Thread: LOL! Netflix openly mocking its own customers

LOL! Netflix openly mocking its own customers

https://www.cnet.com/news/netflixs-t...-kai-and-more/

Netflix to hold global event for viewers called....."TUDUM". It's claimed to be named after the opening sound the Netflix app makes. Instead, it's actually a declaration about their customers. Too Dum. In spanish, tu is 'you'. Not that they're wrong because it's kinda dumb to consistently pay to be propagandized 24/7/365 by the teevee. And it works too, and they know it. Well played Netflix, well played. Calling your customers dumb right in front of their faces and they'll celebrate you for it while they soak up even more of your propaganda during the event.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-25-2021 at 01:37 AM. Reason: better link
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I once talked with this guy who told me about a door-to-door poll in 1970. Pollsters were asking residents if they would pay for tee vee. I guess enough dumbos said yes, and cable tee vee made its appearance soon after.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I once talked with this guy who told me about a door-to-door poll in 1970. Pollsters were asking residents if they would pay for tee vee. I guess enough dumbos said yes, and cable tee vee made its appearance soon after.
    Have you ever watched TV by rabbit ears?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Did cable teevee increase the content ? IDK but nothing is free and if you want something good you pay for it ? Don't want it, don't pay for it ?

I kinda like Netflix... I don't use it a lot but it also doesn't cost a lot. But when I want to watch a film without hassle, it's there... Doesn't have most movies I want to watch... But hey, it's not expensive and it has plenty of content... If you want to watch a movie every day, then yes you'll run out... But compared to the cinema or paying for cable, it's not that bad ? Good service to me.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Still do. I do have some internet channels. Family members have 'gifted' to me because their account allows others. I wouldn't pay a dime for about 99% of the bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Still do. I do have some internet channels. Family members have 'gifted' to me because their account allows others. I wouldn't pay a dime for about 99% of the bull$#@!.
    In Michigan we had 3 channels,,one of those was the Canadian Broadcasting.
    One was mostly snow.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

In Michigan we had 3 channels,,one of those was the Canadian Broadcasting.
    One was mostly snow.
    I actually get about 15 channels. From old westerns to Gilligan's Island. And then another 20 of people selling some really dumb $#@!.

I have a Turk antenna. Not rabbit ears, but we get about 40 channels.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Did cable teevee increase the content ? IDK but nothing is free and if you want something good you pay for it ? Don't want it, don't pay for it ?

I kinda like Netflix... I don't use it a lot but it also doesn't cost a lot. But when I want to watch a film without hassle, it's there... Doesn't have most movies I want to watch... But hey, it's not expensive and it has plenty of content... If you want to watch a movie every day, then yes you'll run out... But compared to the cinema or paying for cable, it's not that bad ? Good service to me.

Yes, I will pay for good quality, except that overall pay TV is the same crap as network TV. This "on demand" concept would be good if it were truly on demand. You can't just do pay-per-view for one boxing match because you have to buy a subscription. Movies can't be bought individually because you have to buy a bundle. The bundling heuristic is generally for suckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I actually get about 15 channels. From old westerns to Gilligan's Island. And then another 20 of people selling some really dumb $#@!.
    I suppose it depends on location.. (Rural UP ,where I grew up,,3 on a good day)

and the quality of the cable provider. (which is often lacking)

Satellite has been the best service the last few, but I can see internet streaming being a better option..(again depending on the provider.)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I suppose it depends on location.. (Rural UP ,where I grew up,,3 on a good day)

and the quality of the cable provider. (which is often lacking)

Satellite has been the best service the last few, but I can see internet streaming being a better option..(again depending on the provider.)
    Yeah, it's about location. And then of course weather. We do have a firestick which allows all kinds of channels. And we piggy back off son-in-laws channels like Netflix and Prime, but that doesn't cost us anything. Again there is some issues with that is our internet is not cable but rather the copper telephone line.

I went to Netflix app a couple of days ago and scrutinized what I was going to watch. Each pick I made was a foreign movie where subtitles were required. I left the app and watched something else.