Thread: Florida Landlord to Evict People Who Refuse Coronavirus Jab

Exclamation Florida Landlord to Evict People Who Refuse Coronavirus Jab

Florida Landlord to Evict People Who Refuse Coronavirus Jab

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ronavirus-jab/

Katherine Hamilton 16 Sep 2021

A Florida landlord who owns eight apartment complexes totaling 1,200 units has given his tenants an ultimatum: get the Chinese coronavirus vaccine or get out.

Santiago A. Alvarez, 80, who mostly owns properties in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, told his employees and new tenants they must be able to show proof of vaccination by August 15. Those who already live in the building must get vaccinated if they wish to renew their leases.

“We have to be concerned about our tenants and our employees. All of these are private properties. We’re just trying to keep people safe and healthy. It’s going to cost us money, but we’re very firm on that,” Alvarez told Florida’s Sun-Sentinel after 15 of his tenants died in the pandemic.

Whether the move is legal is another matter entirely. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) signed a bill this year that bans businesses, educational institutions, and government entities from requiring vaccine passports. The rule went into effect on Thursday and will be enforced by the Florida Department of Health.

“Florida law is clear. A business owner cannot require vaccine passports as a condition of entry. Each violation of the law will result in a $5000 fine,” Gov. DeSantis’s press secretary Christina Pushaw told Breitbart News on Thursday when asked if Alvarez is in violation of the vaccine passport ban.

Pushaw further said people’s jobs and housing should not be jeopardized over a “personal medical decision.”

“As Governor DeSantis said, nobody should lose their job over these unscientific and overreaching vaccine mandates. The same goes for housing; nobody should be denied a roof over their head because of a personal medical decision,” Pushaw said.

“As a side note, it is ironic how the Left is all for the CDC’s unconstitutional eviction moratorium, but they apparently have no problem with a landlord threatening to evict lawful paying tenants over vaccination status,” she continued.

However, Alvarez’s attorney, Juan C. Zorrilla, said he believes his client is not violating the vaccine passport ban because tenants are not “customers or patrons,” the Washington Post reported. He further said Alvarez is not providing a service to them and is willing to make exceptions for religious and medical exemptions.

Alvarez’s order has already cost one tenant a place to live. Jasmine Irby’s lease was up on August 31, but she had no plans of getting the vaccine, according to the Post. Instead, she left at the end of the month and moved in with family.

“No one wants to live anywhere where they are not wanted … If that’s the case, then I might as well get out,” Irby said. “It was just best that I walked away.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was going to put this in the Clown Show thread, but here will do:

https://twitter.com/MoggieBoourns/st...21338591154184

This doesn't really bother me.

Now can we also evict people for silly things like not paying their rent??
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

This covid silliness is affecting me. I am going to change business locations because my landlord is trying to micromanage me. We are on friendly terms and they seem shocked because I don't like to be told what to do. I guess because in the past I was always open to suggestions just to get along. But I draw the line between suggestions and orders.

Anyway it sucks. Businesses were hit hard by the summer of love riots and covid overreactions in my progressive utopia town. The rural suburb where I live is cool, but drive 20 minutes into town and it's suddenly clown world, but I am not laughing anymore. This is how I feed my family.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This covid silliness is affecting me. I am going to change business locations because my landlord is trying to micromanage me. We are on friendly terms and they seem shocked because I don't like to be told what to do. I guess because in the past I was always open to suggestions just to get along. But I draw the line between suggestions and orders.

Anyway it sucks. Businesses were hit hard by the summer of love riots and covid overreactions in my progressive utopia town. The rural suburb where I live is cool, but drive 20 minutes into town and it's suddenly clown world, but I am not laughing anymore. This is how I feed my family.
    Oh, so you’re one of those ones who support the petro-dollar.

J/K

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Florida Landlord to Evict People Who Refuse Coronavirus Jab

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ronavirus-jab/

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) signed a bill this year that bans businesses, educational institutions, and government entities from requiring vaccine passports. The rule went into effect on Thursday and will be enforced by the Florida Department of Health...

“Florida law is clear. A business owner cannot require vaccine passports as a condition of entry. Each violation of the law will result in a $5000 fine,” Gov. DeSantis’s press secretary Christina Pushaw told Breitbart News on Thursday when asked if Alvarez is in violation of the vaccine passport ban.
    THIS belongs in the Clown Show (except the part about the ban applying to government entities).
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

So some guy named Santiago Alvarez in Miami Dade is a retard. Why that is just shocking .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    THIS belongs in the Clown Show (except the part about the ban applying to government entities).
    I would add "educational institutions" to your exception, if they are publicly funded.

(And just to be clear, my own earlier reference to the Clown Show was made with respect to the opportunistic hypocrisy exhibited by Occupy Democrats.)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I would add "educational institutions" to your exception, if they are publicly funded.

(And just to be clear, my own earlier reference to the Clown Show was made with respect to the opportunistic hypocrisy exhibited by Occupy Democrats.)
    I understand, and I fully agree.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

This is probably not legal under current anti-discrimination laws. Liberals don't get to pick and choose who isn't discriminated against.

Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

However, Alvarez’s attorney, Juan C. Zorrilla, said he believes his client is not violating the vaccine passport ban because tenants are not “customers or patrons,” the Washington Post reported. He further said Alvarez is not providing a service to them and is willing to make exceptions for religious and medical exemptions.
    Of course tenants are customers. Everything is commercial contracts, whether you're renting an apartment or buying a widget at Walmart. He's selling a product and/or service just like any other corporation is.

He's a idiot if he tries to enforce it and will be sued to bankruptcy. Blackrock is licking their lips at the potential if landlords start doing this.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...hapter5-2.html

Landlords are not allowed to ask you whether you have a disability or illness, or ask to see medical records.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-18-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book