Thread: Tensions Flare on House Floor As Israel Military Aid Cut, Rep. Calls Israel an 'Apartheid'

Post Tensions Flare on House Floor As Israel Military Aid Cut, Rep. Calls Israel an 'Apartheid'

Tensions Flare on U.S. House Floor Over Israel Defense Funding

By Elizabeth Crisp On 9/23/21

Ted Deutch Accuses Rashida Tlaib Of Anti-Semitism In Tense Iron Dome Funding Debate

An effort to allocate $1 billion toward Israel's Iron Dome defense system prompted a heated debate on the U.S. House floor on Thursday, with multiple Republican members lobbing accusations of anti-Semitism.
    Representative Rashida Tlaib, a Michigan Democrat and the only Palestinian American member of Congress, told her colleagues in a fiery floor speech that she would be voting against the measure because of her views on Israel.
    "I will not support an effort to enable and support war crimes, human rights abuses and violence," she said. "The Israeli government is an apartheid regime."
    Shortly after Tlaib's argument against the bill, Representative Chuck Fleischmann, a Tennessee Republican, sharply rebuked Tlaib, gesturing toward the Democratic side of the chamber.

"The truth has finally come out on the floor of the House in the United States of America," he said. "We heard right now from my colleague across the aisle, a shocking statement—she opposes this because they have a vocal minority in the majority party that is anti-Israel, that is anti-Semitic and as Americans, we can never stand for that."

Representative Ted Deutch, a Florida Democrat, ditched his prepared remarks also to respond directly to Tlaib's speech.
    "I cannot allow one of my colleagues to stand on the floor of the House of Representatives and label the Jewish democratic state of Israel an apartheid state," he said. "To falsely characterize the state of Israel is consistent with those who, let's be clear, it's consistent with those who advocate for the dismantling of the one Jewish state in the world."
    "When there is no place on the map for one Jewish state, that's anti-Semitism and I reject that," Deutch added.

newsweek.com/tensions-flare-us-house-floor-over-israel-defense-funding-1632120

Related

Democrats yank $1B for Israeli missile defense from doomed shutdown and debt patch
    The bill hit a snag with House progressives who were concerned about its assistance to the Iron Dome missile defense system.
    09/21/2021

Israel Feels Alone Without the U.S. in Afghanistan

Israel 'apartheid' bus trial suspended

Ron Paul: Israeli blockade of Gaza horrible & act of war, US morally responsible

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Representative Rashida Tlaib, a Michigan Democrat and the only Palestinian American member of Congress, told her colleagues in a fiery floor speech that she would be voting against the measure because of her views on Israel.
    She sure as hell didn't vote against it because she is fiscally responsible.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Someone should tell the Jews and Judeophiles in Congress that Palestinians ARE ACTUAL SEMITES,
    and the Jews that left Europe and Russia to invade Palestine ARE NOT SEMITES.

Also, if "Israel" is not an apartheid state, then an apartheid state has never existed. A spade is NOT a spade.

How can you argue with people who change the meanings of words and refuse to acknowledge any truth at all ?

You don't. You just talk over them, speak to the public, and swear by God that one day, they will be defeated.
    Last edited by Snowball; 09-26-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch