases, two US sources familiar with the situation at the base told CNN.
    Even though it's one of the largest US bases in Europe, Ramstein was never designed to handle such a large transient population especially when there are better equipped and larger facilities in the US.
    cnn.com/2021/09/24/politics/ramstein-airbase-afghan-refugees/index.html

Could one of those babies be a future Prez of US?

Potentially-Related (down the road)

Donald Trump lobs birther attack at Marco Rubio, questions senator's eligibility to run for President
    Feb 22, 2016
    "I don't know. I really — I've never looked at it, George. I honestly have never looked at it," Trump told George Stephanopoulos during an interview on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday morning. "As somebody said, he's not. And I retweeted it. I have 14 million people between Twitter and Facebook and Instagram, and I retweet things and we start dialogue and it's very interesting."
    nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-lobs-birther-attack-marco-rubio-article-1.2539452

There was a very real 'birther' debate about John McCain
    washingtonpost
    Jan 7, 2016 — In many ways, the McCain questions were treated as being more serious.. because he was born on a U.S. military base

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been to Ramstein many times . Cant imagine anything there is really dire . I'm thinking Landstuhl is minutes away and it has the best Doctors in the world there outside the US.
    Do something Danke

Are they being inconvenienced and or overworked by having to spend hours taking care of people that is not normally within the mission ? That I believe. That is not dire , anyone who thinks it is has never been on a battlefield where you are badly outnumbered.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I've been to Ramstein many times . Cant imagine anything there is really dire . I'm thinking Landstuhl is minutes away and it has the best Doctors in the world there outside the US.
    They're calling it dire because babies born in Germany don't automatically become U.S. citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.