View Poll Results: George W Bush Legacy: Damaged Beyond All Recognition?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

1 7.14%
  • Too soon to tell/not sure/other

3 21.43%

Thread: George W. Bush compares violent domestic extremists to 9/11 terrorists

George W. Bush compares violent domestic extremists to 9/11 terrorists

W Bush launched Afghan war has ended after 20 years with a failed outcome (besides the Iraq war intervention he started that is not over still).
    His legacy damaged completely or he can redeem himself still?
    (plesae avoid controversial terms like FUBAR if you choose to opine on this topic)

'Children of the same foul spirit.' George W. Bush compares violent domestic extremists to 9/11 terrorists

Sarah Elbeshbishi | USA TODAY

Former President George W. Bush compared domestic and foreign extremists Saturday, seeming to liken the insurrectionists who attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 to the 9/11 hijackers and calling on Americans to confront the growing threats from both groups.
    “There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home,” Bush said during a speech at the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. “But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit.”
    His remarks Saturday marked 20 years since the 9/11 attacks, when United Airlines Flight 93 crashed into a field after passengers fought against the plane’s hijackers, causing it to miss its intended target in Washington, D.C.
    “It is our continuing duty to confront them,”Bush added.

The Republican former president’s comments come eight months after the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol when a mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters tried to stop the certification of the 2020 election results establishing President Joe Biden’s election victory.

Bush has been critical of the events that occurred eight months ago, saying the assault made him “sick to my stomach” and calling it an attack on democracy.
    The former president said in a March interview for the SXSW conference that he was disgusted “to see our nation’s Capitol being stormed by hostile forces.”
    Bush also didn’t mince words about the Republican Party in the months following the Jan. 6 attack, describing the party he once led as isolationist and nativist during an April interview with CBS news.
    “When it comes to the unity of America, those days seem distant from our own,” Bush said Saturday. “So much of our politics has become a naked appeal to anger, fear and resentment. That leaves us worried about our nation and our future together.”

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/09/11/bush-calls-americans-confront-domestic-and-foreign-terrorists/8299807002/

Related

Bret Stephens: GOP 'walking to the edge of moral irredeemability'
    thehill.com/homenews/media/533120-bret-stephens-the-republican-party-is-now-walking-to-the-edge-of-moral?rl=1

Trump Deputy AG Rosenstein Agrees with George P Bush
    George is right. Killing random civilians to spread a political message is terrorism. FBI classifies it as domestic terrorism, but “white terrorism” is more precise. Many of the killers are lone-wolf losers indoctrinated to hate through the internet, just like Islamic terrorists. https://t.co/uyyjkoh1fR
    Rod Rosenstein (@RodRosenstein) August 4, 2019
    Support for Iraq war Reparations is growing

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damaged beyond all recognition? What is his legacy? I guess he's a great guy now since he dislikes Trump. Many have been calling the guy a war criminal for years. Look at the Iraqi war death count.
    https://www.iraqbodycount.org
    Full disclosure I voted for the guy in 2004 back when I was a neocon.

He'll have the legacy of the last president to leave a debt under 12 trillion. The trump percentage increase was less than half of obamas.
    Do something Danke

I'll just leave this . Do any of you think things would hsve been improved if George W; had not won ? I dont .
    Do something Danke

Somewhat correct. The natural progession of extremist politics often ends in terrorism. Give the Trumpkins enough time, they are more like the current Taliban now, they could progress to Al Queda eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Somewhat correct. The natural progession of extremist politics often ends in terrorism. Give the Trumpkins enough time, they are more like the current Taliban now, they could progress to Al Queda eventually.
    W Bush's legacy would have been fine if he didn't invade Iraq. Everything else he did was fairly reasonable.

W Bush's legacy would have been fine if he didn't invade Iraq. Everything else he did was fairly reasonable.
    It's those "bones" that get ya. Keep up appearances, do/say some of the things the base/platform likes... and then BAM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Other: Don't care about what type of legacy any of these $#@!tards leave. We all know its the same BS

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Other: Don't care about what type of legacy any of these $#@!tards leave. We all know its the same BS
    Why the hell do we care about Geo. W. Bush's legacy??? wtf???

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Why the hell do we care about Geo. W. Bush's legacy??? wtf???
    I suppose that they want to vindicate the policies of preemptive war and such.

The good old days when 'murika was great and we didn't take no shat from Irakistan.

Oh, the government helped the January Sixth protestors kill three or four thousand people? No?

Then, Dubya, I suggest you tune into Sesame Street and learn what the phrase "one of these things is not like the other" means.

Don't worry. Sesame Street is video. You don't have to fret the camera will catch your lips moving while you read, the way you fretted while reading My Pet Goat.

By the way, I'm the no vote. This confirms Dubya's legacy. Of the CIA, by the CIA and for the CIA.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-13-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

George W. Bush lasting legacy is a dead political dynasty.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    George W. Bush lasting legacy is a dead political dynasty.
    To the contrary. The New World Fascist Order has just begun.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Oh ye of little faith...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Mussolini's meritocracy is coming back ?

It was the working people of Europe who made that form of fascism happen.

Is that what you see occurring today ?
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Stunning to see that Foxnews has gone from decades of Bush worship to this as Laura Ingraham claims that 'cynically clever Democrats' had Bush make these statements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_U7ExMcWa8

Going by their track record (and of GOP for that matter), down the road similar future likely awaits current Foxnews/GOP hero Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Damaged beyond all recognition? What is his legacy? I guess he's a great guy now since he dislikes Trump. Many have been calling the guy a war criminal for years. Look at the Iraqi war death count.
    https://www.iraqbodycount.org
    Full disclosure I voted for the guy in 2004 back when I was a neocon.
    Bush's lasting legacy would be the biggest blunder in US history - Iraq war.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the only terrorists right now are the people in the government
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

And behind those closed doors, Bush, and DJT who funded the globalist operation, shook hands and shared drink.

LI couldn't/wouldn't/didn't touch the fact that Bush's dad Sr. promised the New World Order and here we are today.

Why people still listen to that garbage on teevee is beyond me.

And that SHILL Hannity: "you will not get it anywhere else". I'll take my RonPaulLibertyReport, thank you very much.

Why people still listen to that garbage on teevee is beyond me.
    Nobody has listened to the neocons' song and dance man for fourteen years. When I see the media pointing their cameras at him, I just assume their ratings are too high, and they're trying to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Nobody has listened to the neocons' song and dance man for fourteen years. When I see the media pointing their cameras at him, I just assume their ratings are too high, and they're trying to fix it.
    So then it'll be another 14 years before the "ex-neocons" figure out this mess that we're in.

Wait... "AI"... scrap what I said.

One can only hope
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    the only terrorists right now are the people in the government
    ^ is exactly what a domestic terrorist would say.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    ^ is exactly what a domestic terrorist would say.
    Not exactly, no. Close, though. They say this:

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Not exactly, no. Close, though. They say this:

So according to GWB, the US should be considered a "hostile regime"? It is, after all, harboring domestic terrorists.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    So according to GWB, the US should be considered a "hostile regime"? It is, after all, harboring domestic terrorists.
    I never had any idea what Dubya was trying to say, and I doubt he did either. All I know is Americans aren't just shopping at Banana Republic...

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom